Five Things – Week 55

Five Things – Week 55

Five Six Things I Did This Week

• On Thursday evening I had a catch-up Nando’s meal with a friend who I don’t get to see as often as I’d like. It was nice to see him and of course it was Nando’s so the food was great.
  • On Friday evening I headed into Mayfair with a few friends to attend another friends’ engagement celebration drinks. It was the first time we were meeting our friends’ fiancé and it was so awesome to meet him as he was lovely and made such an effort with us girls.
  • During the day on Saturday I headed to the Renault garage to test drive the new Clio Dynamique S car and after a few hours of working things out I paid a deposit. At some point in the next few months I’m only going to have a brand new car. It hasn’t quite sunken in yet that I’ll have a new car but I can not wait!
  • On Saturday I went to see Lego Batman with my other half and this was followed up by an awesomely massive meal in Chiquitos. The movie was so good and I love how they appeal just as much to adults as they do kids.
  • During the day on Saturday I headed into London with a few friends to go to London Edge which was an alternative clothing/ lifestyle event and while you couldn’t buy too much there as it was wholesale I did manage to pick up a few bits including some Hex Bombs which I am in love with.
  • On Sunday evening I went to see Jack Whitehall at Wembley Arena and it was such a fun evening of laughter and he was so good live.

Five Six Great Things To Happen

• At the beginning of last week I worked out exactly what I wanted to plan for my boyfriends’ birthday and got it all sorted. I’m not going to put anything on here until after I’ve told him as I know he does read my blog sometimes and I’d hate to ruin the surprise, but I am excited about what I’ve got planned.
  • I’ve finally started up with Pinterest. It’s been well overdue and I know it’s going to take some time to properly get into it but theres so many awesome things out there (homeware mainly) that I’m annoyed it’s taken me this long. If you fancy following me you can here.
  • I managed to have a huge clear out of another of my wardrobes this week and it’s another black bin bag full of clothes. I keep a lot of stuff which doesn’t fit me anymore and I have to be realistic about what I might be able to slim down into and fit. I have some Topshop jeans I used to love and holding them up I have no idea how they ever fit me so they got added to the pile.
  • I am planning a bit of a re-do of my living room so I have been buying homeware bits as I go and I ordered the prettiest rose gold side table this week and I am so excited for it to come through.
  • I’m in the process of having a huge clear out of my kitchen and I already love how it’s turning out. I want to maximize the use of my cupboards so my outside space is less cramped.
  • Me and my other half have booked our very first trip away together so on the early Mayday bank holiday we’re heading to Belfast. We’re going to do the Game of Thrones tour and then explore the city across three days. I am so excited to go away and spend a whole weekend together. Let’s just hope he doesn’t get fed up of me!

hex bomb

Five Things Which Sucked

• There was an awesome Too Faced and Skinny Dip collaboration set out this week with the melted chocolate palette, better than sex mascara, a mini blusher and melted lipstick, and an awesome makeup bag with a great price, but the big issue was by the time you added on shipping and tax it cost £33 more than the set which I just couldn’t justify.
  • I managed to put on a pound at Slimming World this week which is pretty gutting. I need to really push myself to get into it properly and not keep eating all the treats.
  • On Sunday evening after Jack Whitehall there were issues at the overground station so our journey home took about 45 minutes longer than it should have which meant I got home super late which wasn’t fun.
  • The paint hadn’t quite dried on my shelves which meant that they couldn’t be put up this weekend pushing it until next Sunday now.
  • Debenhams was out of stock of something I was going to buy when I went into London which I ideally wanted for this week so now I’ll have to re-think while I order it.

Five Things To Do Next Week

• Finish plans and ideas for my London day out next weekend.
  • Sort out my mum’s birthday and Mother’s Day present ideas. Both fall next month so they tend to require a bit of planning.
  • Book a visit to the Sky Garden for my London day trip with my friend
  • Check Debenhams for the Too Faced/ Kat Von D collab which is due in shops on 13th Feb.
  • Properly get into Pinterest and start getting it into part of my everyday routine.
What have you been up to this week?

1. Hannah Bailey-Churcher
    February 13, 2017 / 12:04 pm

Sounds like a really busy week! I used to LOVE Chiquitos food. xo

2. February 13, 2017 / 1:57 pm

You really need to book a trip to the Sky Garden – it’s so much fun and the views are amazing x

3. February 13, 2017 / 4:01 pm

Sounds like you had a busy week, a friend of ours is going to see Jack Whitehall, will let them know it was good. I need to work on my Pinterest as well x

4. Mellissa Williams
    February 13, 2017 / 4:48 pm

You have had a busy week. I bet you are excited about the new car, I know I would be woo hoo!

