It’s been three weeks’ since my last five things post and it’s crazy how much has happened in that time. Of course, you’ve probably all been bombarded with photos from my trip to Hawaii so I’m not going to talk too much about the trip here. You can see my photo gallery and trip notes on these links if you want to see/ read more. This is a bit of a breakdown of the stuff which happened in the few days before I went away, and the few days since I’ve been back.
Five Things I Did This Week
- Before I went away I finally got around to seeing Beauty and the Beast at the cinema and it was sensational and everything I thought it would be. The whole thing was just beautiful, although there was more music than I thought there would be but it never felt cheesy.
- On Thursday I went to see both my parents and my nan and auntie as I hadn’t seen them since getting back from my holidays. It was lovely to catch up with them all and I was able to give them all their presents I brought back from Hawaii.
- On Friday me and my other half headed into Camden ready to see The Lounge Kittens play at Dingwalls. The trio of ladies are highly underrated but they perform covers in their own style including medleys and amazing harmonies. It was such a great show and we loved every minute of it.
- On Saturday I took my friend to London for a little birthday treat which included a trip to the Sky Garden and American inspired afternoon tea at Brgr. We love afternoon tea but I wanted something a little different and this one was really good.
- After a quick dinner, me and my other half went to another show on Saturday evening in Kentish Town to see one of my favourite bands Bury Tomorrow. They were incredible and despite it not being my boyfriends’ favourite type of music I really appreciated him coming with me.
Five Great Things To Happen
- Because my other half is the absolute sweetest he bought me a scratch map of the world. I’ve seen these around and I’ve got an alternative already where you stick stickers on but it’s a tight squeeze and I don’t like the way it looks so I was amazed when he presented this for me as a little present. I’m in the process of scratching off the countries I’ve been to and the best thing is America is separated by States so I can do it bit by bit.
- I have booked tickets to see Guardians of the Galaxy on its opening day just before heading away for bank holiday weekend. I am so excited for this movie and I hope it lives up to the expectations I have from the trailers.
- As soon as I got back from Hawaii I started planning my next larger trip which is set to be a week in Italy in November. Between me and my other half we worked out which hotels we’re going to stay for (for once I’m going fancy), and even chose flights. Now it’s just a case of getting things booked up.
- On Sunday I made my first trip to Dunelm and finally got round to buying new towels for my bathroom as mine are a little old.
- Due to the nice weather I’ve managed to spend a good amount of time sitting on my balcony doing work and just enjoying the sunshine. It makes such a difference when you don’t have to sit indoors.
Five Things Which Sucked
- Due to a little jet lag and it being my first day back at work I had to bail out of a Trek America event I had been invited to on Wednesday evening. I am absolutely gutted as having just got back from my first trek I’d have loved to have gone but I knew it just wasn’t the best thing for me.
- I realised that the TV in my bedroom doesn’t have Amazon Prime video on it which is such a shame as I’ve been watching Parks and Recreations (finally) and I wanted to watch some in bed.
- All week I kept telling myself I needed to set up my Lumie clock but it got to Monday morning and it still wasn’t set up. I need to get into the habit of using it because I want to start maximizing what I do in the mornings.
- Due to the masses of washing I’ve had to do and having a busy weekend my flat needs a bit of a tidy up/ clear up. This seems to be such a regular thing that I say, but it just seems that every time I tidy two days later it gets messy again.
- I thought I’d bought a whole bunch of cards for various family birthdays/ anniversaries etc and I could have sworn I bought my parents’ an anniversary card but for the life of me I can’t find it.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Pack for my upcoming trip to Belfast which happens next weekend over bank holiday weekend.
- I am only back from Belfast for two days before I head to Crete so I need to start putting aside some items for my Crete trip so I’m not stressing when I get home.
- Get my hair cut. The sunshine from Hawaii made my hair grow quite a bit so I need to get a snip before it gets to the point where I can’t see.
- Have a bit of a clear out in my flat. I had a good clean/ clear out over the Christmas break but I feel it’s that time of the year again.
- Have one evening where I do nothing. I have been on the go so much and it doesn’t seem to be stopping soon so I need a relaxing me evening this week.