Four Essentials You Need To Take To Festivals This Summer

Festival Phizz

That’s right it’s festival season again with Slamdunk bringing in the start over the bank holiday weekend just gone. In a few weeks, I’ll be heading to Donnington Park for my annual Download pilgrimage but there are so many festivals covering this summer from Glastonbury and T in the Park to Bestival and Reading. Having been to camping festivals every single year for 10 years’ now I’ve started to perfect the essentials that you need to take, and those things which you really don’t need. Here are some of the essentials I’ll always be reaching for and things you should take away this summer.

Phizz Tablets

I don’t know if it’s just me but festivals seem to drain me and it doesn’t matter how hard you try it’s difficult to stay hydrated. I never drink as much at festivals as I do at home which is bad considering I’m up longer hours – blame the sunshine in tents – and I’m on my feet all day. Phizz tablets* are like a combination of Berocca and Diarolyte and help keep you hydrated and healthy through a unique rehydration formula mixing vitamins and minerals which is exactly what you need to keep both physical and mental fatigue at bay. I’m always finding myself running around so having something which will replenish some of the bits which my body loses after eating and drinking rubbish is a godsend, especially if it can stop me from being tired. All you need to do is drop one until a bottle of water, let it dissolve and get on with your day. Plus they’re given as an amenity item onboard Emirates flights to first class passengers; if it’s good enough for the travel elite it’s good enough for a muddy weekend in the UK.

Festival Toothbrush

Toothbrush Protector

Recently I came across some disturbing facts which said that research had found there to be more than 10 million bacteria living on your toothbrush which is more than the average toilet seat or public toilet floor. This thought alone made me dry retch a little bit and made me think about the fact that every time I’m brushing my teeth I’m probably rubbing in some disgusting things, and festivals are not notorious for being clean. Your toothbrush will probably be put away when still damp, it will be stored in a bag in a tent and pulled out to use within an environment which is pretty grim. Then I found a special bacteria killing crash helmet* which sits over the top of your toothbrush to keep it as clean as possible and kill as many of the bits of bacteria that harbors on it as possible. For something I put in my mouth this is definitely an essential.

Festival Cleanser

Gentle Cleanser

When I go to festivals I know that my skincare game isn’t quite up to scratch, firstly I don’t want to leave loads of monies worth of products in my tent, and also without easy direct access to a mirror and a sink, it can make it pretty hard. Being outside at a festival so much with all the elements from the smoke clouds of people vaping, the questionable smoke from food stands and all the elements you’re likely to endure you will need something soothing for you skin. The Skintifique Cleanser P* is a gentle micellar cleanser which will remove all the makeup you’ve plastered on over your festival day and will also remove impurities from your skin by using just 5 ingredients. I know my skin tends to feel a bit sensitive being outside so much so with this being situation for sensitive and reactive skin it’s one of the best things to pop into your essentials bag. Here’s some more beauty essentials you need to take.

Festival Wellie Socks

Thermal Wellington Socks

The average temperatures and weather conditions at UK festivals are something to be desired and it can get pretty chilly, especially during the night time so keeping yourself warm is essential. I’m the kind of person who always ends up with hurting feet by the end of a festival day after a full day of being on my feet yet every year I take the same socks and never upgrade to something more comfortable, so when this pair of Heat Holders Wellington Socks* came through I know what I’m going to be wearing in every festival field. Heat Holders are the world’s leading thermal sock brand and the socks are so warm and cozy that they even have tog ratings. As soon as the socks arrived I had to give them a try and they’re the comfiest things I have ever worn on my feet, the perfect thing to keep your toes warm when you’re battling cold temperatures and even colder tents. These socks, in particular, are specifically designed to fit inside wellies with extra-long length and a fluffy fold-over cuff which if you’re anything like me you’ll end up sitting there stroking.

What essentials would you take to a festival with you?

May 28, 2017

• Reply Robin Rue

My feet are always cold, so those thermal socks sound awesome. I don’t get to many festivals these days, but love your list if I do 🙂

May 30, 2017 at 9:44 am
  • Reply Theresa

These all sound really useful for any summer road trip. I don’t go to many festivals anymore, but I have some friends who do who would appreciate these ideas.

