Wow what a week it’s been. The first full week back at work after the break and despite not going out as much loads happened and it ended in my birthday. I’m going to be honest I hate having a birthday in January when it’s cold, dark and everyone is skint but there’s absolutely nothing I can do about it. As you can see from below a lot of great things happened, and very few negative things so I am super happy with the way 2017 has started.
Five Things I Did This Week
- After some busy weeks, I had a lot of nights in this week. Monday and Tuesday were nights in watching movies and making some home cooked Slimming world friendly meals including Spaghetti Bolognaise Monday and garlic and tomato chicken on Tuesday
- On Thursday I had a relaxing pamper evening which was well needed. I burnt candles, I had a lush filled bath, I smothered my face in a facemask and I relaxed and read. It was a really lovely evening.
- On Friday evening I went out for a meal with my friends to a local Lebonese restaurant to celebrate my birthday. It was the first time any of my friends were meeting my other half and it was a lovely evening.
- Saturday was my birthday and I was well and truly spoilt rotten. The day started when my other half had flowers delivered to me, it’s the first time anyone has ever bought me flowers and they were beautiful. We then went to the Waffle House in St Albans for a lovely breakfast followed by burning it off a trampoline park which was so much fun. The day continued with a trip to a comic book shop and a cheeky little birthday haul in there (I bought 2 Batman new 52’s and Luke Cage and my other half bought three Star Wars ones).
- After a bit of a relax following a busy day on Saturday evening I headed to my parents to see the family and have a nice meal for my birthday. My other half got thrown in at the deep end meeting all my family but they all seemed to get on really well which was great.
Five Seven Great Things To Happen
- It’s been another movie filled week this week and I’ve watched The Lucky Number Slevin, The Lego Movie, Predator and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.
- Me and my friend booked our hotel for our Amsterdam trip next month and I’m starting to get pretty excited. As I did so much travelling last year it really feels like I haven’t been away in ages so it’s nice to have a few trips booked.
- I registered to go to an alternative fashion event next month called London Edge and I am super excited to head there and check out the amazing brands.
- I bought a brand new TV for my bedroom as my one was getting a bit slow and tired and was a little small, and I absolutely love it. My other half even put it up for me so I didn’t have to wait for my dad to come round.
- I managed to haul myself out of bed super early on three mornings this week to do my DDP yoga workout before work.
- Me and my friend booked tickets to see Russell Kane in May. I have loved him for years but never managed to go and see him so I am really excited to have it booked.
- I lost 2 and a half pounds at Slimming World. I am so happy to be on my journey back to being on track with the diet and I am very happy with my first weeks’ loss.
Five Three Things Which Sucked
- Sadly my mum was a little ill and we had to cancel our aqua aerobics class, I still went to the gym in its place though which was good.
- I got the date wrong for the Boots extra markdown sale so as I waltzed in at 8am last Wednesday I realized that the 70% wasn’t on that day which means it must be on this Wednesday.
- I’ve made a decision that I want some shelves for my bedroom and the living room but for the life of me I can’t find one’s in the right size. I know I might need to get them custom made but I wish it was easier and I just order them and get them up.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Do a bit of retail therapy in London next weekend before meeting some friends for a show. I am going to make a trip to Selfridges and Debenhams to treat myself to some makeup after a massive clear down recently.
- Start watching Lemony Snicket which has just come out on Netflix. I’m intrigued to see how they’ve done it and how good Neil Patrick Harris is in the role.
- Cook at least two meals from scratch during the week when I am at home. I am getting more into cooking and am loving my new halo fryer which can make so much.
- Do DDP yoga at least two mornings before work and get up before 8am every other morning to get my body into a better routine.
- Have a lovely catch up with my friend on Saturday as I haven’t seen her properly in such a long time.