Five Things I Did This Week
- On Wednesday me and the other half had a nice relaxing evening including a Nando’s takeaway, some more Lemony Snicket and a fun game of a deck-building DC comics game. The game was so close I only lost by one point.
- On Thursday I had a lovely catch up with my best friend and we went to our favourite bar for Rum cocktails and a whole load of food including a tapas board and chicken quesadilla’s, the waiters were even impressed we managed it all. It was lovely to catch up especially as she’s gone through a lot in the past few years’ and finally things seem to be looking up for her.
- On Friday I headed to Wembley Arena to see A Day To Remember and New Found Glory and the show was so good.
- On Saturday me and the other half headed into London for dinner. We had originally planned to go to TGI Friday’s but everywhere was massively busy but it was actually great as we spontaneously went to Steak Co and had one of the best meals I’ve had in a while. We had beautiful fillet steak which you cooked yourself to perfection. Sometimes spontaneity works so well.
- After the meal our weekend was taken up with an epic Lord of the Rings Marathon at the Prince Charles Cinema. From 830pm Saturday until 9am Sunday we watched the extended edition trilogy and it was so much fun. I did miss a little bit of the final film due to tiredness but it was something different to do.
Five Great Things To Happen
- I bought a new doormat last summer and ever since then it’s sat in my car waiting to be taken up and finally it now sits outside my front door.
- Another thing I’ve been meaning to do for ages is to sort out my medal hanger. I was given it for Christmas in 2015 so it’s been a long while coming. I’m super happy with how it looks and all it is is a photo frame with the glass taken out covered in sticky back plastic with the hanger screwed and glued onto the board.
- I was looking on the American Amazon site earlier in the week and noticed an Oogie Boogie Nightmare Before Christmas Pop Vinyl which I didn’t know even existed and it wasn’t super expensive. Of course, I ordered it straight away and I can’t wait for it to arrive.
- I lost one and a half pounds at Slimming World this week despite not always being 100% good. I am so happy I lost and I vow to be as good as I can this week to make sure I have a decent loss.
- I used my slow cooker for the first time and made Lemon and Garlic chicken on Sunday and it was so good. I am super excited to try some new recipes and keep cooking.
Five Things Which Sucked
- Boots had apparently lost a photo order I made so there was a lot of going back and forth between the store and their customer services team which was a right pain.
- I had planned to do some clearing out of my wardrobes and clothing this week but I just didn’t have the time to do it properly so I put it off. I hate putting things back on my to do list but it just needed to be done.
- My hoover still doesn’t seem to be working on the carpets in my flat so I’ve had to take the plunge and buy a new hoover. At the moment it’s been reserved so I just need to go and buy it.
- My birthday flowers eventually died and I hated throwing them out. They did last super well at 2 weeks but as they were the first bunch of flowers I’ve ever been bought I didn’t want to get rid of them.
- My blog stayed at the same DA during the Moz update. Now I shouldn’t really be upset by this as it’s miles better than a drop but I was hoping to just push over the 30 mark. Next time…. next time.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Try and see Trainspotting 2 this week.
- Book my airport parking for when I head to Amsterdam at the end of February.
- Plan a really fun day out in Oxford as a catch up with a friend who I haven’t seen in ages.
- Do my DDP Yoga at least twice before work.
- Lose any weight at Slimming World for next weeks’ weigh in
What have you been up to this week?