Three Products To Complete My Hair Pamper Session

Three Products To Complete My Hair Pamper Session

The first time I used hair dye was about 12 years’ and since then I’ve become addicted totally ruining my natural hair colour – a light mousey brown – having had red, purple, dark pink, black, auburn, brown and highlighted hair over the years. I always tend to opt back for red though when I have the chance as I find it suits my paler skin and is just quite a me colour, but any ladies (or men) who dye their hair red know how limited the staying power is. Over the years’ I’ve tried a variety of branded dye’s, different shampoos and conditioners and think I have the best of the bunch, but dying my hair every few months’ inevitably must be taking a toll on my hair.

I received a lovely bundle of hair care products filled with three products I had never tried before but was eager to test out.

The first product in the box and admittedly my favourite of the bunch is the Sachajuan Ocean Mist Volume Shampoo. The Swedish-based brand’s ethos is to combine simplicity and function and they’ve hit the nail on the head with this shampoo. The packaging is minimalistic with a delicate light fragrance and not your heavy shampoo scent. It contains algae-based ocean silk technology which is designed to nourish hair whilst giving it volume which is something my hair generally lacks and it left my hair feeling bouncier than I’ve ever noticed it before. Due to the nourishment, my hair felt so silky even though I didn’t use conditioner with it most times.

Harley Street Shampoo

The next item I got was the Balmain Argan Moisturizing Elixir which is designed to leave hair feeling smoother, softer and healthier leaving detangled shiny hair. I’ve always been put off Argan things as I assume they’ll be oily but this didn’t feel greasy at all which was a great sign. After doing my normal hair routine but using a little of this after shampooing I definitely noticed my hair looked shinier, even before drying it and I barely even had to use my tangle teazer like I usually have to. You can use this on damp or dry hair and it doesn’t need rinsing off.

The final item I had was the Root 66 Max Volume Shampoo which I was so excited to try as volume is something my hair always needs. The shampoo is meant to add maximum life and maximum volume to limp and slightly lifeless hair. I feel my hair drags a little bit, and because it’s naturally straight there’s little volume within it. I noted a little-added volume by using this but I definitely feel the  Sachajuan Ocean Mist Volume Shampoo did a better job with my hair.

How do you pamper your hair?

1. Hannah Latoya Bond
    January 13, 2017 / 10:21 am

I haven’t heard of this brand before. Is the shampoo sulphate free. My scalp is in much better condition after ditching the sulphate shampoo x

2. January 13, 2017 / 10:35 am

I love the Sachajuan products – they work wonders for my hair! x

3. January 13, 2017 / 12:19 pm

Ooh Balmain products are really good, I tried a few a while back and really liked them!

4. January 13, 2017 / 12:44 pm

Ooh this sounds great – my hair always needs a volume boost!
    I love the Aussie 3 minute miracle, and Moroccan Oil 🙂

Dani x

5. January 13, 2017 / 3:24 pm

Oh I love the sounds of these products. I’m a hairdresser so always on the look out for new great products to try. I love leave in conditioners and dry end serums at the minute x

6. January 13, 2017 / 8:47 pm

I really love argan oil treatments for my hair, so the Balmain Moisturizing Elixir sound great to me. The Sachajuan Ocean Mist shampoo sounds lovely as well, I’m always on the look out for great shampoos x

7. Emma White
    January 13, 2017 / 9:41 pm

oh these look and sound great my hair is so long and thick and dull that I really need to find something to bring it back to life

8. Baby Isabella
    January 14, 2017 / 10:18 am

My mummy has really thick, black coloured, wavy hair and it drinks moisture, so she usually pampers it by using hair masks once every 2 weeks. Its nice to breath life back into dull hair

9. January 14, 2017 / 2:11 pm

I need to pamper my hair more often, these products sound quite nice.
    I usually just use a deep conditioner every now and again

10. Jodie Whitham
    January 14, 2017 / 3:19 pm

I love trying new looks and think now is the best time. Might not have the guts to try blue or pink hair in my 40s but glad I’ve tried them. I loved being red but now more of an ombré. I think it’s important finding colours you’re comfortable with as well as experimenting x

11. Beautyqueenuk
    January 14, 2017 / 6:25 pm

I am a big fan of the Sachajuan Ocean Mist Volume Shampoo and it smells incredible x

12. January 15, 2017 / 11:52 am

the sound of the shampoo sounds brilliant. i lack in volume too and the word ocean sounds promising haha

13. January 15, 2017 / 3:08 pm

I have to admit I have never dyed my hair before but yours is always cool. I like the sound of the ocean mist shampoo.

