My last week has been a complete mixture, Thurs- Sun was crazy busy with a day out and then a three day trip to Amsterdam which was so much fun, but the earlier part of the week was more relaxed. I can’t believe that this is my 57th week doing my five things post, at the beginning of last year there was no way I’d have thought that I’d keep up with a regular post like this but it’s crazy. Here’s a rundown of how my week went.
Five Things I Did This Week
- On Monday I had a nice relaxing evening in including a pretty pink Lush filled bath, a mindless movie, and a nice dinner. I am trying to get into the habit of having one night a week to myself to relax and take care of myself.
- On Thursday I had the day off work and when my other half finished work just after lunch we had an awesome day out which included a trip to Top Golf where he got to experience how awful I was, a trip to the bowling alley where we worked out I wasn’t THAT bad and then dinner at Bella Italia which was super yummy.
- At about 3am on Friday morning I headed to Luton airport with my friend to go to Amsterdam and it started with Aspire Lounge Access. I’d never have considered it before but there was loads of yummy food and drink and it was super relaxing. Keep your eyes peeled for a post all about it soon.
- The main reason we chose this weekend for Amsterdam was because my friend wanted to see The Weeknd in concert and I have to admit he was awesome and I knew a lot more of the music than I thought I would.
- And of course the rest of my time was spent enjoying Amsterdam and we managed to squeeze quite a lot into our time. I’d been once before but pretty much didn’t see anything then so it was nice to explore and see the city.
Five Great Things To Happen
- My dad finally got my new shelves up in my flat which means esthetically my flat is starting to look more like I want it to.
- After a few invoices’ got paid I managed to buy a few Joseph Joseph items for my kitchen that I had been lusting after for ages including some new chopping boards and a brand new set of knives. I can’t believe how excited I am getting over kitchen things recently.
- I told my other half what we’re doing for his birthday so I can now reveal it here; I’m taking him to Paris for the weekend. We’re going to do a whistle stop trip to the French capital and bring his birthday in in style.
- When I got back from Luton airport on Sunday evening my other half was waiting for me at my flat with a massive bag of Nando’s food. It was such a nice thing to come home to.
- Me and my friend booked to do the Olympic Slide when we’re in London next weekend and I am so excited, and a tiny bit nervous as it’s blooming tall.
Five Four Things Which Sucked
- I missed Slimming World again this week and I know I’ve been really bad so I’m scared that things have gone back to how they were post- Christmas.
- My dad came back around while I was away to sort out some bits in my flat which means I didn’t clean too much before he came as I knew there would be mess. This meant when I got back from Amsterdam my flat was pretty messy.
- Our flight home from Amsterdam ended up being delayed for about an hour meaning we got back a bit later and I didn’t get as much time to relax and unpack as I would have liked. Damn Easyjet.
- Due to some less than perfect weather we didn’t manage to go up the observatory tower in Amsterdam which is a shame as it’s one of the only things I’d have liked to do but didn’t get the chance to.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Try and book a date to go to the DC Lego exhibition which has opened up in London as it looks awesome
- Keep an eye on the Moz update next Wednesday when hopefully my lost points from last time will appear again
- Start clearing out my main wardrobes in my bedroom and be ruthless with my clothing
- See Logan. It comes out properly on Wednesday and I need to see the movie as early as possible to avoid spoilers
- Re-book my annual travel insurance and ensure it covers me for everything I’ll need in Hawaii