Shabby Chic Bedroom Wishlist

I am forever feeling the need to change around my rooms, especially my bedroom and get that perfect style be it new bedding, shelves, wall art or furniture and I love the idea of a country farm, shabby chic style look. Going for this look would be a sharp contrast from my modern looking flat.

One of the most important aspects of a bedroom – it’s in the name – is the bed. Currently, I have an ultimate storage bed which is perfect for storing things and keeping everything tidy but isn’t really that nice to look at. I have always lusted after french style beds with their ornate beautiful headboards and pretty legs, although I don’t know if it would quite look the same with all the boxes and storage I’d add underneath. Most of the time when I see shabby chic inspired items they are white, but I love the idea of wooden finishes as I know I’d never be able to keep white furniture white.

Of course, no bedding area is complete without bedside tables, I literally could not live without mine as they store so much junk and keep all those important items to hand. As soon as I saw these Westbury bedside tables I fell in love, they’re pretty much made for me seeing as my surname is Westbury.┬áDespite the fact that they’re cream in colour, contradicting what I said above, they do have a wooden top and because this is the most likely place to get dirty due to night time drinks and beauty products I could deal with this. Pastel coloured patchwork bedding would be a perfect flash of colour mixed in with the shabby chic furniture and this multicolour floral set is just beautiful.

Another item I’d love to have in my bedroom is a dressing table. Currently, due to space I store my makeup and do my beauty routines in my ensuite as I don’t have a proper area in which to sit and do my makeup. I’d love to have a pretty dressing table with a huge ornate mirror behind it and a little chair. While I couldn’t settle on an exact dressing table as it would need a lot of storage I did come across this stunning ornate silver mirror which would look amazing alongside it. With the shabby chic vibe, I’d definitely opt for neutral colours with the furniture and fittings and colour with the furnishings. To match the pastel pinks in the bedding this pink and wooden chair would make the perfect addition alongside the dressing table.

What would you go for if you redecorated your bedroom?

*This post is in collaboration with Crown French Furniture but all thoughts and opinions are my own

January 10, 2017

• Reply Beautyqueenuk

I have always wanted some patchwork bedding, there is something so cute about it x

January 10, 2017 at 9:23 pm
  • Reply Lynne Harper

I’m in the process of doing my bedroom up so it was great getting some inspiration from your post. I struggle with storage as I have so so much stuff.

January 11, 2017 at 11:44 am
  • Reply Milly

I love shabby chic! Although, sometimes I feel like my current room is more just ‘shabby’ than ‘chic’…!

January 11, 2017 at 12:46 pm
  • Reply Jessica Wilby

I really want to change up my room but I’m so limited in rented accommodation. Things like mirrors and chairs are perfect though, loving the pastel pink chair!

January 11, 2017 at 2:03 pm
  • Reply Stephanie Merry

Fab wishlist, I have a dressing table in my room and it’s my favourite part of my bedroom! x

January 11, 2017 at 2:34 pm
  • Reply Abigail Porter

We’re having a room switch around in our house so looking forward to redecorating and choosing new furniture. I’d love a dressing table however I don’t know what I’d do with it considering all I do is brush my hair and don’t apply any makeup haha… x

January 11, 2017 at 4:28 pm
  • Reply Deborah Nicholas

oh i love that bed!! we really struggle as we live in rented and it has wall to wall mahogany wardrobes! uck!

January 11, 2017 at 6:46 pm
  • Reply FussFreeJen

I was just thinking about this, this morning. My bedroom needs a spruce up. Unsure where I will go with my own ideas, but am liking some of these suggestions.

January 11, 2017 at 6:50 pm
  • Reply Ana De Jesus

I am a big fan of shabby chic especially when it is furniture! I love the bed gorgeous x

January 11, 2017 at 7:47 pm
  • Reply Anosa

If I redecorated now I would have a closet and a lovely french bed or anybed with a headrest lol. Loving your wishlist

January 11, 2017 at 9:08 pm
  • Reply Hannah Latoya Bond

The bed looks awesome. I don’t really have a dressing table. i prefer to do my makeup standing up so just use a regular mirror x

January 11, 2017 at 10:28 pm
  • Reply Jemma Andrew-Adiamah

I love the shabby chic trend. I love your pics here.

January 12, 2017 at 12:29 pm
  • Reply Harriet @ Toby&Roo

I need that chair. I need it. I love that sort of pretty style!

January 12, 2017 at 1:08 pm
  • Reply Melissa Zia

That bed looks brilliant, I like all things retro to be honest.

January 12, 2017 at 5:43 pm
  • Reply Nicol Wong

i love that style of bedside table. ive got one similar and need more

January 12, 2017 at 10:04 pm
  • Reply Sian

That mirror is gorgeous! I finally put a dressing table in my bedroom two years ago – although I think it’s given me an excuse to buy more makeup rather than to keep my bedroom tidy!x

January 13, 2017 at 9:35 am
  • Reply Rachel | Beauty and the Bird

I love shabby chic designs – that pink chair in particular looks gorgeous!! ­čÖé x

January 13, 2017 at 9:40 am
  • Reply Crystal Gareau

OMG I love all of these designs. I wish my daughter had my same style sense.. she’d have her room just like this. I love the design of the bed.

January 13, 2017 at 2:30 pm
  • Reply Jess Howliston

I love the shabby chic feel it just feels so homely and cosy! My bedroom really needs decorating (its the last room in the house to be done) and to be honest I will be happy to go with something that just isn’t white walls as that is all we have had for the past year lol!! x

January 13, 2017 at 4:35 pm
  • Reply Hungry_Healthy_Happy

I love that bed. We have been thinking about redecorating our bedroom and that bed would be perfect.

January 13, 2017 at 5:37 pm
  • Reply Amelia Larsen

I love the little chair, would look perfect at my vanity!

January 14, 2017 at 9:52 am
  • Reply Julie S Kalungi

That Retro Bed and Mirror and beckoning to me. Its great to change things around rearrange your energy

January 14, 2017 at 2:56 pm
  • Reply Helen Costello

We are just starting our bedroom – Its in desperate need of an overhaul with dark furniture. I love that bedside table – just the colour scheme we are looking for.

January 14, 2017 at 10:24 pm
  • Reply Jazmin Williams

Gorgeous! I just redecorated mine which is shabby chic / kitsch with a touch of French and I love it so much. Similar colour scheme to what you’ve picked

January 15, 2017 at 8:28 am
  • Reply BRAND AND BEAUTY

I love the idea of a shabby chic style in my bedroom! I think you should go for the westbury bedside table haha x

January 15, 2017 at 1:07 pm
  • Reply Colette B

We’ve spent so much time and money on our house over the last couple of weekends updating rooms with key pieces of furniture and decorative items – I’ve still got quite a wish list though. Isn’t it a shame that practical isn’t always beautiful!

January 15, 2017 at 6:28 pm
  • Reply Angela Milnes

I love patchwork bedding. It’s my favourite. The bed you chose is gorgeous. I think we have similar tastes. Shabby chic is great!

January 16, 2017 at 10:19 am
  • Reply Tanya Brannan

I would love a shabby chic bedroom. That bed is just a stunning shape. My bedroom is in need of an update
    It’s not one style or another at the moment x

January 16, 2017 at 10:41 am
  • Reply fashion-mommy

Shabby chic is my favourite decor style, especially for bedrooms, it’s something I think you can achieve on a budget too.

January 16, 2017 at 11:21 am
  • Reply Angela Milnes

I really love the shabby chic trend their works was so amazing and I love the quality

January 16, 2017 at 5:51 pm