5. February 13, 2017 / 5:05 pm

what a busy week oh i could just eat a chiquitos

6. February 13, 2017 / 5:39 pm

I’ve been wanting a rose-gold table for so long! They’re so pretty!

7. Deborah Nicholas
    February 13, 2017 / 6:09 pm

It sounds like youve had a great week, love the look of those Hex bombs and you cant beat a Nandos! lol

8. February 13, 2017 / 6:31 pm

I love this post, its such a fabulous way to look forward and also celebrate some positive tings that have happened. Enjoy your day out in London next week, not a bit jealous lol (take me with you) x

9. February 13, 2017 / 6:44 pm

Sounds like another fun and busy week was had. Congratulations on putting the deposit down on the car, and also booking a trip to Belfast with the other half…so exciting! Looking forward to hearing about what you have planned for his birthday x

10. Healthy & Psyched
    February 13, 2017 / 10:06 pm

What a great idea for a round-up post. It’s nice to focus on the positives and then get to vent about some things that suck. Plus setting goals is so important.
    Think I will be going to see the Lego movie this week 🙂

11. February 13, 2017 / 10:35 pm

So jealous that you got to see Jack Whitehall, I have been dying to see him live for ages. Plus mmm Chiquitos me loves!

12. February 14, 2017 / 10:10 am

So busy how do you fit it all in? Don’t worry about the slimming world we all have weeks where we will gain x

13. Meenal Ranka
    February 14, 2017 / 11:22 am

Seems like a pretty busy week. The way you have listed out everything is amazing. And pinterest is an amazing site, you’ll get into it easily.

14. Teresa Bowen
    February 14, 2017 / 12:01 pm

I will be interested to hear your opinion about the Sky Garden. I have been meaning to book a trip for ages but never found the opportunity.

15. February 14, 2017 / 2:10 pm

Jack Whitehall would be amazing to see live, I must make sure to book tickets one day!

16. Beautyqueenuk
    February 14, 2017 / 4:39 pm

Yay good work with Pinterest, I am totally obsessed with it and a few minutes turns into hours when I am pinning x

17. Melanie Edjourian
    February 14, 2017 / 8:28 pm

I wouldn’t worry too much about putting a pound on it just spurs you on to do better next week.

18. February 15, 2017 / 2:01 am

Oh, I love Nando’s too! Seems like you had a lot of things to do! Enjoy your trip to London, take a lot of pictures!

19. February 15, 2017 / 12:00 pm

It sounds like you had a lovely week – congratulations on the new car! And I’m sure next week at SW will be better x

20. February 15, 2017 / 12:05 pm

Sounds like you had a great week, full of lovely food and celebrations, so don’t worry about the pound. I am sure it’s just water retention! 🙂

21. Jessica Lynn Martin
    February 15, 2017 / 1:28 pm

Awesome that you joined Pinterest. It can be addicting to pin everything. I want to take my kids to see the Lego Batman movie, they will love it. My week was busy doing valentine’s day prep for my kids for their school parties.

22. Hungry_Healthy_Happy
    February 15, 2017 / 3:37 pm

You have only just got on Pinterest? Be prepared to lose hours of your time. It’s additive.

23. Angela Milnes
    February 15, 2017 / 5:59 pm

Looks like you had an awesome day and have a great celebration. Congrats on your new car

24. February 15, 2017 / 7:45 pm

Welcome to Pinterest! I’m addicted and I can spend hours exploring the fab ideas.

25. February 16, 2017 / 12:00 am

Pinterest is great, Its so fun! I am looking forward to the too faced & collaboration

26. fashion-mommy
    February 17, 2017 / 12:05 am

How exciting to be getting a new car, definitely something to look forward to.

27. February 20, 2017 / 2:37 pm

You haven’t been on Pinterest all this time? Be careful you don’t get addicted now ;))
    I really need to clear out my wardrobe soon.

28. Naomi JC
    February 22, 2017 / 10:49 pm

I love Nando’s, I went vegan a few weeks ago- actually nearly a month now and the vegan options are actually really good!

29. February 22, 2017 / 10:59 pm

Pinterest and clear out it’s my on to do list this week. I need to take an example of you 😉 I was never big on Nando’s but after this i want one again 😉 Yes, Sky garden is on my to do list!