Five Six Things I Did This Week
- On Monday I headed to my parent’s house as it was my mum’s birthday. It was good to see the whole family and have a nice dinner.
- Thursday was my me-evening where I ran some errands in town, had an indulgent dinner, binge watched It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and had a bath. I do my best to have one night a week where I can relax and pamper myself.
- On Friday I headed to Brixton Academy to see Watford lads Lower Than Atlantis play a headline show. I was really impressed with the band and it was lovely to see them live again after what felt like ages.
- On Saturday morning me and my mum headed to a local salon for a facial and a massage which was part of her birthday present. It was so lovely and relaxing and my skin felt great afterward.
- After the relaxation, I headed into London with the other half to grab some food in Camden which included the messiest fried chicken and cheese sandwich, the best halloumi fries and an amazing honeycomb brownie. After food and a little shopping, we headed to Leicester Square to see Chris Ramsey and it was hilarious, so much so I spent a lot of the time crying.
- Sunday saw my first proper Dungeons and Dragons game with my other half and three of his friends. If someone had told me a year ago I’d be spending my weekend playing D&D I’d have laughed but it was really good and great to see a game dynamic outside of the trial games I’ve done. We went through our character creations and then about three hours of game play.
Five Great Things To Happen
- I got round to booking my transfer from the airport to my hotel when I arrive in Hawaii. It’s nice knowing that there will be a shuttle there waiting to take me to my hotel and that they know exactly where they’re taking me so I don’t have to stress after about 20 hours of traveling.
- This week I began watching the Alien movies and I really enjoyed the first one which wasn’t quite as horrific and jumpy as I thought it would be. I just need to finish the 2-4 movies and watch Prometheus before heading into the Alien Vs Predator movies.
- I managed to clear out my wardrobes this week and although I don’t feel that I threw too much away I can now fit everything in my wardrobe again *yay*
- Due to my wardrobe clear out I made a pretty hefty Boohoo order after finding some awesome new clothes that I like including a duster jacket which I think will be great in this transition weather.
- Despite all the bad things said about it I’m really enjoying Iron First and although I’m only 4 episodes in I know it’s going to be a good one.
Five Things Which Sucked
- Me being a silly billy knocked over a full cup of drink on my bedside table which left me with half an hour of cleaning and drying items.
- I ordered a light Spring coat but when it arrived it looked totally different to how I thought it would look and definitely won’t be right for what I want it for.
- I got a little behind on emails and things and know I need to spend some time this week catching up especially as we’re nearing my holiday and I know I’ll be away.
- I am stressing a little bit about my holiday as I don’t really own a lot of weather appropriate clothing as I don’t feel comfortable in them so I need to be prepared and start pulling stuff out earlier to work out what I need to buy.
- I still don’t know the exact details of what’s going on with a hen party I’m going to in less than two weeks and it’s a bit stressful as I don’t know how much money I’ll need, what we’re doing or anything like that.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Book afternoon tea for one of my friends’ birthdays next month.
- Go into Three to find out what deals they have on using data abroad for when I am in Hawaii.
- Go to my friends’ to try on some sari designs in advance of our friends’ wedding later this year. I am super excited to start trying some bits on and working out what kind of thing I want.
- Do some fun things in London on Friday during my day off including a Shoreditch street art tour and heading to the Sherlock Holmes museum.
- See Beauty and The Beast at the cinema.
What have you been up to this week?