Five Things I Did This Week
- On Wednesday me and my other half headed into London to see Star Wars inspired metal band Galactic Empire and it was such a fun night full of music from the movies and some funny commentary.
- On Thursday evening after going to Slimming World and popping into town I had a lovely relaxing evening including a Lush filled bath as per usual and re-doing my nails with some new gel polishes which came through today.
- On Friday evening me and my other half headed to TGI Friday’s for a lovely dinner and then went to see Trainspotting 2 which was actually a pretty good movie. I loved how despite how much time had passed the feeling of the movie remained very similar to the original.
- On Saturday we had a bit of a relaxing evening when ended in pizza making with some new gadgets we’ve got including the Pizza Steel and a small tabletop pizza maker. We ate all of our food while watching Role Models.
- On Sunday I headed into Oxford to have a catch up with a friend who I hadn’t seen in a while and it was lovely to see her. We had a nice lunch, wondered around a few shops, went to the Natural History museum, and after I bid her farewell I headed to Atomic Burger with my other half and his friend which was an awesome looking restaurant but the food was only alright.
Five Six Great Things To Happen
- After a successful first try of my slow cooker on Sunday I went to the butchers Monday morning to buy a pork shoulder and spent all day cooking pulled pork and it came out so well for a first attempt.
- I booked the parking ticket for my trip to Amsterdam, doing stuff like this makes me realize the trip is slightly closer than I thought and it’s getting me super excited.
- My dad has arranged a day to put up the shelves in my flat and I am so excited as I have had the idea in my mind for months’ and have been buying cute things for them so next weekend they’ll be up.
- I have been pricing up and looking into getting a new car and after getting approval from my family and my other half on my ideas it looks like I’ll be going ahead. I am waiting on my friend to price up the car then it’s off for a test drive. I’m so excited!
- I lost another pound and a half at Slimming World. My weight loss is going pretty slowly but that’s because I am having some odd cheat/ off diet meals when I go out but I am happy for it go slowly, I’m just super happy I lost this week!
- Me and the other half booked a whole load of stuff this week to look forward to including tickets for Slamdunk in London where I’m showing him his first festival experience, we got tickets to the Green Day Hyde Park show which will be awesome, and we got some tickets to see Chris Ramsey play a small comedy show next month.
Five Things Which Sucked
- On Tuesday I felt quite ill so I wasn’t able to go to the gym and my aqua aerobics class like I had planned.
- Despite my DA not changing when the update happened I checked Moz a few days later and saw it had gone down by 2 points. I am gutted as I had just about got over no increase and now I’ve found out that I dropped 🙁
- On Tuesday I got a flat tyre on my car. I noticed my car didn’t feel right when I started coming out of my flat and I drove it probably longer than I should have before I was able to pull over. I felt completely helpless and had to call my dad to come and change the tyre for me. That’s what dad’s are for isn’t it?! Not only did it waste an hour but after taking it to the garage I ended up needing 2 tyres and wheel alignment so I had to drop a little under £200 to fix my car.
- I went out looking for a new outfit in town but after popping in a few shops I couldn’t find anything that I liked, they had my size in and looked nice. I have my close friends’ engagement party I want an outfit for and Valentines’ Day so I have no idea what I’m going to do.
- I booked tickets to see Russell Brand in December in London only to find out a day or two later that he’s playing a show in Watford which would have been so much easier for me to go to.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Make plans for my boyfriends’ birthday. I want to make the weekend super special for him and I have a few ideas but I want to plan and finalize stuff soon so I can get excited too.
- Clear out one of my wardrobes at home. I am planning on being ruthless with my clothing as I have so much so I am hoping to make a good dent.
- See Lego Batman at some point. The showings seem to be pretty early for this but I am hoping I can get there next weekend.
- Make a small plan for my Amsterdam trip and work out roughly what we want to do when we go.
- Find a nice outfit to wear for Valentine’s Day. I rarely ever dress up and I fancy making an effort so I want to go out and find a nice dress, or something prettier than the standard jeans and vans that I wear day in day out.
What have you been up to this week?