I have no idea where time is going, how are we in April already?! My past week has been crazy busy as my weekend consisted of one of my best friends’ hen parties, so when I should have been relaxing and packing for my holiday I was dancing and staying up till silly hours. This will be last five things post for about two weeks as from Friday 7th April I will be in Hawaii and won’t be returning for about 11/12 days’ so enjoy the next few weeks.
Five Things I Did This Week
- On Monday evening I had a nice relaxing evening in with the other half where we did some homemade cooking – for once I can’t take credit as he did it all – and then we watched SWAT. It was nice to be chilled and relaxed.
- On Wednesday evening I went around my nan’s for dinner after going to aqua and it was nice to catch up and have a dinner which I didn’t have to make (always makes a difference).
- On Friday it was the beginning of one of my best friends’ hen parties so we headed to a restaurant/ bar in Chelsea and it was such a fun evening. I got to catch up with friends, have some amazing food, drink a few too many cocktails and dance the night away. We ended up back at our hotel in bed by 3am so not too bad.
- Saturday was a continuation of the hen party which involved a spa morning and afternoon including an amazing full body scrub and then we had a burlesque dance class which was so much fun. I genuinely am so interested in doing burlesque now after the class.
- After a quick change in Zoo Bar where our burlesque class happened, we had a lovely dinner and a final night out in Foundation Bar to round off the hen party.
Five Great Things To Happen
- On Tuesday evening I managed to pretty much pack my whole Hawaii bag which has left me feeling far less stressed and so much more in control of my trip.
- My other half said he would be able to take me to the airport next Friday when I head on holiday. It’s so much nicer knowing I’ll have a lift to the airport and I don’t have to stress about taxis.
- We bought tickets to see Twin Atlantic in May and as a spur of the moment thing on Friday my other half bought us tickets to see John Legend. I am so excited to be seeing someone I’ve never seen before and I know that it’s going to be a beautiful show.
- I had my pass confirmed for the Counterfeit show in London next month, and after finally getting around to listening to the new album I am super excited. If you don’t know the band they’re fronted by Jamie Campbell Bower who was in Twilight and Sweeney Todd and is also a model.
- The brand new bedding I wanted to order through Habitat was on 20% off sale so I ordered it straight away. For the first time ever I’ve been a proper adult and bought 300 thread count bedding and I can’t wait to sleep in it.
Five Things Which Sucked
- I used one of my Lush bath bombs and the purple colouring in it left loads of marks in my bath and it took me about 15 minutes just to wipe it all off. I’ve never had this issue with a Lush product before.
- Royal Mail lost a delivery of mine and they promised that they’d call me the next day with info but they haven’t. I don’t know how you can just lose a piece of mail after trying to deliver it.
- I bought my dollars for Hawaii and the exchange rate was absolutely shocking. It just gets worse and worse which sucks as it makes going to the States so much more expensive.
- I desperately need another pair of knee length denim shorts and Primark don’t have the ones I want in my size and I’m struggling to find one’s which aren’t super short anywhere else.
- I had my nails done on Friday and while overall I’m pretty happy with them one of my nails seems to have faded already.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Unpack and clear out everything from the hen party last weekend straight away so I can tidy up my flat.
- Finalize anything I might need to before heading to Hawaii on Friday.
- Check into my flights the day before I head away.
- Plan a few catch up’s with friends and family for when I am back from my holiday.
- Order my new Fossil handbag that I’ve wanted for ages so it’s there when I get back from my trip.