American Style Afternoon Tea At Brgr Soho

American Style Afternoon Tea At Brgr Soho

Me and one of my best friends’ are absolutely obsessed with afternoon tea and love nothing more than trying out new varieties across London. As it was her birthday coming up I decided I wanted to book us a treat and set about looking into some more unusual/ quirky afternoon teas. Now I’m all for finger sandwiches, cakes, and scones but as soon as I saw the Brgr afternoon tea I knew it was the one to choose.

Located in the Soho branch which is less than a 10-minute walk from Oxford Circus station – even taking into consideration the sheer amount of people – and despite looking tiny on the outside it’s a pretty spacious size inside. We had actually booked in for 3pm but arrived 20-minutes early and the staff were nice enough to seat us down early. I had a rough idea of what to expect although the sweets seem to change as our offerings were different to what was shown on the website but our waitress ran through what we were going to get.

We were first presented with a glass of prosecco and the choice of lemonade or iced tea, a nice refreshing change as we’re getting into the warmer months to not be slurping hot tea. Not long after our platters arrived and I have to say everything was beautifully laid out.

You get three mini slider burgers, one is a beef burger with cheese, one is a grilled chicken burger and one is a fish burger. My friend isn’t a huge fish fan so I swapped my beef with her cheese so can’t comment on the beef burger but the chicken was amazing, really tender and soft. I wasn’t 100% sure what to expect with a fish burger but it wasn’t a strong fishy smell thankfully and it really tasted lovely. Then there was a small portion of fries and a mini vanilla milkshake, now normally I’d opt for chocolate instead of vanilla but this was so refreshing I’d be tempted to swap up my order next time.

Once these bits were devoured, which didn’t take long, it was onto the desserts which was a good sized tangy lemon tart and a small chocolate brownie.  We both opted to eat our lemon tarts first which I feel was the best choice as it was sooo lemony and sharp. The pastry crust was firm and tasty and it really was a treat, and the chocolate brownie to close was soft, squidgy and not too sickly tasty.

Our afternoon tea cost us £19.50 and while you can get more food just by ordering a burger and chips off the menu it was a good sized meal, a nice way to sample a selection of yummy treats and a more unusual way to go for afternoon tea.

Are you a fan of afternoon tea?

Pin It!

Would you like to try American Style Afternoon Tea At Brgr Soho?

1. Robin Rue
    May 16, 2017 / 4:17 pm

Oh, so afternoon tea = snacks? We don’t do that here in the US and I always just assumed tea meant drinking tea 🙂

2. May 16, 2017 / 7:36 pm

I wish we did tea here in the states. You could occasionally find a place that did it in Canada and it was always a wonderful experience. Prosecco and lemonade is something I am going to have to make myself!

3. Aish Padihari
    May 16, 2017 / 9:54 pm

WE don’t have Tea time here in the USA. I usually drink black coffee throughout the day. But looks like you are having a wonderful time with tea.

4. Marcie Wirtz Cheung
    May 17, 2017 / 12:18 am

You just blew my mind! I LOVE Afternoon Tea and that’s what I do for girl’s days! This is such a cool concept! But, traditional Afternoon Tea still wins for me 🙂

5. May 17, 2017 / 3:09 am

I love afternoon tea but this spread beats everyone that I have had!

6. May 17, 2017 / 3:10 am

I love afternoon tea. I have never seen such a wonderful spread of food and drink!

7. Mai C.
    May 17, 2017 / 5:35 am

How I wished I lived in London! I think this is awesome and it’s definitely my kind of afternoon tea. The food sounds great as well.

8. Amanda Love
    May 17, 2017 / 5:36 am

If afternoon tea is like this then I am game to do it everyday! I love that it’s not your traditional afternoon tea, it’s a nice change. I think it’s worth checking out!

9. Dani
    May 17, 2017 / 2:20 pm

mmm mini slider burgers, yes! All of this food looks amazing. Yum! I don;t have afternoon tea in america…we just call it late lunch or 2nd lunch or 1st dinner haha..because we are fat 🙂

10. May 17, 2017 / 2:44 pm

OK this is a bloody awesome idea, so cool!! I hope they do a veggie version cause I’d be all over that

11. Jeanine @ sixtimemommy.com
    May 17, 2017 / 2:44 pm

Wow this all looks pretty awesome. I’ll be honest, had no idea there was such a thing as American style afternoon tea. I’d love to take up afternoon tea!

