Five Things – Week 56

Five Things – Week 56

Five Things I Did This Week

• On Tuesday it was my first Valentine’s Day with my other half. Of course, we had work during the day *yawn* but the evening was perfect and he took me to a lovely Italian restaurant in Holborn, the food and the service was incredible. It was so nice as we both made an effort and got dressed up which is always nice to do every once in a while.
  • On Wednesday I went to see the new Fifty Shades movie with a few of my friends and despite the first one being 100% awful this wasn’t quite as cringy. It might be because there was sex scenes than the first one or perhaps I was more prepared but it wasn’t completely rubbish.
  • On Saturday I ticked three things off my London bucket list including a trip to Choccywoccydoodah which was amazing (expect a separate post on this soon), the Natural History Museum and dinner at Hache burgers. The day was amazing although I was pretty knackered by the end of it.
  • On Saturday I also went to the Gin Festival at the Tobacco Docks and it was such a cool event to try out a bunch of gins’ and I even introduced the other half to his first gin experience which seemed to go down well.
  • As we’d had a busy day Saturday we had a lazy Sunday which consisted of a trip to Nando’s, a D&D game (yes I am giving it a go) and watching London has fallen.

Five Great Things To Happen

• Despite not wanting to on Tuesday morning I dragged myself out of bed to go to a spin class. I’ve lagged a bit on the gym front over the past few weeks and I want to get back in the mood of going some mornings.
  • I found out from the garage that my new car should be at the dealership within 3 weeks’ which is super exciting as it means that very soon I’ll have a flashy new car. I never thought I would be able to get one but I can not wait to get rid of my current one.
  • After starting Pinterest last week I started getting more into and SEO optimized all of my own pins which I had added on there including the descriptions and my own name/ bio and converting to a business account so I can track analytics.
  • I have planned out almost all of March blog content and started scheduling and writing for the month ahead. I am feeling so much more prepared this year than I did last year and it’s crazy how inspired I can get.
  • My shelf for my Pop Vinyl’s has gone up *hooray* I am super happy with the way that they look.

Armani Foundation

Five Four Things Which Sucked

• My mum was taken into hospital on Wednesday evening due to chest pains. Fortunately did they some tests and didn’t find anything wrong so she was discharged but she’s been so unlucky with her health I hate seeing her feeling crappy.
  • I ended up leaving it pretty late to book our visit to Anne Frank’s house in Amsterdam and we didn’t manage to get the time that we had wanted. Fortunately, we did still get booked in though as I don’t know if I’d have fancied a huge queue, I know some people have waited hours.
  • What with a fair few meals out I didn’t go and get weighed at Slimming World last week because I just couldn’t face putting on weight. I really shouldn’t skip weeks but I plan on being better this week and getting back to it.
  • Due to some issues with tools my dad wasn’t able to get up my additional shelves on Sunday as planned so I’m waiting on them being done this week *fingers crossed*

Five Things To Do Next Week

• Style my new shelves which are going up and try not to clutter them up too much.
  • Pack for my trip to Amsterdam on Friday
  • Start prepping my posts for Mothers’ Day so I am well prepared in advance
  • Go to the gym twice (or more) in the mornings to kick start my day
  • Book my spa treatments for me and my mum so we can have a few hours of relaxation and pampering
What have you been up to this week?

1. fashion-mommy
    February 20, 2017 / 11:56 am

How lovely to spend your first Valentine’s day together, and well done for braving Fifty Shades.

2. February 21, 2017 / 7:43 am

I’m so sorry to hear about your Mum, how scary! Thanks goodness there was nothing seriously wrong. I’m glad you had a good time on Valentine’s Day and ticked off three things on your London bucket list. Exciting news about the car being ready soon x

3. Louise O'Brien
    February 21, 2017 / 10:45 am

So glad you enjoyed Valentine’s, and I am just so excited about your car, I see a blog post about that soon! I loved my local gin festival it was soooo good! Sorry about your mum and glad she is home now. Can’t wait to hear about Amsterdam I so want to go there X

4. February 21, 2017 / 11:23 am

Glad you had a good Valentine’s Day and well done for getting up for the Spin Class. I’ve been bad and missed the gym quite a bit but ready to get back on it this week x

