Five Things – Week 62

I have no idea where time is going, how are we in April already?! My past week has been crazy busy as my weekend consisted of one of my best friends’ hen parties, so when I should have been relaxing and packing for my holiday I was dancing and staying up till silly hours. This will be last five things post for about two weeks as from Friday 7th April I will be in Hawaii and won’t be returning for about 11/12 days’ so enjoy the next few weeks.

Five Things I Did This Week

• On Monday evening I had a nice relaxing evening in with the other half where we did some homemade cooking – for once I can’t take credit as he did it all – and then we watched SWAT. It was nice to be chilled and relaxed.
  • On Wednesday evening I went around my nan’s for dinner after going to aqua and it was nice to catch up and have a dinner which I didn’t have to make (always makes a difference).
  • On Friday it was the beginning of one of my best friends’ hen parties so we headed to a restaurant/ bar in Chelsea and it was such a fun evening. I got to catch up with friends, have some amazing food, drink a few too many cocktails and dance the night away. We ended up back at our hotel in bed by 3am so not too bad.
  • Saturday was a continuation of the hen party which involved a spa morning and afternoon including an amazing full body scrub and then we had a burlesque dance class which was so much fun. I genuinely am so interested in doing burlesque now after the class.
  • After a quick change in Zoo Bar where our burlesque class happened, we had a lovely dinner and a final night out in Foundation Bar to round off the hen party.

Five Great Things To Happen

• On Tuesday evening I managed to pretty much pack my whole Hawaii bag which has left me feeling far less stressed and so much more in control of my trip.
  • My other half said he would be able to take me to the airport next Friday when I head on holiday. It’s so much nicer knowing I’ll have a lift to the airport and I don’t have to stress about taxis.
  • We bought tickets to see Twin Atlantic in May and as a spur of the moment thing on Friday my other half bought us tickets to see John Legend. I am so excited to be seeing someone I’ve never seen before and I know that it’s going to be a beautiful show.
  • I had my pass confirmed for the Counterfeit show in London next month, and after finally getting around to listening to the new album I am super excited. If you don’t know the band they’re fronted by Jamie Campbell Bower who was in Twilight and Sweeney Todd and is also a model.
  • The brand new bedding I wanted to order through Habitat was on 20% off sale so I ordered it straight away. For the first time ever I’ve been a proper adult and bought 300 thread count bedding and I can’t wait to sleep in it.

Five Things Which Sucked

• I used one of my Lush bath bombs and the purple colouring in it left loads of marks in my bath and it took me about 15 minutes just to wipe it all off. I’ve never had this issue with a Lush product before.
  • Royal Mail lost a delivery of mine and they promised that they’d call me the next day with info but they haven’t. I don’t know how you can just lose a piece of mail after trying to deliver it.
  • I bought my dollars for Hawaii and the exchange rate was absolutely shocking. It just gets worse and worse which sucks as it makes going to the States so much more expensive.
  • I desperately need another pair of knee length denim shorts and Primark don’t have the ones I want in my size and I’m struggling to find one’s which aren’t super short anywhere else.
  • I had my nails done on Friday and while overall I’m pretty happy with them one of my nails seems to have faded already.

Five Things To Do Next Week

• Unpack and clear out everything from the hen party last weekend straight away so I can tidy up my flat.
  • Finalize anything I might need to before heading to Hawaii on Friday.
  • Check into my flights the day before I head away.
  • Plan a few catch up’s with friends and family for when I am back from my holiday.
  • Order my new Fossil handbag that I’ve wanted for ages so it’s there when I get back from my trip.
What have you been up to this week?
April 3, 2017

• Reply Karen Yannacio Morse

Sounds like a pretty good balance between the good and bad. That burlesque dancing must have been amazing – and such a workout, right?

April 3, 2017 at 2:04 pm
  • Reply Robin Rue

I don’t like super short shorts either. I always try to get knee length ones, too. Have you looked at Old Navy? I have good luck there usually.

April 3, 2017 at 2:22 pm
  • Reply Janel Berchielli

Sounds like a very busy week. I’ve never been to Hawaii, I hope you have a very relaxing and fun time!

April 3, 2017 at 4:09 pm
  • Reply Joanna @ Everyday Made Fresh

Sounds like you were busy! I love knee length shorts too, they are so hard to find! I wished more stores would carry them.

April 3, 2017 at 5:15 pm
  • Reply Belle Bermudez-Tubel

This is such a fun post! Sounds like you had a very yet fun week. I hate unpacking; I find it exhausting. Lol

Belle | One Awesome Momma

April 3, 2017 at 7:55 pm
  • Reply Aish Padihari

Wow! You had a really fun and busy week. Thanks for the post. Enjoyed reading it.

April 3, 2017 at 10:24 pm
  • Reply Vicky Perreault

I like the quick recaps. So weird about the Lush bath bomb leaving color on your hands. That has never happened to me before either.

April 3, 2017 at 10:28 pm
  • Reply Ana De Jesus

Ah so great that you had fun at the hen party and I love the sound of the burlesque class. That would be something I would be interested in trying x

April 3, 2017 at 10:58 pm
  • Reply kirst187

Lucky! I have always wanted to go to Hawaii! I hope you have a lovely time! I am with you – its always a happy thing when others prepare dinner for you!

