Five Things – Week 67

I’m a few days late with my latest five things post due to the bank holiday weekend which left me super busy but I had an awesome three days.

Five Things I Did This Week

• On Tuesday me and my other half headed into London to see Twin Atlantic play in Brixton. I absolutely love the band and despite not being overly familiar with their newer material I thoroughly enjoyed the show.
  • On Friday it was my brother’s birthday so I headed to my parent’s house for a nice meal and a catch up with all the family.
  • Saturday was the first day of Slamdunk Festival and saw me take a train up to Birmingham for my solo festival day. It was such a good day with so much amazing music and I was pleasantly surprised at how much music I managed to see.
  • On Sunday I joined one of my friends at her wedding reception which was absolutely beautiful and she looked stunning. The pair of them looked so happy and it was lovely to be able to join them for part of their big day.
  • Bank Holiday Monday was day two of Slamdunk with me and my other half heading to the London leg. I let him choose what we saw this day and it was a mixture of brand new bands and stuff I knew he’d enjoy.

Five Six Great Things To Happen

• I finally got caught up with all of my product image taking at the beginning of the week. From now on I’m going to take images as and when products arrive as opposed to letting it all pile-up.
  • I needed a few extra items from Ikea and my other half went there after work and picked up everything I needed which was great as it saved me a trip and it saved me getting distracted and buying more things I didn’t need.
  • I ordered a selection of dresses from Quiz online and I have actually found 2 which I really liked and they were appropriate for the wedding that I went to which was great. It might have been last minute but I am so happy with my decisions.
  • I had my Download Festival accreditation approved and me and my friend booked ourselves into a hotel in Derby because every year at Download the weather is rubbish and I didn’t fancy taking my new car into muddy fields.
  • Me and my other half finally got round to booking the first thing for our trip to Italy in November and it was our hotel for Venice. We’re going all out for the holiday as it’s out of season so not as expensive and we’ve booked a suite. I’m going to feel so fancy there.
  • We also booked a hotel to spend August Bank Holiday weekend in Blackpool which I am super excited about. We will be going to see Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff on the Sunday night which is crazy!

wedding

Five Things Which Sucked

• I ordered some beautiful new Tom’s and the sizes are totally off so they’re way too small which I am gutted about so I’m going to have to return them and re-order a size or maybe even two bigger.
  • There just hasn’t been enough hours in each day this week. I have had so much reorganizing and tidying to do that I haven’t finished as much as I’d have liked to. Can we get an extra few hours in the day please?!
  • I had to turn down going to a gig of a band I love because I just need an evening off to catch up and unpack things/ repack for other trips. I always push myself to do as much as I can and sometimes it can just be a bit too much.
  • I’ve just not been on the game with healthy eating and had such an up and down week that I didn’t really lose any weight this week. I need to just get my head into it (something I seem to be saying every single week).
  • I sold some bits on Ebay but I am so behind that I haven’t yet packed them up to take to the post office. Thank god I put 4 working days on the postal information.

Five Things To Do Next Week

• Look into new blog themes. I am feeling a change and I’m not sure whether I just want to adapt my old layout or try a completely new one but I am craving change.
  • Finish watching the new season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt on Netflix. I absolutely love the show as it’s an easy watch and makes me laugh so I want to blast through the new season asap.
  • Look at the times for Pirates of the Carribean and work out when to see it. I know my friend wants to see it so I’m planning a girlie date night for us.
  • Sort out all of the Slam Dunk coverage that me and my team did from last weekend.
  • Start prepping everything for my trip to Paris next week and Download Festival just after.
What have you been up to this week?
May 30, 2017

• Reply Robin Rue

Glad you had fun at the festival. I don’t get to many music festivals anymore now that I have kids, but I loved them when I was younger 🙂

May 31, 2017 at 12:18 pm
  • Reply Jessi Joachim

sounds like all in all you had a great week! That picture from the wedding table is beautiful! I love weddings, especially other people’s weddings lol

May 31, 2017 at 1:07 pm
  • Reply Terri Steffes

Never enough time in the day to do all I want to do. So I just get done what I can and add the rest to the next day’s list. Maybe that’s my problem…

May 31, 2017 at 8:49 pm
  • Reply Chanel van Reenen

Your week sounds like so much fun! What a beautiful wedding! Have so much fun in Paris!

June 1, 2017 at 2:08 am
  • Reply Jeanine @ sixtimemommy.com

I’d have been so upset over the toms! I hate ordering things and then the sizes aren’t true, and it is a real bummer!

June 1, 2017 at 2:33 am
  • Reply Katie Femia

Don’t get me started on Toms that aren’t the right size. LOL! Such a beautiful post!

June 1, 2017 at 3:39 am
  • Reply Kristina Pache-Ferency

This week we are getting ready for our family trip starting Sunday. Just making sure we have everything and the house stays tidy.