May 30, 2017 at 10:16 am
  • Reply Terri Steffes

I love summer festivals and for us sun screen is essential. I love the idea of the phizz tablets and the skin cleanser.

May 30, 2017 at 4:13 pm
  • Reply Jeanine @ sixtimemommy.com

So many great ideas. I love the thermal socks. Looks great to me, would use a few pairs!

May 30, 2017 at 6:09 pm
  • Reply Joanna @ Everyday Made Fresh

Summer festivals are so much fun! That tooth brush protector is great, I can see our family each having one. Skin care is super important, and a great cleanser is essential.

May 30, 2017 at 7:30 pm
  • Reply Cassie

Seems like a pretty accurate list. Always important to stay properly hydrated so those tablets are a must! I’d also need a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen!

May 30, 2017 at 8:27 pm
  • Reply Angela Tolsma

I have never heard of Phizz Tablets, and it sounds like something I need for vacation time! I never stay hydrated on vacation. I love festivals but I have never traveled for one, this is a different list for me to keep in mind, for when that occasion shall arise.

May 30, 2017 at 9:07 pm
  • Reply Karen Yannacio Morse

I already use those toothbrush protectors at my house. Such a smart idea to keep that sterile (or at least better cleaned!). Those Phizz tablets I’ve never heard of but want to get a case of! So smart!

May 30, 2017 at 9:08 pm
  • Reply Marcie in Mommyland

The toothbrush protector is a great idea! It’s amazing how dirty they get, especially when crammed in a toiletry bag. I can’t even think about it. *shutter*

May 30, 2017 at 11:26 pm
  • Reply Heather

A toothbrush protector – that is genius! Those socks look awesome as well! I think I will have to get some for me, warm feet are a must in my world.

May 31, 2017 at 1:04 am
  • Reply Reesa Lewandowski

I love festival season! I am ashamed to admit I usually forget all of these types of items whenever I do anything!!!

May 31, 2017 at 1:39 am
  • Reply TheNewClassy

These all look like great things to take. The Phizz tabs and toothbrush protector are both things that I was unaware they made. I will have to get me some of these.

May 31, 2017 at 12:51 pm
  • Reply Mai C.

Lovely! I haven’t been to a festival in a while and it would be awesome to attend one during the summer. I think keepng yourself hydrated is extremely important. Those phizz tabs seem to do the trick.

May 31, 2017 at 6:17 pm
  • Reply Blythe A.

If I was to attend a festival, I would absolutely take a lot of sunscreen and some hydrating facial spray. I also like the idea of taking extra socks.

May 31, 2017 at 6:26 pm
  • Reply Ana De Jesus

Festivals tend to drain me as well so I like the sound of Berocca as well. Especially if they keep mental and physical fatigue at bay! x

May 31, 2017 at 6:59 pm
  • Reply TheMummyToolbox

loving your festival essentials! I am sad to be missing out this year as I am going to either pregnant or have a new born but will have to remember this for next year

May 31, 2017 at 7:17 pm
  • Reply Claire Lee

Toothbrush protector and gentle cleanser for sure!! I never heard about the pill you mentioned above, but maybe I will try it sometime. Can I buy it over the counter? http://www.clairebearblogs.com

May 31, 2017 at 8:12 pm
  • Reply Jennifer Pilgrim

A good gentle cleanser is important for any trip this summer. I will have to check out that pill, too.

May 31, 2017 at 9:43 pm
  • Reply Kristin Swenson

A toothbrush protector is clutch. It’s definitely one of my travel essentials. You don’t want icky stuff getting on there!

June 1, 2017 at 5:06 am
  • Reply Ali Rost

I’m definitely going to pick up a toothbrush protector the next time I’m at Target. After hearing the stats on germs, I’ll never think of it in quite the same way again!

June 1, 2017 at 8:34 am
  • Reply Melanie Edjourian

Wow I haven’t heard of those tablets before. They sound like they might be useful even for a general holiday. ‘m going to look into them and maybe get some. Thanks so much for thar Rhian 😉

June 1, 2017 at 12:42 pm
  • Reply Aareeba Mohammed

I should definitely need a toothbrush protector, am gonna check this out online

June 1, 2017 at 3:54 pm
  • Reply Joanna

A toothbrush protector is a must. I actually have a travel toothbrush which has a cap, and I would never use anything else when I am away. The socks are also very important as in the evening it gets cold and you want your extremities well covered.

