Five Six Things I Did This Week
- On Tuesday I went round my other halves house to have dinner and it was nice to see his parents again as I had only briefly met them back in January.
- On Wednesday I went to the Olympia for Marketing Week Live which was good fun and due to being out of the office this was followed by a cheeky shopping trip down Oxford Street including a few Lush products, a gorgeous leather jacket from Forever 21 and some unplanned beauty items from Selfridges.
- Wednesday evening I headed to the Royal Albert Hall to see Russell Howard who was incredible. I don’t think I’ve laughed that much at a comedy show in a long time and it really made me feel happier about life.
- On Thursday I went along to Renault to pay for and collect my brand new car. I could not be happier with it and I am so glad I took the plunge to buy exactly what I wanted. It might have been expensive but I know it’s going to last me for a long time.
- On Friday I went into London for a birthday meal at Steak & Co with my other half and his parents. Last time the pair of us went here the meal was great and this was no different.
- Over the weekend I took my other half to Paris to celebrate his birthday and it was a really nice weekend. We climbed Notre Dame, explored the Louvre, had some nice food, relaxed on a river cruise and had a great weekend.Paris to celebrate his birthday and it was a really nice weekend. We climbed Notre Dame, explored the Louvre, had some nice food, relaxed on a river cruise and had a great weekend.
Five Great Things To Happen
- My old car got completely cleared out on Monday which meant it made a trip to my parents for my dad to clean/ sort the car out before selling. Aren’t family the best?!
- I put my old TV up on Gumtree and then found both of my Tom Tom’s which have also gone up, I’m super happy as it means I could get a decent chunk of money to put towards a good day out or trip.
- I booked tickets to see a show called Wonderland in the summer which is based on the story of Alice when she’s older, I also booked some tickets for a special event I’m going to take my other half too (keeping quiet in case he reads this) and Ricky Gervais who announced some extra London shows.
- My passes for Lower Than Atlantis on Friday have been approved. I haven’t seen the band for what feels like forever so I can’t wait to catch them slay Brixton Academy.
- After months of trying me and my friend finally booked ourselves in for a Shoreditch Art Tour. She has had a voucher for us since her birthday last April but finally we have a day.
Five Things Which Sucked
- Due to not having a huge amount of time in this week I ended up being awake until 1.30am on Wednesday evening just to do a bit of tidying and to make my flat liveable.
- My dishwasher seems to have started leaking due to it moving in the cupboard space where it is housed in the kitchen which is a pain as it means more work for my dad to do to try and fix it.
- I had an issue with one of my credit cards’ while paying for my car which meant I had to do some moving around of money to sort things out and it ended up taking a bit longer than I expected it would.
- I saw a beautiful pair of boots in Office on the sale but they didn’t have my size. I went to check online but they were full price, it just wasn’t meant to be.
- My other half had a sore throat on Saturday morning so naturally by Sunday morning so did I. Thankfully it seems to be easing but it’s still not 100% yet.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Make a start on clearing out my wardrobe as I pretty much can’t get anything in or out at the moment.
- Do some baking this week. I’m thinking brownies.
- See if I can organize and book a trip to see Beauty and the Beast at the cinema next week. The movie looks great and it will be a nice catch up with some of my friends.
- Explore something new in London before my comedy show next Saturday evening.
- Have a relaxing evening this week to have a soak in the bath, pop on a face mask and watch a silly movie.
What have you been up to this week?