June 1, 2017 at 3:44 am
  • Reply Swanky Recipes

Healthy eating is a hit or miss for me. I have my days but I try not to beat myself up about it. I love that you traveled to London as It’s something I’ve always wanted to do – Jessica

June 1, 2017 at 4:26 am
  • Reply Lilia

Sounds like it was a busy and fun week. I’ve been writing essays for my Masters and taking care of the family. Thankfully I’ve completed one x

June 1, 2017 at 9:26 am
  • Reply Dani

The slamdunk festival sounds pretty cool! I wish I could check it out but I am in the U.S.

June 1, 2017 at 1:16 pm
  • Reply Stacey Werner

This “power of five” thing is a good idea to incorporate into one’s life.
    I like the way you look at all angles of your daily life using this system.

June 1, 2017 at 2:52 pm
  • Reply Blythe A.

Wow, that is one busy week. I like the idea of taking pictures of items as soon as the arrive. I usually schedule pict days in my calendar and knock out as many as I can, but it can take forever.

June 1, 2017 at 5:23 pm
  • Reply Nikki

You were one busy girl! The festival sounds like fun, and happy belated birthday to your brother! Looking at new blog themes is always overwhelming. It took me a year to find one that I like!

June 1, 2017 at 8:48 pm
  • Reply Kindness In Demand

I am right with you on the healthy eating. I have been saying I’m going to start tomorrow and then tomorrow comes and ice cream and buy 1 get 1 free. haha.

June 1, 2017 at 11:01 pm
  • Reply Lydia

I loved this post! Totally relate on the healthy eating, I’m the same way!

June 2, 2017 at 12:00 am
  • Reply Mai C.

Sounds like it’s going to be pretty hectic next week and there are things to look forward to as well. It’s nice that you got to go that wedding to see your friends!

June 2, 2017 at 1:57 am
  • Reply Marceline Dementori

This is really awesome! Good to know that you had a great week. Sorry about the Tom’s order.

June 2, 2017 at 1:58 am
  • Reply Reesa Lewandowski

I love how you included things that are going to happen!!! Lots to look forward to!

June 2, 2017 at 2:06 am
  • Reply Chei Pangan

Oh these looks like a great week! Got too busy in work this past few weeks! Urgh! Maybe it’s time to change my routine.

June 2, 2017 at 12:20 pm
  • Reply militaryfamof8

June 2, 2017 at 12:24 pm
  • Reply Lauren Barth

Sounds like you have been super busy. I like that you document this, give you a lot to reflect on at the end of a jam-packed week!

June 2, 2017 at 2:08 pm
  • Reply Rachel George

Wow! That is quite a week. I went out for lunch once and met friends in a park once but that is about it!

June 2, 2017 at 2:19 pm
  • Reply Musings of a tired mummy...zzz

I’m struggling with time too especially with the kids on half term. Love that the positives outweigh the worries 🙂 Ooh good luck with the blog theme change!

June 2, 2017 at 9:31 pm
  • Reply Heather

I wish I was caught up on photography! Sounds like you had an awesome week! Our week has been full of pool time in our backyard.

June 2, 2017 at 11:12 pm
  • Reply Cassie Tucker

I want to see the new Pirates of the Caribbean as well but haven’t had the chance to go! If you get to go this week, be sure to let me know how it was 😉

June 2, 2017 at 11:12 pm
  • Reply jennifuchs

Ooh, a trip to Paris! Sounds good! Hope you have a good time.

June 2, 2017 at 11:36 pm
  • Reply Cecile Blaireau

I agree with you. There are not enough hours in the day! I can’t keep up with everything that needs to be done… I have never heard of Quiz so I will ave to check it out now 🙂

June 3, 2017 at 3:29 pm
  • Reply MudpieFridays

Wow that’s a busy week! I am super impressed with everything you got done. I am not sure I would be brave enough to go to a festival on my own so I’m super impressed. Sounds like you have some fab trips planned too.

June 4, 2017 at 6:40 am
  • Reply Battle Mum (BattleMum)

Wow busy week and next week is looking good as busy. I’m a huge fan of Tom’s having discovered them lady summer. And great idea to book a hotel for your festival. I’d do the same if the weather wasn’t guaranteed!

June 4, 2017 at 12:37 pm
  • Reply Maria - Tough Cookie Mommy

I just spent the weekend celebrating my son’s birthday at my brother’s house with the family. It’s always fun when the family gets together.

June 5, 2017 at 12:11 am
  • Reply kerry norris

Sounds like a musical weekend. So jealous of your trip to Italy. We loved Venice. A suite sounds like a fab idea x

June 5, 2017 at 6:08 am
  • Reply Anvita - TheBellyRulesTheMind

Seems like overall you had a great week. I spent a lot of the time of my week, de-cluttering & organizing. On the weekend we went to the beach and caught up with friends.

June 5, 2017 at 2:50 pm
  • Reply Leslie Hernandez

Babe seem like you week was pretty good! Me on the other hand was sick with a really bad cold 🙁 But I am feeling way better. Hope you have an awesome week this week 🙂 I hope I have a better one than last week 🙂

June 5, 2017 at 3:45 pm