Five Things – Week 66

waffle burger

Five Six Things I Did This Week

• On Monday we went out for a family meal to celebrate my Auntie’s Birthday and despite my dad and brother not being there due to a Chelsea match they went to it was lovely to catch up.
  • Tuesday saw me have a double meal out with a massive Five Guys lunch with work followed by a Wagamama’s catch up dinner with two of my school friends. It felt like I hadn’t seen my friends in ages so we caught up about our holidays and what we’ve all been up to.
  • On Wednesday evening I headed into London to see Bill Bailey at a small Leicester Square theatre practicing material for his upcoming tour. It was a really fun hour or so of material and it’s definitely made me want to buy tickets for his tour.
  • On Friday night we made a trip to Ikea where I finally got around to getting a new wardrobe for my bedroom including all the fittings and interiors and a new shelving unit for my bedroom. I get so excited in Ikea and I tried not to go too crazy but I did end up spending a bit more than I imagined I would.
  • On Saturday it was another shopping fuelled day as I met my other half in Westfield White City after he finished work and we did some more shopping, and then after he headed home I met my friend in Harrow to go and see Russell Kane who was very funny.
  • On Sunday I headed with my friends to Ealing Road to buy some bits for our outfits for my friends’ wedding in July. The place is just a whole other world but the clothing was so beautiful.

Five Great Things To Happen

• I booked my tickets for the London Film and TV Convention at the end of July including a photo with Christopher Lloyd and the Deloran. I am so excited as I’ve never been to an expo or anything before so it will be a great experience.
  • Me and my other half booked a lovely hotel in Bournemouth as we’re planning on having a nice weekend away in July. I am very much the type of person who likes to book stuff there and then so I’m happy this has been done now.
  • I didn’t quite know where to put this but on Monday my manager who had been working from home for quite a few months’ left without notice meaning I’ve now temporarily stepped into his shoes. It’s pretty scary as I didn’t have a huge amount to do with the PPC side of the business that I am taking over but it’s a brand new challenge and something I’m keen to prove myself in.
  • I’ve managed to have a few clear outs tidies including sorting out my overflowing bookcase and getting rid of some bedding. I had about seven different sets of bedding which I really don’t need so it was time for a clear out.
  • On Sunday my other half put up all my Ikea furniture and I absolutely love it all. My flat is starting to go back to normal after loads of clearing out, including three more bags of things ready for a car boot sale.

ikea

Five Things Which Sucked

• I put on a pound this week which, to be honest was completely deserved, and I should have put on more but it does suck that I’m still not in a proper routine with self-control and eating well.
  • Me and my friends use Doodle Polls to decide when we’re meeting up/ going out for meals etc but sadly a meet up organized for the end of June I can’t make which is a shame.
  • I’ve put a few items on Gumtree and had interest with people saying they’d come and collect and just not turning up and not letting me know. I find it so rude when people can’t even be bothered to message to say they’re no longer interested.
  • I still haven’t booked my flights for Italy later this year, I need to re-look into hotels and just get it booked so it becomes more of a reality.
  • While I was clearing out my wardrobe I did end up having to get rid of a lot of things which I’d love to fit back into but realistically I know I’ll never lose that much weight again.

Five Things To Do Next Week

• Sort out everything I’ll need for my weekend away at Slamdunk Festival and at my friends’ wedding.
  • Go to the gym at least once in the morning before work. I’m not going to push myself too much but  I do need to start going more.
  • Lose anything when I weigh myself. I literally don’t mind if it’s half a pound but anything in the right direction.
  • Sort out the spare carpet I have in my wardrobe and get rid of what I don’t need to make room for storage.
  • Pick up train tickets for all the UK trips I have over the next few weeks.
What have you been up to this week?
May 22, 2017

• Reply Savi and Vid

Still loving this series Rhian – btw I’ve had several similar experiences with Gumtree. Hate it when people message and don’t turn up!

May 23, 2017 at 6:07 am
  • Reply StressedMum

I love these posts, your life always seem so busy and so much fun, well done on your promotion and hope it becomes permanent. I am also very jealous you went to Ikea I love going but my husband hates it x

May 23, 2017 at 9:51 am
  • Reply Mummy Times Two

I love ikea, but like you have a tendency to get carried away and spend more than I should.

