I had planned on doing a five things post last week but due to only being in my own flat for two nights, and in England for just two days of the whole week I decided against it as both trips – Belfast and Crete – will have their own posts on my blog anyway.
Five Things I Did This Week
- On Monday I arrived home from my five day trip to Crete and it was actually really nice to be back home and getting back to reality.
- Tuesday marked my six month anniversary with my other half and I can not believe how fast the time has gone. He was working a bit later than normal so I made sure I had all the dinner prepped so things were ready when he got home.
- On Thursday evening I had a catch up meal with a couple of friends’ in London. We headed to Soho to brgr which I have been meaning to have dinner at for ages and it was nice to catch up on what they were both getting up to.
- I spent the weekend staying at my other halves house as we were cat sitting for the weekend and we had a nice relaxing time including lots of movie watching – Oceans Eleven, 10 Things I Hate About You, Big Hero 6 and Blade Runner – and it was nice to relax and chill.
- On Saturday evening I headed into London to see The Kooks on their Best Of tour at Alexandra Palace and it was an incredible show full of all of the songs I expected.
Five Six Great Things To Happen
- On Monday my boyfriends’ dad happened to be working close to Stanstead airport where I landed home from Crete and he said he would come and pick me up. I was so thankful for the lift as otherwise, I’d have had to navigate 2 hours on the trains with a suitcase or pay about £70 for a taxi. Neither nice options.
- I’ve been starting to wake up earlier than I need to in order to be productive in the morning’s and make sure I have a proper breakfast and it seems to be working. I’ve felt more awake when I’ve gotten to work, I’ve eaten better and my to-do list gets smashed through before 9am.
- I’ve been trying to get back into healthier eating and this week I lost 3 pounds which is great as I was pretty naughty the week before in Belfast and put about that much on. Now I’m back in the country and settling at home I want to get back into the routine of making healthier and smarter choices.
- I have managed to organize catch up evenings with all of my friends who I feel I haven’t seen in ages from my music website buddies to my school friends and I can’t wait to properly catch up with everyone.
- I had my press pass confirmed for Slamdunk Festival in Birmingham which is great so now it’s time to start prepping promo and working out whose covering what with my team.
- It has been on my bucket list to go on a proper spa weekend for ages and finally I have one booked. Me and my best friend are heading to Oxford over a weekend in August for a full blown relaxing spa weekend and I can not wait.
Five Four Things Which Sucked
- Due to my walk while I was in Crete my legs – mainly my calves – continued to be in quite a bit of pain during the week. Thankfully my foot’s pain eased over the week but my legs were killing.
- On Wednesday my aqua aerobics class was canceled and I was gutted as it’s been two weeks since I was last at one. I did stay on at the gym instead but my aching calf meant I didn’t push myself as much.
- I ordered a whole load of clothes hoping I’d have something to wear to a wedding I have coming up but everything either didn’t fit or wasn’t appropriate so I still don’t have an outfit and I’m stressing.
- My nails are in an absolutely awful condition at the moment and I keep managing to break them which isn’t great. I am going to get them done professionally next weekend so hopefully they will last until the wedding I’m at the following weekend.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Get into my proper morning routine getting up at a decent time and allowing for a mixture of working out, tidying and blog work before work to free up my evenings more.
- Come up with some ideas of dates and potential holiday spots for a weekend away over August/ September. A lot of my trips have been in the earlier part of the year so I want some more things to look forward to.
- Book flights for my trip to Italy in November. We’re going to be flying with BA and I can’t deny that I’m so excited for no Easyjet/ Ryanair.
- Start planning Slamdunk Festival at the end of May and working out my workload for interviews/ features but also what bands I want to see.
- Try and see my tattoo artist so I can start working on the sketches of my next tattoo.