Why I’m Super Excited For Download Festival 2017

biffy clyro
Photo taken by the super talented Graham Berry, one of the Mosh photographers from Reading Festival 2016

I’ve been going to Download Festival every year since 2009, the last four or so through press and while it’s always been a super fun weekend sometimes I’m just not all that fussed on a load of the music, especially the headliners. I’m not a huge ‘classic rock’ fan so all of the Metallica esque bands just aren’t my kind of thing. This is why I was so excited when the headliners were announced for this summer’s’ as there’s System of a Down who I didn’t actually manage to see in full last time they played so I’m looking forward to that, Biffy Clyro who are one of my favourite bands and never disappoint, and Aerosmith as part of their farewell tour so it will be great to see them before they go.

Usually I find only a handful of the bands’ further down the bill appeal but this year I feel a little spoilt as Download are trying to tap into the popularity of pop-punk and have chosen one of my favourite bands, Good Charlotte to play alongside others I love including Issues, Simple Plan and Pierce The Veil. They’re pushing some of the smaller bands and I’m excited to see them in live scenario’s, people such as Basement, Knuckle Puck, and Greywind.

I’m quite excited to see Prophets of Rage as I don’t know much about them other than it being members of Rage Against The Machine, Public Enemy, and Cypress Hill. Fozzy who are fronted by Mr. Chris Jericho himself are always a pleasure to see and it feels like it’s been far too long since I last saw them. AndΒ AFI are also playing and I don’t actually think I’ve ever seen them before so as long as they play ‘Miss Murder’ I’ll be over the moon.

Are you tempted by any festivals this summer?
January 21, 2017

• Reply Jodie Whitham

Download sounds fab! I’ve never been as felt it might be too hard rock for me. I love biffy and good charlotte most from the list. Want to go to more festivals but never have anyone keen to go with me x

January 22, 2017 at 12:27 pm
  • Reply Dino's Beauty Diary

I’ve always wanted to go to Download but never got round to it as I was never 100% sold on some of the acts. This year though the line up looks amazing! I saw SOAD at Leeds festival a few years ago and they were brilliant, so I’d definitely be up for seeing them again! xo

Emma-Louise | Dino’s Beauty

January 22, 2017 at 12:32 pm
  • Reply Joanna

I’ve not been to festival in quite awhile I’m definitely tempted to go to one this year but ideally not far to travel to.

January 22, 2017 at 12:44 pm
  • Reply Melanie Edjourian

It sounds like you will have an amazing time and it’s great you will get to see Aerosmith they are great!

January 22, 2017 at 5:26 pm
  • Reply The Quiet Resolution

Ahh sounds like their are some great acts headlining. Friends of mine have been to download and raved about it, hope you have a lovely time!
    L x

January 22, 2017 at 7:37 pm
  • Reply Hannah Latoya Bond

I’ve never been to Download, I know a few people who have and love it x

January 22, 2017 at 9:32 pm
  • Reply Stephanie Merry

I’ve never been to Download before but I have done a fair few festivals over the years – not got any planned just yet though x

January 23, 2017 at 9:44 am
  • Reply Tanya Brannan

I went in 2015 just to see Aerosmith!! I wish I was going this year but lack of holiday time and funds prevents it πŸ™ Hope you have an amazing time!!

January 24, 2017 at 11:33 am
  • Reply Lilinha Espindula

I’ve never been to a festival before, but Download Festival sounds great! πŸ™‚

January 24, 2017 at 7:20 pm
  • Reply Johanna Worcester

I feel the same about most fesitvals; I only like a few on the line up so I rarely bother going. Download seems amazing this year, though. Biffy Clyro are my faves, but alas I don’t have the money πŸ™

January 25, 2017 at 5:51 pm
  • Reply Ana De Jesus

I do quite like Wireless but apart from that like you said so many festivals only have a few artists that you like x

January 25, 2017 at 6:37 pm
  • Reply Mellissa Williams

I’ve seen Aerosmith live and they were amazing! Prophets of Rage sound good, we all love Rage Against the Machine and fondly remember when they knocked the X Factor winner off the number 1 slot at Christmas a few years ago.

January 25, 2017 at 6:46 pm
  • Reply Ickle Pickle

Oh I love Aerosmith! I am hoping to go to Camp Bestival again this summer. Kaz x

January 25, 2017 at 7:56 pm
  • Reply Sarah Bear =]

I haven’t been to a festival for years! This line up sounds amazing though. Biffy Clyro, Good Charlotte, RATM, Public Enemy, Cypress Hill & AFI are sure to be so good! I totally forgot about that Miss Murder song! Thank you!

January 25, 2017 at 8:44 pm
  • Reply Anosa

If I was to attend this festival it would be to see Simple plan. I am actually looking to see them in concert.

January 26, 2017 at 12:12 pm
  • Reply Beautyqueenuk

I would be so excited to see Metallica as well I have to admit x

January 26, 2017 at 5:02 pm
  • Reply Laura @ What's Hot?

I didn’t know Aerosmith are doing a farewell tour! Looks like there’s lots of great acts πŸ™‚

January 26, 2017 at 5:09 pm
  • Reply Steph

I’ve never been to a festival, while i like the idea of going I think it would be too overwhelming, as I get older I get more anxious in crowds. I think if i went to one it would have to be for a day and not stay over. x

January 26, 2017 at 10:04 pm
  • Reply Stella Kashmoney

Never been to a summer festival. Maybe one day.

January 27, 2017 at 10:57 am
  • Reply Angela Milnes

Oh I know how much you love events like this from reading your blog. I hope you have a super fun time and look forward to reading about this.

January 27, 2017 at 11:06 am
  • Reply Zena's Suitcase

My sister would love this line up, I’ll be letting her know who’s playing this year now I’ve seen this. Have fun

January 27, 2017 at 1:11 pm
  • Reply Emma - Our Fairytale Adventure

My cousin played at Download festival a few years ago, every year he asks if I want to go and I still haven’t had the chance! This year’s line up looks amazing, I may have to tag along with him this year!

January 27, 2017 at 8:01 pm
  • Reply Rachel George

I have never been to a festival and am off to Google most of those mentioned! I hope you have a fabulous time.x

January 27, 2017 at 9:14 pm
  • Reply HackingParenthood

With my little one now I’m having to find more family oriented festivals. Lol the real hippy types. Some good band playing though!

January 27, 2017 at 9:15 pm
  • Reply Life Unexpected

I haven’t seen AFI in about 10 years! I love Download. I went for a few years in a row and used to go to at least 3 festivals a year, but since I’ve had my daughter have only managed one so far. I love Every Time I Die and Four Year Strong so these would be my motivators to go. xx

January 28, 2017 at 8:23 am
  • Reply Jordanne Lee

I am super excited for this year’s line up! It looks like it’s going to be amazing! The fact good Charlotte and system of a down will be there along with biffy and PTV, Cannot wait for it!

Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

January 28, 2017 at 1:16 pm
  • Reply fashion-mommy

Oh my! I saw Cyprus Hill live back in the day, can’t believe some members are in a new band.

January 29, 2017 at 5:29 pm
  • Reply April Bishop

Download lineup is so good this year. I tend to prefer the other stages to the main headliners too and can’t wait to see Good Charlotte after they killed it at Reading festival last year! April x

March 20, 2017 at 12:36 am