April 4, 2017 at 12:11 am
  • Reply Laura Romberger

Sounds like a fun week!!! I have never been to a hen party but sounds like so much fun!

April 4, 2017 at 12:43 am
  • Reply Kimberly Stroh

Sounds like you had a fun time and you made some great memories! Love it!

April 4, 2017 at 12:49 am
  • Reply Anna Nuttall

Sound like a great week. Royal mail do sucks – since the age of the internet they keep going down and down. Last time i went to a hen party, don’t ask me why – but I had to bring my mother along. The girl thought it would be a great idea to invite my mother along. Can you imagine. It was a nightmare!!!

April 4, 2017 at 7:14 am
  • Reply Amanda Love

It sounds like you had a jam-packed week! It’s really awesome that you had a great time with your hubby and your friends. I’m sure you’re excited for Hawaii. The exchange rate is always shocking!

April 4, 2017 at 11:34 am
  • Reply Jessi Joachim

sounds like you had a very good week! There were things that sicked, but all in all it seems like it was filled with good experiences! I will say yes the exchange rate is terrible for people coming over to visit the States, I promise it sucks for us living here as well.

April 4, 2017 at 1:38 pm
  • Reply Donah @ SweetJellyBean

This definitely sounds like an exciting week you had right there.
    I totally felt your pain with the Lush bath bomb leaving masks in your tub. That’s really annoying. Very curious about what Fossil handbag you end up getting.

April 4, 2017 at 2:54 pm
  • Reply Rachel

Burlesque class sounds like a blast! I need to see if I can find something like that by me.Sounds like you had a great week!

April 4, 2017 at 7:49 pm
  • Reply Kit Stanwood

Great list of good things that happened and good things to come! I think it always puts me in a better mood when I focus on the positive. You of course have to acknowledge when bad things happen but the good times make it that much easier to get over it. Great post! Glad you had a fun night with your friends.

April 4, 2017 at 8:13 pm
  • Reply Blythe A.

Sounds like you had a busy week full of lots of fun. My favorite kind of week. I’ve also had issues with Lush bath bombs staining the tub. It’s so frustrating. I don’t want to have to clean my tub after I’ve taken a relaxing bath.

April 4, 2017 at 8:44 pm
  • Reply Amy Desrosiers

That is one heck of a drink lol!! I love trying new mixed drinks too. I hope you all had fun!!

April 4, 2017 at 9:20 pm
  • Reply Anvita - TheBellyRulesTheMind

It’s been one hectic week. A sick son and husband traveling, I wish I could get some super powers for the week to finish off everything that i had to last week.

April 4, 2017 at 9:48 pm
  • Reply shoshana sue

Haha that drink thought. What is the name lol.
    Aww I’m sorry to hear about the lost mail, the rate and all, but sounds like your other half is amazing- the John Legend tickets and the airport ride!
    All the best with the to do list and look forward to seeing the Fossil handbag Rhian!

April 5, 2017 at 9:36 am
  • Reply TheMummyToolbox

wow that sounds like a busy week! I love a good spa day with the girls and I have always been intrigued by burlesque dancing too!

April 5, 2017 at 9:42 am
  • Reply Stephanie

Wow! I’m super jealous of the John Legend tickets, that will be incredible! xx

April 5, 2017 at 3:30 pm
  • Reply Jenny

You sound super busy. Hawaii sounds like it’s going to be amazing!

April 5, 2017 at 6:20 pm
  • Reply Ickle Pickle

Such a busy time, but how exciting to be going to Hawaii. I hope you have a great time. Kaz

April 5, 2017 at 8:23 pm
  • Reply Krystel Seijo

Great things you got done there. Getting things packed is such a load off of your shoulders. Unpacking is another story….

April 5, 2017 at 11:05 pm
  • Reply Sona Sethi

Wow such a busy week but a great combination of time for self, family and friends. Love it.

April 6, 2017 at 4:38 am
  • Reply Zoë IKIWN

Sorry to hear that the exchange rate is so terrible at the moment, we’re going away in May and I’m a little bit worried about that myself! But, I’m sure you’ll have an amazing time anyway and I can’t wait to see your holiday pics / hear about your trip! x

April 6, 2017 at 6:24 pm
  • Reply Mommy Engineering

Wow that’s exciting about hawaii though! That sounds like it would’ve been so much fun!

April 7, 2017 at 1:48 am
  • Reply Maria - Tough Cookie Mommy

That’s terrible that those bath bombs stained your tub this way. Thanks for letting me know that this could happen with some bath bombs.

April 7, 2017 at 3:22 am
  • Reply Tabitha Shakespeare

It looks like you had a full week for sure! Hope the next week is even better!

April 7, 2017 at 7:16 am
  • Reply Dena-Jayne McGuinness

There is nothing worse than when a parcel gets lost! xo

April 7, 2017 at 7:57 am
  • Reply Sarahjane

Hahaha so glad you said you were at a hen party, was taken aback by the penis straw!

April 7, 2017 at 8:43 am
  • Reply Amber Nelson

Lost mail sucks, especially packages! Yikes! Have fun on vacation though!

April 7, 2017 at 4:57 pm
  • Reply Beautyqueenuk

I cannot believe your trip to Hawaii has come round so quickly and I am so jealous, it is somewhere I would love to visist!

April 19, 2017 at 10:01 am