14. Melanie Edjourian
    January 15, 2017 / 9:14 pm

The moisturising elixer sounds great and good for untangling hair. I must give that a try myself.

15. January 15, 2017 / 11:08 pm

I dyed my hair red a couple of years ago and the colour just wouldn’t budge. The ends of my hair are still a bit ginger even today! I’ve never heard of these products but they sound amazing. I don’t use many products on my hair, although I do love Aussi’s 3 Minute Miracle Conditioner as a treat sometimes.

16. January 15, 2017 / 11:19 pm

I am currently getting my hair dyed at the hairdresser. It does seem to help the condition. And I’ve finally found a shampoo and conditioner that works with the hard water here

17. January 15, 2017 / 11:38 pm

I like to pamper my hair with a nice deep conditioner. It’s always my favorite to do with a mask on my face 🙂

18. Harriet @ Toby&Roo
    January 16, 2017 / 12:12 pm

Oohh my hair really needs this, I’m struggling with dry ends!

19. January 16, 2017 / 9:30 pm

I’m so envious that you’ve tried red, purple, dark pink, black, auburn, brown AND highlighted hair – I’m far too shy. These treats sound lovely too!

20. January 16, 2017 / 9:34 pm

My hair definitely needs a pampering! I love a good hair mask. I have mousey brown hair too, and I am not a fan of it on me!

21. Talya Stone
    January 17, 2017 / 12:47 pm

Oh man my hair needs some serious pampering! The only pampering my hair gets is a twice weekly wash and a twice yearly cut – tis the problem of being a mum! I could really do with this.

22. Sharon M Parry
    January 17, 2017 / 1:28 pm

I love the sound of the volume shampoo – I can’t stand it when my hair is flat which happens a lot in this weather! Looks like a great product!

23. Clairejustineo
    January 17, 2017 / 5:03 pm

My hair could do with a pampering! Sounds great, like the sound of the volume shampoo 🙂

24. January 17, 2017 / 7:19 pm

I love having a treat and having my hair pampered, I don’t get the time to do it as often as I would like though. The volume shampoo looks fab

25. January 17, 2017 / 7:31 pm

I am quite bad at looking after my hair but I am loving the sound of that Swedish shampoo and would love to try it

26. Jayne
    January 17, 2017 / 7:38 pm

This sounds like something I could really do with using! Got to love a bit of self pampering 😉 x

27. Ickle Pickle
    January 17, 2017 / 7:52 pm

I do so little pampering for myself, I could do with some of this! Kaz x

28. Lyndsey O'Halloran
    January 17, 2017 / 10:19 pm

My hair is a bit of a state if I’m honest. I haven’t had it cut since last March

• Amanda
      January 21, 2017 / 6:43 am

I have you beat, I haven’t trimmed my hair in two years. Horrible I know!

29. Baby Isabella
    January 18, 2017 / 2:24 pm

My mummy dyes her hair black so it’s always in dire need of moisture. Thankfully it’s super thick so she doesn’t need the volume boost but the Argan Elixir sounds good for her x

30. Joanna
    January 20, 2017 / 7:10 am

Hhmmm, I don’t pamper my hair too much and that’s probably why it’s so damaged. I started with the argon oil and leave in condition, which is helping but I think I really need to up my pampering

31. Jazmin Williams
    January 23, 2017 / 12:46 pm

This sounds amazing! I don’t do too much but I’ve been using LUSH’s Rub Rub Rub rather than a typical shampoo and my hair just seems to benefit so much more 🙂

32. Jazmin Williams
    January 23, 2017 / 12:46 pm

33. Donna
    January 23, 2017 / 3:25 pm

My hair really needs some TLC!!! This sounds like just the ticket!