Is The New Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette Worth The Splurge?

Is The New Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette Worth The Splurge?

Ever since getting my very first Hourglass blush last summer when I headed to New York I have been obsessed – yes I know I was late to the party! I bought Mood Exposure which is a mid-tone plum based blush and it really is stunning with incredible pigmentation and longevity and without a heavy cakey feeling.

At the end of last year they released the blogger’s dream palette of blushes and highlighters cased in a marble wonder, and while it did look stunning, when I swatched it in Space NK a lot of the shades were similar to ones I already had and I didn’t feel it was worth me investing in. When I was browsing the Sephora website ahead of Christmas though I noticed a brand new Ambient Lighting Blush Palette which obviously wasn’t available to ship to the UK *shakes fist* and wasn’t available to purchase in the UK until February 14th.

After seeing the shades and falling heads over heels I knew I needed this palette and after about a dozen attempts at ordering from Sephora to a mail forwarding address one finally slipped through *wahey* and in January the palette landed in my hands. The Ambient Strobe Blush Palette looks pretty similar to the Ambient Lighting Blush Palette which was released about two years ago but the new version is just one step up as the base powder has been mixed with a highlighting powder meaning they’re more shimmery. That being said they aren’t too much for everyday wear, think Nars Orgasm or Unlawful.

You only need a light hand with these blushes’ as they’re very pigmented, but even on a paley like me they look healthy and glowing as opposed to clown like. Shade wise you get Incandescent Electra which is a light coral/ pink blush and is stunning for the lighter Spring months even whenever they appear. This has also appeared in the Hourglass Blush palette a few years’ ago so be careful if you own a few of their palettes. Next up is Brilliant Nude which is a warmer brown/ peach and on me looks a bit more like a bronzer than a blush but it gave me such a pretty glow I don’t even mind. Finally, there’s Euphoric Fusion which is a deep mauve/ dusty pink and similar to mood exposure so I knew I’d love it. I’m really excited to try this one in the summer when I have a touch of colour.

Now £59 for a blusher palette is expensive but I honestly think you get what you pay for with makeup. These blushes last around 7-8 hours without fading and it contains 2.8g of product which is slightly smaller than individual blushes but bigger than those in the Ambient Lighting Edit palette. If you’re new to Hourglass and looking for somewhere to start, or you’re just obsessed with their blushes’ this is a must own palette.

What do you think of the latest palette?

1. Jennifer Eastwell
    March 3, 2017 / 9:54 am

I don’t wear blusher myself but this pallate looks lovely. I’m not to sure if I would spend £59 on it though

2. Hannah Latoya Bond
    March 3, 2017 / 9:57 am

I love Hourglass. i have one of their blushers, i love this palette x

3. March 3, 2017 / 10:10 am

I’ve never used blush before, but I love the colors of this palette!

4. Donna
    March 3, 2017 / 3:21 pm

I have never seen this brand before! It’s a really lovely looking palette. I don’t mind splashing out if it’s worth the value, I love the idea of it lasting too!

5. Helen Best-Shaw
    March 3, 2017 / 4:04 pm

I own one blusher which makes such a dramatic difference to my appearance I think that I need to explore more and use different ones.

With top mid range makeup like this you certainly get what you pay for, with better and more intense pigments.

6. Jodie Whitham
    March 3, 2017 / 8:56 pm

These look stunning. I think colour makes a huge difference. I tend to only use the rockateur x

7. Ickle Pickle
    March 3, 2017 / 8:57 pm

I haven’t heard of this brand before – it does look absolutely gorgeous. Kaz

8. Erin Ek Rush
    March 3, 2017 / 9:21 pm

The palatte is gorgeous but I don’t think I could spend that much!

9. March 3, 2017 / 10:00 pm

This is such a beautiful palette, the price does put me off but it’s on my wishlist! xo

10. March 4, 2017 / 1:32 pm

I like the look of this palette but yes it is quite expensive.

11. With Love, Lottie
    March 4, 2017 / 7:08 pm

This palette looks insane! I absolutely love those colours. It’s a little out of my price range, but maybe one day I’ll be able to splurge!

12. March 5, 2017 / 5:13 pm

I got the last palette and loved it. And I’ll probably end up getting this one too – it’s beautiful! x

13. francesca
    March 5, 2017 / 6:12 pm

I’m the same I think you get what you pay for with makeup however I have found some pretty ace cheap finds too that have trumped bigger brands! This looks like a really cute trio I’m not much of a blush wearer but I would try these!

14. Dena Jayne
    March 5, 2017 / 8:12 pm

I recently purchased my first ever Hourglass product and I love it. I might add this to my collection! xo

15. March 5, 2017 / 8:20 pm

I love these kind of reviews, especially when your not sure if the product is worth the larger price. I’m definitely interested in this product more after reading your review 🙂

Emmie

16. Hayley
    March 5, 2017 / 9:11 pm

I really want to try something from Hourglass and I’ve had my eye on these blushes. Hopefully I can justify a splurge soon!

17. March 6, 2017 / 8:30 am

This palette sounds and looks really nice. I need to get my hands on it!!

18. fashion-mommy
    March 6, 2017 / 10:29 am

It is beautiful but with a great big pricetag, one to add to a present wishlist maybe?

19. Emma Oxley
    March 6, 2017 / 12:17 pm

Such great colours and presented so beautifully too. I love the hint of gold shimmer in each one!

20. Hungry_Healthy_Happy
    March 6, 2017 / 12:41 pm

I don’t often spend a lot of money on makeup, but if it’s good quality and going to last a while, then I think it’s worth the splurge.

21. March 6, 2017 / 5:35 pm

I love the shades of the colors. I believe they would work on many skin tones. I want to try the gold shade/glow!

22. March 6, 2017 / 7:03 pm

This palette is so beautiful! I totally agree about getting what you pay for. If the color lasts and you don’t have to use much, it’s worth it!

23. Kira L Curtis
    March 7, 2017 / 4:13 pm

Yeah that is a bit expensive although from the way you’ve put it, it sounds amazing. I love it when they are very pigmented, makes them last longer which is definitely better for the money 🙂

24. Emma White
    March 11, 2017 / 6:11 pm

I agree if its worth it then I would buy it sometimes you really do get what you pay for and this sounds worth a try for sure