5. Donna
    February 21, 2017 / 11:53 am

I can’t see anything except these amazing hot chocolates! I saw them on your instagram and couldn’t stop thinking about them – haha! No joke. I should set myself weekly goals too, it’s a great idea. Enjoy Amsterdam

6. February 21, 2017 / 12:12 pm

oh i do love hot chocs and i really could fancy one right now x

7. Joanna
    February 21, 2017 / 4:23 pm

I’d Love to go to choccywoccydoodah. I hope u have a lovely time in Amsterdam

8. February 21, 2017 / 5:33 pm

I hope you have fan in Amsterdam, so jealous. I hope you had a wonderful Valentines day at the Italian restaurant x

9. Kara
    February 21, 2017 / 6:02 pm

I have always wanted to try Choccywoccydoodah – I used to walk past the shop when I lived near Brighton and dream about the creations in the window. Have a lovely time in Amsterdam

10. February 21, 2017 / 6:28 pm

I’m starting to become jealous of your weekly posts like this! Those hot chocolates look awesome!

Kayleigh x

11. Chloe Griffiths
    February 21, 2017 / 8:01 pm

that drink looks so good xo

12. John Franklin
    February 21, 2017 / 8:15 pm

Sounds like a fantastic week, I particularly like the sound of the gin festival.

13. February 21, 2017 / 9:45 pm

You had such a fun week! I would pay a lot of money to attend a gin festival. Gin is so delicious!

14. Hannah Latoya Bond
    February 21, 2017 / 9:52 pm

Those drinks look amazing. I want to try that Giorgio Armani foundation x

15. February 21, 2017 / 11:24 pm

I really want to visit Choccywoccydodah, it looks incredible. You are really lucky to get booked into Anne Frank’s House – it was so hard when I went so we had to que. It was at opening time so we only qued for about 15 mins but when we came out they said it was 2 hours long! Have a great time in Amsterdam! xo

16. February 22, 2017 / 4:29 am

looking forward on your five thing to do next week! Enjoy Amsterdam and your spa treatment with you Mom! Have fun!

17. Jessica Lynn Martin
    February 22, 2017 / 10:49 am

I am so sorry your mum had to go to the hospital. I hope she is doing better. That is awesome that you crossed more things off your bucket list! Congrats on your new car!

18. February 22, 2017 / 1:40 pm

I want to visit choccywoccydoodah now, I didn’t know they did hot chocolates!

19. Marie Barber
    February 22, 2017 / 3:04 pm

What a great week despite the sucky things that happened it all turned out good! Have a great time in Amsterdam and yay for a new shiny car 🙂

20. February 22, 2017 / 6:01 pm

Such a busy week! Sorry to hear your mum wasn’t well, hope you both enjoy your spa treats 🙂 Have a great time in Amsterdam!

21. Beautyqueenuk
    February 22, 2017 / 7:23 pm

Ooh am looking forward to your post on Choccywoccydoodah, it is on my list x

22. February 22, 2017 / 9:57 pm

Seems like you had a great week, full of delicious meals! 🙂

23. February 23, 2017 / 3:45 am

I love reading fun things from people’s week. Congratulation on your first Valentine’s Day together as a couple. Here’s to many more!

24. February 23, 2017 / 10:58 am

Sounds like a busy week you have had. Those drinks look very nice

25. Melanie Edjourian
    February 23, 2017 / 12:25 pm

Wow you lucky lady I have been past the London Choccywoccydoodah before but never been in and if those drinks are from there I really must visit soon. Have fun in Amsterdam x

26. Dena Jayne
    February 23, 2017 / 8:47 pm

I saw Fifty shades this Tuesday and I much preferred it to the first one! xo

27. Deborah Nicholas
    February 23, 2017 / 9:42 pm

Oh wow it sounds like you’ve had a great week!!

28. Ayesha Farhad
    February 24, 2017 / 12:27 pm

Wow looks like you had an amazing week! sorry for you mum though, hope she feels better!
    can’t wait for you review on the Choccywoccydoodah!

29. Angela Milnes
    February 25, 2017 / 10:25 am

Looks you have an awesome week, and I love your meal sounds perfect

30. Baby Isabella
    February 27, 2017 / 11:21 am

We’d love to head to Choccywoccydoodah! We passed the Brighton store a couple of months back and it looked amazing! x