Five Things I Did This Week
- On Wednesday evening I headed to the theatre to see a comedy show called Dead Funny. The show features Ralf Little and Katherine Parkinson (the woman from IT crowd). I bought the tickets back in October for a tenner and it was such a funny show. It’s only one until sometime in February and I’d recommend it to everyone to go and see it.
- On Thursday I missed out on getting weighed at Slimming World due to traffic but I had a nice evening in watching movies and cooking dinner with my other half.
- On Saturday I saw a friend who I haven’t seen in ages and we headed to the O2 Arena to have cocktails and dinner before going to see Avenged Sevenfold who were really good. I’ve only seen the band once before and that was headlining a festival so it was awesome to see them in a venue.
- On Sunday I headed into London to do a few hours of retail therapy around Oxford Street and I headed and got colour matched for some foundations as well as picking up some treats. Sometimes you just need to treat yourself to remind yourself why you work so hard, at least that’s my excuse.
- On Sunday evening I headed into Kingston to see You Me At Six play a special acoustic show in celebration of their latest album. The show itself was really good and you can see how much Josh’s voice has grown over the years.
Five Great Things To Happen
- Sephora don’t tend to let you order items to mail forwarding services but it’s something I have kept trying because occasionally something falls through the net. Now the Hourglass Ambient Strobe Lighting Blush Palette is something I have been trying to buy from the US for ages as it still isn’t available in the UK and finally, a Sephora order went through so this palette will soon be mine. As it was my birthday I managed to get my birthday treat, an item with my points, a few samples, and a freebie as well so it’s going to be a great package when it arrives.
- I managed to have a reasonable tidy of my flat meaning all the stuff which was clogging up my dining room table has been moved and found homes for.
- I started watching the new series of Lemony Snicket which is on Netflix and I think they’ve done a really good job of it and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed what I’ve seen so far. Patrick Warburton and Neil Patrick Harris both play fantastic parts and I think they’re both super talented actors.
- The comic book store near me has started doing random boxes of 15 comics’ for £5 so I’ve been a purchased a few and it’s nice to start building my comic collection as opposed to just my graphic novels.
- The Boots 70% off sale happened on Friday and although it was manic and people were going crazy I managed to nab quite a few bargains so I have some nice presents stocked up for people.
Five Things Which Sucked
- My hot water seemed to go on Monday evening so when I tried having a bath it was so cold despite boiling a few kettles worth of water to put in. I just couldn’t relax in there which sucked.
- Much like last week I woke up super early on Wednesday, got ready and headed off to Boots for 8am but the 70% off sale still hadn’t started. It was nice to be ready early but I wish I just knew for sure when it would be.
- My hoover doesn’t seem to be working to optimal level and doesn’t seem to work too well on carpet which means my bedroom doesn’t look great. I’m going to need to look into getting a new hoover at some point which is another expense.
- There was so much traffic on Thursday that I didn’t make it to my Slimming World group which meant I had to wake up early on Saturday morning to go when I should have been sleeping.
- The journey home from Kingston on Sunday evening took over 2 hours for me because we had just missed a train and the next one was like 40 minutes away so we got a bus and then I sat on pretyt much the whole of the Northern Line. It was long so I was cold and tired by the time I got home.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Get a decent amount of sleep/ napping in before my cinema movie marathon next weekend which is all three extended Lord of the Rings movies.
- Wake up at least three mornings’ before 8am and do yoga/ have a relaxing morning with a proper sit-down breakfast,
- Check the Moz update which is due for Thursday. I set myself a challenge of getting to a DA of 35 this year so it would be nice to start the first update of the year in a positive light.
- Keep my flat tidy and clear up everything as I go along to stop things piling up.
- Lose any weight at Slimming World. After my birthday week where I was a bit on and off I need to get straight back on it to achieve my January goal.
What have you been up to this week?