Five Things I Did This Week
- On Monday 2nd January I planned a London day out for me and the other half which included going to the Star Wars Exhibition at the O2 Arena which was really interesting. We then had cake at Hummingbird, finally made a trip to Patty and Bun (hands down one of my favourite burgers), headed to Forbidden Planet and went to the huge Lego store on Leicester Square where I bought my first lego pieces.
- On Wednesday I had a lovely dinner out with my friend who I hadn’t had a proper catch up with for ages. We opted for Wagamama’s so I could attempt to be healthy and it was a lovely evening.
- On Thursday I had a relaxing evening in with the other half where I cooked us a nice healthy meal and we watched Attack of the Clones. We’ve been working our way through the Star Wars trilogies and are almost there.
- On Friday evening I was invited along to a comedy show in Camden and it was a fun evening. The comedians were pretty good and it was a nice relaxing change of atmosphere.
- On Saturday I headed to my other halves house for the first time and we made a trip into Uxbridge which was strange as I hadn’t been there since the uni days. We went to the cinema and saw Assassians’ Creed followed by the creation of a food baby in Frankie and Bennys.
Five Great Things To Happen
- I sorted out my first few brand contributions for my blog for the year and it looks like January will be a great start to the year in regards to both monetary posts but also brand collaborations.
- Other than my weekend I managed to meal plan every day last week and every day this week so I can keep on track with my Slimming World routine but also plan better when I’m buying food. I am so bad at throwing food away that I need to be better.
- I met my other halves parents for the first time. The concept was initially very scary as I haven’t met a guys parents for about 7 years’ but they seemed lovely and I was made to feel totally relaxed.
- I made my very first large scale lego piece when we bought one of the Star Wars planes. I didn’t realise quite how theraptic it could be making lego.
- I bought a Brevil halo fryer and I am so excited to see get into using it and making loads of yummy healthier foods. I’ve seen loads of people on Slimming World use them for chips but it can be used for so much more too.
Five Things Which Sucked
- It was the week when we went back to work and while we only went back on Tuesday it felt like such a long weekend getting back into the routine.
- I chose this week to sort out the broken links on my site and while I didn’t have too many (I try to tackle them monthly) it’s crazy how many can fit through the net.
- I booked into two Pedal X classes this week and didn’t go to either of them as I was super super tired and couldn’t face getting up early. I need to get my body into a routine of going to bed earlier so I can hack waking up in the mornings.
- I put a tumbler which turned out to be non dishwasher safe into the dishwasher and now I’ve ruined how cute the slogan was *boo*
- I put on 3 and a half pounds at Slimming World. This was over the whole Christmas/ New Year period as I didn’t weigh in between the two so I shouldn’t be too annoyed. I am drawing a line under 2016 when it comes to my weight and starting again fresh.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Having a lovely relaxing birthday but not go too overboard with my food and drink intake over the weekend
- Read at least one graphic novel. I have such a big collection of unread graphic novels and I want to get back into the routine of reading them so I can explore more universes’.
- Try and sort out an appropriate shelf for my Pop Vinyl. Ikea turned out to be unsuccessful and I am pretty sure it’s going to need to be custom made so it’s something I need to look into.
- Head to Boots before work on Wednesday when their 70% sale goes live and grab some more bargains including some presents which I am sure I’ll keep until next Christmas like I did last year.
- Have a laptop free evening on Thursday when I have a relaxing night in.