June 1, 2017 at 4:48 pm
  • Reply Mommy Engineering

Wow I haven’t been to any festivals lately but what a great list!

June 1, 2017 at 5:06 pm
  • Reply Dhiraj Kapur

I havn;t been to any festivals.. Usually I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. I should soon visit i think 😀

June 1, 2017 at 5:36 pm
  • Reply Heather

Great ideas! I had never heard of phizz tablets, what a great solution for hydration!

June 1, 2017 at 9:03 pm
  • Reply Fashion Phases

You listed some great ideas. Because I’m a germ freak I would definitely take hand sanitizer and sunblock to protect my skin.

June 1, 2017 at 9:21 pm
  • Reply Brittany Muddamalle

Wow those phizz tablets look cool! I’ve never seen them before! I love the toothbrush protector too! It looks awesome!

June 1, 2017 at 9:28 pm
  • Reply Jean Standley

Some great festival essentials! I’ve only ever been to one festival – v festival for just one day, but had a great time and would love to go to another one soon!

June 1, 2017 at 11:02 pm
  • Reply CourtneyLynne Storms

Oooo so many great suggestions here!!!! I would have never thought of a toothbrush protector!!

June 1, 2017 at 11:48 pm
  • Reply Amber Nelson

Those are some great suggestions. I don’t go to many festivals at all, but this is a great list.

June 2, 2017 at 1:32 am
  • Reply Sabrina Barbante

Yesterday I wrote a post on http://www.accessibilityiscool.com about the greatness of UK summer festivals and their attitude towards accessibility! I’ll share this post on the page to add some infos about what we need to take with us (Phizz, that I didn’t know before, looks useful for a huge set of occasions)

June 2, 2017 at 10:01 am
  • Reply HilLesha

I love going to festivals! My must haves are sunscreen and a facial mist to help keep my skin well hydrated.

June 2, 2017 at 7:31 pm
  • Reply Kristine Nicole Alessandra VA

These are definitely essentials to take during festivals. I have not been to one lately but I would love to. I know my niece is going to attend one in their area. I will share this article with her. Phizz looks like something I’d love to have in my purse.

June 3, 2017 at 8:04 am
  • Reply London Mumma

I always forget sock, or should I say I never bring the right pair of socks, but adding this to my list stat!

June 3, 2017 at 1:42 pm
  • Reply Asha Singh

I can a festival soon so this is exactly what I needed to read. You’re such a life saver!

June 4, 2017 at 4:35 pm
  • Reply Chiimmiii's Happy World

Great suggestions, i defiantly don’t go to festivals but for future will remember this . 🙂 Thanks for sharing.

June 4, 2017 at 5:08 pm
  • Reply Zabrina Vogelsang

Ahh..that toothbrush protector!! I get so freaked out if my toothbrush falls off the counter or something lol. I am hoping to go to a festival soon, so thanks for the tips!

June 4, 2017 at 6:54 pm
  • Reply Lilia Dee

I’ve never been to a festival. I don’t think they clean frank in me will ever allow me to. Case in point the toothbrush protector made me thing about how I’d react if my toothbrush fell or something haha

June 4, 2017 at 8:36 pm
  • Reply Yeu Doi

The toothbrush is essential and probably comes up as one of our most forgotter item. Thanks for the tips and reminder.

June 5, 2017 at 12:11 am
  • Reply AMIT AGRAWAL

Great suggestions. I find socks and toothbrush protector very useful. I am hoping to go for summer festival soon.

June 5, 2017 at 4:36 am
  • Reply Adeola Naomi Aderemi

This is a great list! Toothbrush cover and socks are so so essential especially for the unpredictable British weather.

June 5, 2017 at 1:48 pm
  • Reply dreamingloud

Socks are a great advice. I always forget to take them and end up freezing wearing my jacket on my feet 😀

June 5, 2017 at 7:21 pm
  • Reply Frosted Events

Wow, I really love this tips my feet are always cold and I need to find this socks and a toothbrush protector.

June 9, 2017 at 9:27 pm