Finding The Perfect Summer Wedding Dress

coast maxi dresses

In just over two weeks’ I am going to be attending my very first wedding. Yes that’s right I’ve hit the age of 27 and have never been to a wedding before (not counting one when I was less than a year old). Most of my friends’ seem to be heading to them every month and finally, my time has come but the worrying thing is I have absolutely no idea what to wear. I’ve not developed that staple wedding dress which can be worn to any occasion with new people, and for someone who wears black 90% of the time the idea of wedding attire has me flummoxed. Of course, I can’t wear black, and for a summer wedding choosing the right outfit is key to make sure I don’t melt away throughout the day, that’s if the sun shows itself and for the day’s sake I hope it does.

As I have seemingly next to no time to shop for clothing I have resorted to online shopping and have probably bought about ten dresses online all of which have arrived and quickly been sent straight back because they’re not appropriate, don’t fit right or just look nothing like the photos on the website. Previously I’d never thought about wearing a maxi dress but after stumbling across some stunning ones on Coast I’ve settled that this, in fact, might be the perfect thing to wear. With a maxi dress, you don’t have to worry about being inappropriate and showing too much flesh, they can be pretty cool but also cover your legs if it’s getting a bit chilly and with all the beautiful colours and floral designs, they’re absolutely perfect for the time of year.

I have narrowed down a few dresses which you can see in the image at the top but I’m really not sure which design to go for so I might have to do the age old buy five, hope I don’t fall in love with them all and then return the rest.

Do you have a go-to wedding outfit you wear?

*This post was sponsored by Coast but all views and opinions are my own

May 12, 2017

• Reply Mummy Times Two

Ooooo these are beautiful. I think my favourite one is the fourth one x

May 14, 2017 at 11:01 am
  • Reply StressedMum

I love all of these, I always panic if looking for a dress to wear to a wedding, I think the best thing is to try them all and see which one you prefer. I managed to get a couple of new dresses by doing this as I could not decide x

May 14, 2017 at 2:28 pm
  • Reply Hayley

I haven’t got any weddings to go to this year but I usually find a nice floaty dress to wear. Usually with florals on!

May 14, 2017 at 4:39 pm
  • Reply Elodie

I personally LOVE the 1st and 2nd option, but then again, I never know what to wear to weddings so you might be better off asking someone else. Ha! x

May 14, 2017 at 8:31 pm
  • Reply Mummy's Monkey

These are all beautiful. I think the 4th is my favourite for a wedding

May 14, 2017 at 9:24 pm
  • Reply Hannah Latoya Bond

Finding an outfit can be tricky. I wore black to my cousins wedding, i do think it’s a great color

May 14, 2017 at 11:39 pm
  • Reply Gareth Torrance

Sometimes I’m really glad I’m a guy… It’s so much easier for us to ready for events like weddings… Even for our own weddings…

May 15, 2017 at 6:56 am
  • Reply Healthy & Psyched

I like the third one with the blue and black. I always feel the need to buy a new outfit for every wedding, but it can get so expensive!!

May 15, 2017 at 2:12 pm
  • Reply Emily Leary, A Mummy Too

I honestly like them all – I think the far right one would work at pretty much any wedding.

May 15, 2017 at 2:23 pm
  • Reply Anna Nuttall

Beautiful selection. I can’t choose as I love them all. I’m suppose to be going to a wedding in a few months time so this will give me ideas.

May 15, 2017 at 6:16 pm
  • Reply Savi and Vid

I love Coast dresses and I couldn’t pick a favourite but I especially love the first one – like that you’ve chosen colourful ones 🙂

May 16, 2017 at 10:02 am
  • Reply Being Ashleigh

I LOVE the orange and red one. That would look stunning with gold eye makeup xx

May 16, 2017 at 1:44 pm
  • Reply Louise

They are all honestly beautiful. Enjoy your wedding and all I can say is I love Boden for wedding outfits as a lot of them you can wear to other events too, plus they have a sale on at the moment so worth looking at for future reference X X

May 16, 2017 at 2:33 pm
  • Reply Kate Veggie Desserts

Those are all great choices for weddings and I love that they’re maxi length. Have a great time at the wedding!

May 16, 2017 at 4:31 pm
  • Reply Becca Talbot

I really like the last one, though being 5’1 I couldn’t really do the maxi dress thing 🙁 I hope you have a great time at the wedding though! x

May 16, 2017 at 5:57 pm
  • Reply Steph

I love the last one, I’m off to a wedding next weekend and i’ve ended up with a dress from Sainsburys. I’m only going to the night do but it can be such a struggle especially if you’re going all day. I’ve been to a lot of weddings and I would factor in some comfort / stretch as it’s a long day and nothing worse than feeling all bunched up before the speeches have even been read s

May 16, 2017 at 7:31 pm
  • Reply Jenny

I love maxi dresses, so easy to dress up or down!

May 16, 2017 at 8:50 pm
  • Reply Anosa

I am sure you will found the perfect one in no time, it happened to me last year and as recent as 3 weeks ago when I had to attend both the church and reception hall and had to change outfits

May 16, 2017 at 9:15 pm
  • Reply Alison Rost

Dresses to wear to a wedding can be so tricky! I really like the one with the black top and pretty blue and white skirt. It would show off summer arms beautifully!

May 16, 2017 at 10:52 pm
  • Reply Kacie Morgan

I’m going to a Summer wedding too, but to make it even more difficult to find something to wear – it’s an Indian wedding!

May 17, 2017 at 8:36 am
  • Reply Rachael

I love coast dresses! that orange and red one is probably my favourite the cut looks really flattering

May 17, 2017 at 8:47 am
  • Reply mydreamality

I haven’t been to too many weddings, so don’t feel bad 😉 I am particularly loving the last 3 dresses, but the red and coral one is so unique and is gorgeous!

May 17, 2017 at 4:46 pm
  • Reply Kira L Curtis

I’ve not been to a wedding in such a long time and I’m terrible at choosing dresses but I love the summer dresses you choose, I usually go for light colours at a wedding 😀

May 20, 2017 at 1:36 pm
  • Reply Angela Milnes

I love the dress on the far right best. it is a nice shape and the pattern is cute for a wedding!

May 20, 2017 at 9:02 pm