What I’d Do If I Won The Lottery

London View

We’ve all had those dreams where we look down and realize that we have the winning lottery numbers staring at us and everything that our heart desires could be possible. I know I’ve had that dream countless times, sometimes it’s nice to imagine what life could be like and how you’d treat not just yourself but the people who are closest to you. A lot of people say money doesn’t buy you happiness, but I’d disagree in a sense and say that money can contribute to happiness, especially if used in the right way.

The first thing I’d do if I won the lottery would be to buy myself a house. I live in a two bedroom flat at the moment and while I love it I’d love to have a house where I could have my own study, a library room, a swimming pool and of course it means I could have cats. I would happily buy a house which needed work doing to make it into the perfect space for myself.

Next up I’d pay off the mortgage on my parent’s house and ensure that they had enough money to live on. I am super close to my parents and don’t know where I’d be without them and I’d want to make sure they were well looked after, providing the win was enough I’d love to give them enough that they could both retire super early (they’re 52 and 54) so that they could enjoy life. Straight after doing this I would buy a house for my brother and his girlfriend so that they had a foundation for their futures. It’s so hard to buy a property now that I’d love to help them out if I could.

Of course after all the mortgage/ house talk it would be time to head out on a luxury holiday to somewhere with clear blue sea’s and plenty to do. I’m thinking somewhere like the Maldives, Bahamas, St Lucia or somewhere like this. I’d take my family and close friends and make sure that everyone had the chance to relax and enjoy themselves. I’d also take this opportunity to fly first class as it’s something I’ve always wanted to do.

After I’d done the houses and holidays I’d buy a new car because who wouldn’t?! I’d also get new cars for my dad and brother if the money would allow this. And I’d also grab either an old school VW camper van to do up or some sort of caravan to use as my festival mobile home for when I go to festivals. While hotels would always be the ultimate luxury I think I’d rather be onsite on a festival but in nicer surroundings.

What would you do if you won the lottery?
March 14, 2017

• Reply Melanie Williams

I wish!! 🙂 Selfless to pay your parents mortgage off and yes Maldives, Bahamas, St Lucia sound fab 🙂 x

March 15, 2017 at 10:13 am
  • Reply Susan Allerton

What I wouldn’t give to win the lottery! Huge equine yard for me 😀

March 15, 2017 at 10:18 am
  • Reply Donna

I love imagining what I would do if i won the lottery ha! it’s great fun. I would be on a plane within minutes!

March 15, 2017 at 10:49 am
  • Reply StressedMum

We have often had these chats, I would love to live in a converted barn and would buy one to restore and have just as I would want, and then there would be the shopping for new furniture. We would also have holidays and new cars. Would also treat family and close friends. But before all this I would get the best treatment for my Daughter in the hope they could help ease her condition x

March 15, 2017 at 11:47 am
  • Reply shoshana sue

I am right there with you on buying a house with the office and study and the holiday haha. We can daydream 🙂

March 15, 2017 at 12:10 pm
  • Reply Stephanie Merry

A house would be the first thing I’d by as well. And then treat everyone my friends and family to a huge luxury holiday! x

March 15, 2017 at 3:14 pm
  • Reply Ana De Jesus

I would buy a house too but I would also give some money to charities that support abuse victims and animal charities. I would buy a cat and quit my full time job to do blogging full time x

March 15, 2017 at 8:22 pm
  • Reply lisa prince

oh we can all dream of winning the lottery but would we still want some thing more , i would be happy to win enough to just be happy and content not alot just enough

March 15, 2017 at 9:42 pm
  • Reply Joanna

I’d definitely buy a house and a luxury holiday sounds bliss and something I’d so do too

March 15, 2017 at 9:54 pm
  • Reply Hayley

I’d probably buy a house after paying off all of my debts!

March 16, 2017 at 10:20 am
  • Reply UB Rey

Oh man…. I always love thinking about this. There’s so much I’d do if I win. First pay off debt ofcourse haha!

March 16, 2017 at 2:26 pm
  • Reply mydreamality

I love daydreaming about what I would do if I won the lottery. I think it all depends on how much I won. If it wasn’t an exorbitant amount I’d set a bit aside, like an allowance and invest the majority of it, when the money grows then I’d take care of my loved ones. If it was a massive amount from the get go then I’d set up myself and my family.

March 16, 2017 at 2:30 pm
  • Reply Meenal Ranka

Loved the post. Even i have a similar dream.

March 16, 2017 at 2:34 pm
  • Reply Melanie Edjourian

I don’t blame you going for a house first it’s a struggle to get onto the property market nowadays. Not sure what I would do if I won. Maybe get someone to watch the kids so I could get some sleep lol

March 16, 2017 at 8:00 pm
  • Reply The London Mum

I think I’d buy pretty much the same!! Oh to win!

March 17, 2017 at 3:33 pm
  • Reply Angela Milnes

I would buy my own house too and a rest house when I want to have an vacation,

March 17, 2017 at 8:01 pm
  • Reply Rachel Nicole

I’d pretty much do the same as you, I’d pay off my paren’t mortgage and buy a house and probably spend a lot of time travelling the world xo

March 17, 2017 at 9:30 pm
  • Reply Kira L Curtis

I’ve had so many conversations with my mum and dad about this! We all agreed that we’d go on holiday straight away! Then when we’re back sit down and think about getting a nice big and new house 🙂

March 18, 2017 at 2:10 pm
  • Reply Mr Luke Christian

This is a lovely post! If I won the lottery, I would definitely fly my friends and family out to Ibiza and just have a massive week long party!

March 20, 2017 at 7:08 pm
  • Reply Leslie Hernandez

Wow this was awesome, you know how many times I think about that. I would honestly be smart about it because people tend to go on a spending spree and the go back to where they started. I would save up some make sure my mom and dad are set for the rest of their lives. I would open up a business and travel a bit.

March 20, 2017 at 7:24 pm
  • Reply Angela Ricardo Bethea

I think at some point if our life, we imagined about winning in a lottery and what will we do if that happens. I will definitely treat my Mom on whatever she likes!

March 22, 2017 at 1:27 am
  • Reply Lubka Henry

I love the idea of a huge house with a library, study room, swimming pool and plenty of space for cats.
    Just last week I said to my hubby – if we had a bigger house, I’d adopt this kitty too. Sadly, we live in one-bedroom studio and there is space just for us and one cat. With a baby on the way it will get a bit tight.

March 22, 2017 at 2:22 pm