12. May 17, 2017 / 2:56 pm

Oh wow what an amazing looking afternoon tea and what a unique idea to do it a little differently. I could definitely imagine trying it myself.

13. Gareth Torrance
    May 17, 2017 / 3:11 pm

That all looks so delicious, and I was already really hungry!

14. Elodie
    May 17, 2017 / 3:12 pm

We went there for afternoon tea a few years back and it was so good! This makes me want to go back! x

15. May 17, 2017 / 4:48 pm

Now we’re talking afternoon tea that’s right up my street haha! I’m not British so I sometimes struggle with the selection that afternoon teas come with – I just ain’t so big on sandwiches (although I do love scones!) so this looks like the perfect alternative for me haha! x

16. May 17, 2017 / 4:58 pm

I’ve always wanted to go to an afternoon tea, especially if it serves Prosecco. This tea looks so unique. I like the idea of serving sliders instead of the usual fare.

17. Brittany Muddamalle
    May 17, 2017 / 5:29 pm

I used to despise tea growing up. Then I married into and East Indian family and learned just how good it can be!

18. Mellissa Williams
    May 17, 2017 / 6:20 pm

Those mini sliders look amazing, I love how they do burgers in miniature in the US! Such a great idea for an afternoon tea

19. Kori
    May 17, 2017 / 6:59 pm

Now that really sounds like my type of afternoon tea! I do prefer tea to coffee. Those burgers look so good! Just the right size.

20. May 18, 2017 / 12:48 pm

Everything looks great, it’s amazing how well milkshakes and fries go together! And it’s a clever way of getting to sample a lot of the menu.

21. Melanie Williams
    May 18, 2017 / 2:34 pm

Yes officially jealous – this looks awesome! I go London frequently, so will deffo give this a go 🙂 x

22. Kacie Morgan
    May 18, 2017 / 7:26 pm

Hmm, sounds interesting! I do love a traditional afternoon tea. I have heard there is a Beauty and the Beast one in London and I would love to try it!

23. May 18, 2017 / 9:10 pm

This looks wonderful. Growing up in Arizona I really hadn’t heard of afternoon tea until I grew up and became a bit more cultured. I love caffeine so for me, any tea time sounds great.

24. Lydia
    May 19, 2017 / 12:10 am

Ooh, this looks delicious. Sounds like such a fun way to spend your afternoon, too!

25. May 19, 2017 / 1:09 am

I haven’t been to an afternoon tea before, but would love
    to. I love the idea of three different sliders, although I too would probably
    not be a fan of the fish one.

26. Miss VeraJeanae
    May 19, 2017 / 4:03 am

This all looks so delicious! I will have to stop by there when we make our way to London.

27. Mummy Times Two
    May 19, 2017 / 8:41 am

Oooo I love the look of this, what an interesting twist on a traditional Afternoon Tea!

28. May 19, 2017 / 9:59 am

I’m obsessed with afternoon tea too – would love to give this burger one a try x

29. Jessica Lynn Martin
    May 19, 2017 / 6:53 pm

I live in the US and I would love afternoon tea. Our idea of tea is different than those across the pond. I love your version of afternoon tea. I’m a big tea fan along with foods that accompany tea.

30. Helen Clark
    May 19, 2017 / 8:15 pm

I love going for afternoon tea. I’ve never seen anything other than the traditional finger sandwiches and scones though so love this idea! I’ll have to look out for something similar near me.

31. fashion-mommy
    May 20, 2017 / 11:21 am

I love slider burgers, especially when you get the chance to try three different flavours, These look lovely.

32. May 21, 2017 / 10:49 pm

What a unique afternoon tea but it sounds completely up my street! I need to try this out! xo

33. May 22, 2017 / 11:41 am

That’s great value for an afternoon tea. I wouldn’t have the burgers myself but I’d totally be up for the brownie.

34. May 23, 2017 / 8:39 am

What a great twist to afternoon tea. I always expect tea, cake and scones but this is great.

35. June 1, 2017 / 3:33 pm

That sounds amazing!! Have you seen the Alice in Wonderland themed tea? I’m not sure which hotel it is at but it’s in London. I love the idea of a mini burger party but I’m more of a mini cakes and cup of tea girl at heart.