Two Foundations Under £15 You Need To Try

Foundation

I’m pretty skeptical when it comes to lower end foundations and usually, I tend to opt for the kind of brands which you find in Selfridges or Debenhams as opposed to drug stores like Estee Lauder, Georgio Armani or Tarte but sometimes you need to give those lower end brands a try. I have tried my fair share of foundations and usually, there’s an issue; the colour selection is rubbish, they don’t last very well, they’re drying…. the list goes on, but I have found two both of which are under £10 which buck that trend.

Milani 2-in-1 Conceal & Perfect Foundation

The Milani 2-in-1 Conceal & Perfect Foundation is designed to be both a foundation and concealer which to be honest I can’t see how this is any different from any other foundation out there. But thankfully what it does do it does well. There are plenty of similarities between this and the Estee Lauder Double Wear as despite it’s lower price tag it has a really good even coverage which isn’t too heavy and it’s really easy to build. One layer will get you a light- medium coverage but a little bit extra and it can be built right up. It is quite dense though so it blends better on the skin with a sponge than a brush.

The foundation sits really well on my skin and it feels like it can breathe rather than being stifled like some other drugstore brands do. One thing I usually notice about cheaper foundations is their longevity just doesn’t normally match up but this really impressed me. I put my makeup on around 830am and by getting home at 6pm there’s no more fading than with any other foundation and with the right primer and setting spray this can really last.

The foundation comes in an excellent shade range, something a lot of drugstore brands fall down on. Sadly I ordered via the internet so mine is a little too warm for my skin but nothing that a little white foundation mixed in can’t fix. The bottle itself is sturdy and glass with a pump dispensing function which has the perfect amount of product in one pump for an even layer.

Collection Illuminating Touch Foundation

Now this foundation is barely £6 so a real bargain but one that I rarely hear anyone talking about. It might not be THE BEST foundation out there but for its price it does a pretty blooming good job. I actually won one of these in a competition so again had to guess my shade online but thankfully I got it spot on *hooray*.

This is a reasonably full coverage foundation and while it’s a little heavier than the foundations I use on a daily basis it didn’t feel cakey or too heavy on my face which was good. This is something I usually find with cheap foundations that you can feel it on your face, but thankfully with this one you couldn’t. I didn’t need much of the product to create full coverage so I can understand how some people who are heavy handed with their foundations might find it too heavy.

The colour selection may seem pretty small but I think it covers a reasonable amount and I’m always seeing different shades on different sites, it must be a stock issue. I did notice a slight fading to the foundation but this was an all over face issue rather than on a specific area which meant it wasn’t that obvious. The last thing you want is for it to fade in one area and to end up looking patchy. This didn’t happen straight away and took quite a few hours – well into the mid-afternoon – to start any noticeable fading.

For the price you can’t go wrong with this foundation if you don’t wear it that often or are looking to try it out.

Do you only use expensive foundation or do you have some cheaper favourites?
March 28, 2017

• Reply Ana De Jesus

I use Max Factor True Match which is £12.99 and is the closest match to my skin colour I can find. I like the sound of the Milani foundation though x

March 28, 2017 at 6:36 pm
  • Reply danasia

I’ve been using L.A. Girls foundation, but I think I need to switch it up now that the weather is getting warmer- it’s starting to get greasy. I’ve heard great things about Milani products, but I’ve never used them before. I’ll have to check them out!

March 28, 2017 at 9:26 pm
  • Reply Shannon Bryson

I just started using the L’Oreal Infallable foundation, it’s so moussy and light but with amazing coverage. I was feeling pessimistic as I struggle for ages to find a good one. I really should start reading reviews of make up but now I am curious to try the Milani foundation.

March 28, 2017 at 9:52 pm
  • Reply Nayna Kanabar

I use the boots no 7 foundation and always have done, this sounds like something I would buy to try out.

March 28, 2017 at 11:04 pm
  • Reply Joanna

I’ve not tried these low end brands I usually stick with loreal or rimmel foundations.

March 29, 2017 at 6:36 am
  • Reply Donna

So interesting! I always think I need to pay for great coverage especially at my age!

March 29, 2017 at 1:42 pm
  • Reply Olivia Jade

I love the sound of the Milani one, I saw some of their products in the States. I’ve got their blush and it’s lush 😀 x

March 29, 2017 at 6:57 pm
  • Reply Stephanie Merry

I love the Milani foundation, it’s one of my favourites! x

March 30, 2017 at 8:40 am
  • Reply mydreamality

When I lived in the US Milani was not something many people admitted to using, but it seems that they have truly upped their game. That or people just realised there was a great product there at a good price. x

March 30, 2017 at 10:24 am
  • Reply Clairejustineo

Whoo these look nice. I am in need of some new foundations 🙂 they are a good price.

March 30, 2017 at 12:49 pm
  • Reply Tania Potter

I must admit I tend to use more expensive foundation because my skin is so sensitive. At the end of the day, colour is more important than price for me.

March 31, 2017 at 8:48 am
  • Reply London Mumma

I am in dire need of a new foundation for Spring, What i like about the illuminating touch foundation which seem like it would be my favourite also is not the price point but the illuminating factor, which will probably give a dewy finish.

March 31, 2017 at 9:45 am
  • Reply Emily

I prefer to use only a touch of foundation so the Collection Illuminating Touch Foundation sounds good. I agree all foundations fade a bit and fixing spray helps a lot.

March 31, 2017 at 10:07 am
  • Reply Tanya Brannan

I like to use a cheaper foundation for those days where you arent going out anywhere special but don’t want to go out barefaced. I’ve heard a lot of good things about the Milani so will be trying that next

March 31, 2017 at 8:33 pm
  • Reply Shirley Warren

Illuminating Touch Foundation it sounds so good. I am thinking to buy new foundations and i think this is the best choice and affordable too.

April 1, 2017 at 5:08 am
  • Reply Angela Ricardo Bethea

What a good post, I heard many good reviews about Milani Foundation and I want to have this foundation.

April 1, 2017 at 10:23 am
  • Reply Hungry_Healthy_Happy

I haven’t bought any foundation in ages and I am always surprised at how expensive it is. Great to see some decent good value options.

April 1, 2017 at 12:09 pm
  • Reply Ayesha Farhad

I really need to try the milani foundation! Have heard raving reviews about it! the collection one didn’t have many shade options for me and it turned a bit orange on my skin!

April 1, 2017 at 12:33 pm
  • Reply Alison Rost

I’ve been using Bare Minerals foundation for a few years now. I have really sensitive skin and it doesn’t make me break out. I really like the sound of the Milani foundation though!

April 2, 2017 at 3:42 am
  • Reply Mai C.

I don’t really use foundation but it’s good to know which works. I think these are great, they’re affordable and effective!

April 2, 2017 at 5:20 am
  • Reply Katie Kinsley

I really don’t use foundation on the every day method. I have tried Bare Minerals before, but it ends up being too ‘cakey’. These would be a good alternative.

April 2, 2017 at 5:31 pm
  • Reply Crystal Gareau

I don’t really know how to use foundation, but this is a great review of this product. and the price sounds good to me too.

April 3, 2017 at 12:51 pm
  • Reply Memory

I love the Milani brand. I have used their eye shadows and lipstick but never the foundation. Will have to try this too.

April 3, 2017 at 3:24 pm
  • Reply Musings of a tired mummy...zzz

I generally go for which colour I think suits best. Not heard of Milani so will look out for it.

April 3, 2017 at 7:46 pm