FiveThings I Did This Week
- On Tuesday evening I headed to one of my friends’ houses for a catch-up evening which involved trying on sari’s. One of our best friends’ is getting married in July and it’s going to be a traditional Indian wedding so we’re all dressing up in the appropriate attire. The sari’s were stunning and it was so tough to make a decision on what to wear but I think we’re all sorted now.
- On Wednesday it was date night so we had a lovely Chiqitos dinner and went to see the new Kong movie which was really good. It wasn’t as jumpy as I expected it to be but the CGI was incredible.
- On Friday I had the day off work so I headed into London with my friend where we finally made it to the Sherlock Holmes museum which is a cute little museum showing the house where Sherlock and Watson lived and worked. After this we were then booked into the Shoreditch Street Art Tour which is something we’d been meaning to do for absolute ages and it did not disappoint. I’ll be dedicating a whole post to it very soon.
- Sunday was Mothers’ Day which meant a morning and afternoon spent with my family. We had a nice roast dinner and it was just lovely to just spend time with my family.
- On Sunday evening I headed to the O2 Arena with two of my friends’ to see Craig David and he was incredible. With a 1.5 hour Craig David set and about 35-40 minutes of TS5 (his DJ stuff) it was an incredible end to the weekend.
Five Great Things To Happen
- After seeing it advertised at Chris Ramsey I managed to book tickets to see Bill Bailey do some small shows in London for May. I know it’s only going to be a small show as it will be him working on material for his next proper tour but I absolutely love the guy.
- I ordered a Lumie clock and I am so excited to give it a try. I find it pretty hard to get up in the morning’s and I am always snoozing, but I want to get into a good habit of being up earlier so I can work out and have a more relaxing morning.
- I had time this weekend to dye my hair as it was getting pretty patchy with various shades of brown and I am so happy to be a red-head again.
- I finally manage to finish the book which I have been reading for what feels like forever. I’ve gotten quite bad with reading lately and it’s something I definitely need to get back in the habit of.
- On Saturday we finished Iron Fist and overall I thought it was a really good season with plenty of fleshy back story and a lot of future potential to play with.
Five Things Which Sucked
- A dress which I bought last week just didn’t look right when I tried it on, it’s such a shame as it was a stunning dress but it obviously wasn’t meant to be.
- I thought the new cheese restaurant in Camden opened at 10 am so we were going to have lunch there Friday but it didn’t open until Midday which means I’ll need to make another trip.
- Next weekend I have a hen party for one of my best friends’ and sadly it’s been a bit last minute with organizing which led to a stressful weekend of having to make (expensive) last minute decisions. I wish the bridesmaids had made some decisions earlier so it ran smoother but I’m hoping next weekend goes well.
- I started to feel a little stressed and out of my depth at the end of last weekend/ over the weekend, with my big holiday to Hawaii looming next week I feel I have so much to do. On top of that, there’s work, blogging, trying to keep up my social life, seeing my other half and family, and then the hen party. I am pretty good with to-do lists and know without them I’d have crumbled but I want to feel a bit more in control this week.
- Last week saw a number of my friends’ lose their jobs through redundancy and things and I hate seeing it because they’re amazing talented people, and I wish there was more I could do to help.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Start properly packing for Hawaii as it will be less than 2 weeks’ away and I need to work out if there’s anything else I need to buy.
- Get booked in to see Beauty and the Beast next week. I need to make sure I see it before I go away.
- Print off my travel insurance documents ready for going away. My annual policy renews this week which is why I haven’t been able to do it before now.
- Check the Moz scores on Friday which is when the next update should be. Let’s hope it’s less stress than last time.
- Check into my flights for Belfast next month as it will be a month before we fly.
What have you been up to this week?