Five Things I Did This Week
- On Tuesday I made the quick drive to my other halves house in Slough to finally meet his sister as she was back from university. The three of us headed to their local Harvester for a nice meal and to get to know one another.
- Wednesday was my gig of the week and was by Counterfeit, a punk-rock band fronted by Jamie Campbell-Bower who some of you may know better from Sweeney Todd or Twilight. The show was at the Underworld in Camden and was really incredible and even better than last time when I saw them at the Electric Ballroom.
- On Thursday I took my dad out for a meal as a belated birthday treat as I went on holiday on his birthday. We went to a lovely local pub in Elstree and I had one of the best mixed grills’ I’ve ever had.
- On Friday night I headed to the cinema to see Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 and it did not disappoint. The whole movie was really good, with just the right amount of humor and I think everyone needs to see it, not just the superhero movie fans.
- Over the bank holiday weekend, I headed to Belfast with my boyfriend and it was a lovely break. We did and saw a lot but also relaxed and had a good time. Normally I cram so much into weekends away that I get exhausted so it was nice to take it at a slower pace. I’ll be doing a post on my trip any day now so keep yours eyes open.
Five Great Things To Happen
- I’ve been trying to sell my old car for about 7 weeks’ now ever since I got my new beauty and finally, after getting it re-MOTed it’s sold. I am so happy that it’s gone now as it’s one less thing I have to worry about and it’s some cash I could really do with.
- After a Gousto delivery, we managed to cook two pretty awesome meals this week including a posh open burger and rosemary chips. Both of the recipes came out really well so I’m going to be keeping my eyes open for more recipes from the brand.
- I finally got around to booking tickets to see Aladdin with one of my best friends. The tickets were a little pricy but from what I’ve read/ seen I think it’s going to be worth the money. We’re heading there sometime in June I believe *forgetful moment* and I can not wait.
- On Friday I had my oven professionally cleaned and I am so happy with how it looks. I clean it myself as much as I can which isn’t as often as I should, but it always looks so much better when someone else does it.
- I did a little bit of retail therapy whilst in Belfast managed to grab a few items of clothing, two tsum tsum’s to complete my Alice in Wonderland collection and a Fossil bracelet that I’ve had my eye on for a while.
Five Four Things Which Sucked
- I really seem to be struggling to find new work clothes which I like and fit me. I’ve bought so many bits recently in stores and online which I’ve then returned that I’m starting to run out of ideas. If you have any recommendations of places to shop in please let me know.
- I only have about four weeks until my friends’ wedding now and I am stressing a little bit about a dress which I don’t own. I have very little time to go out shopping so I am frantically browsing online to try and find some options. I’ll be so much happier when I have something I’m happy in.
- My last week has just been so manic that I don’t feel I’ve had a lot of time to sit down and relax. I wanted an evening to have a bath and a face mask but that just didn’t happen.
- I did my gel nails on Friday night but over the weekend they’ve already chipped and damaged which is so unlike the UV Gel so I think it’s just a bad brand I’ve been using. I had hoped they’d cover my trip to Crete as well but looks like I’ll need to do them again.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Unpack everything from my Belfast trip within a day of coming back so I can get my washing done and be ready before my next trip.
- Finalize things for my Crete trip as I head away on Wednesday evening to Gatwick Airport.
- Wrap up all of my Auntie’s birthday presents so I know they’re done for when I come back from holiday.
- Plan a nice relaxing evening in on Tuesday full of nice food and some good movies as it’s my only night between coming back from Belfast and going to Crete.
- Work out my lists of things I need to do for the following week.