May 23, 2017 at 11:54 am
  • Reply Beach Hut Cook

Gosh that’s a lot of jobs done. I love a good clear out and Ikea furniture always puts good order to everything doesn’t it! Elinor x

May 23, 2017 at 1:21 pm
  • Reply Ana De Jesus

Wow congrats hun on taking over your managers role. I hope your friend has a good wedding as well! x

May 23, 2017 at 7:02 pm
  • Reply Sarah Bailey

Oh wow it sounds like you have had so much going on, good luck with your new role hopefully it might be perminate.

May 23, 2017 at 7:45 pm
  • Reply Madeeha

Wow. I love the idea of this post. It is a perfect way to reflect on our progress.

May 23, 2017 at 9:19 pm
  • Reply Melanie Edjourian

Well done on doing the clear out. Sometimes it can take a while to actually get around t doing them. Good luck in the new job role, a change can be good and I am sure you will do well.

May 23, 2017 at 9:39 pm
  • Reply Sarah (Whimsical Mumblings)

You always have such exciting, but busy weeks! The london tv & film convention sounds amazing!

May 23, 2017 at 10:11 pm
  • Reply Melanie Williams

Five guys lunch and waga’s in the same day – lucky you! 🙂 x

May 24, 2017 at 1:44 am
  • Reply Stephanie Merry

Good luck with heading to the gym before work, I try and do this a few times a week but it can be really hard! x

May 24, 2017 at 9:54 am
  • Reply Anna Nuttall

Gosh have fun at Bournemouth. I hasn’t been there for ages. The beach is gorgeous. xx

May 24, 2017 at 9:26 pm
  • Reply Anamika Ojha

Your post makes a nice read! Looks like you had such a busy week! The london tv & film convention sounds amazing!

May 25, 2017 at 6:01 pm
  • Reply Milton Coyne

I really love this kind of concept.. it feels like you are writing a weekly journey stating everything that happened in your whole week…I’m glad that there were many great things that happened to you this week .. i personally like that shelf cabinet of yours.. I think it could fit well on my room and it gives me space to display by gundam collection haha

May 26, 2017 at 6:31 am
  • Reply Shirley Warren

The London Film and TV Convention sounds great. It seems like so much fun. It is good to write down which helps us to calculate the progress.

May 26, 2017 at 7:32 am
  • Reply jennifuchs

I’ve had the same this week, with people scheduling to pick things up and then being no shows. Hate it when that happens. Sounds like a good week overall though!

May 26, 2017 at 10:05 am
  • Reply Kate Elizabeth Redfern

Gosh you have had a busy week! We have had a really quiet one, with 2 exceptions – we went to Disney on Monday (hence the rest of the week being quiet, as it’s a tiring day!!), and today we have been to a lake & beach near us. We live just outside Paris and the weather is 31 degrees today – it’s just beautiful! Kate http://www.fivelittlestars.com

May 26, 2017 at 12:31 pm
  • Reply Leslie Hernandez

Wow busy week!! but it looks like you had a good week over all. I think if I write down my week you girls would be like OMG how do you do all that lol… I don’t know either I just manage. Sometimes we got to do what we have to do right 🙂 Hope next week is a really good week for everyone 🙂

May 26, 2017 at 3:15 pm
  • Reply Boo Roo and Tigger Too

I visited Five Guys for the first time this week. My house looks like an advert for IKEA!

May 26, 2017 at 7:12 pm
  • Reply kathryn Maher

Wow!… what a busy bee you are. I’m jealous of all that retail therapy. Next week you seem to have some home improvements and also some Gym training…best of luck with that.

May 26, 2017 at 7:29 pm
  • Reply Lindsey

I was just talking to my sister about going to Bournetmouth with the kids. Have a great time and you must let us know how it was.

May 26, 2017 at 7:34 pm
  • Reply Carol Cliffe

What an interesting way to summarise your week. It certainly helps to see that the good outweighs the bad. Sound like you’ve got lots to look forward to coming up soon!

May 26, 2017 at 8:16 pm
  • Reply David Elliott

My daughter loves IKEA. Although she loves to go there because she loves to get the Swedish meatballs when we are there.

May 26, 2017 at 9:26 pm
  • Reply Musings of a tired mummy...zzz

That Ikea unit looks fab! Love all the positives but sorry about the rude idiots from Gumtree. Look forward to your week ahead!

May 27, 2017 at 6:44 pm
  • Reply Elizabeth

Gosh I’d be lucky if I could do so many awesome things in one month let alone one week! You’re very lucky to have such opportunities. 🙂

May 29, 2017 at 10:41 am
  • Reply Annie Bean

I am all about the clear outs! It feels so good doesn’t it? Problem is it always takes so long to get through everything!

May 30, 2017 at 7:27 pm