Live Musical Adventures In April

Photo taken by Jemma Dodd

The beginning of April was pretty quiet due to a hen party and my trip to Hawaii so when I came back I more than made up for it with three shows within 6 days. None of the headline bands were new for me, they’re all people I’ve seen before but they did vary quite a lot.

Friday 21st April saw me head to Dingwalls to introduce my other half to a female trio called The Lounge Kittens. The ladies are super talented and sassy women who do covers of existing tracks putting their own completely unique spins on them. Their tracks span from a Sean Paul medley which is incredible to Slipknot and Alice Cooper. The ladies never disappoint when it comes to their performance as they’re magical live and have this hilarious banter about them which always has me chuckling. I don’t think that they get the recognition they truly deserve because a lot of people they ‘Oh it’s just covers that’s boring/ easy’ but they put such an unusual spin on the tracks, change up the melodies, smash songs together and it’s far from ‘easy’.

On Saturday 22nd April I headed to the Kentish Town Forum to catch one of my favourite bands Bury Tomorrow play what I believe to be their biggest show in London. The show wasn’t quite sold out which meant we were able to make a decision to go upstairs and sit for the show as opposed to being crushed in the standing area. Is this officially a sign that I’m getting old?! The band were amazing, although I have to admit I don’t know their latest album as well as their older ones, probably should have listened to it first. The band were supported by Any Given Day who I didn’t really pay much attention to, Black Peaks who were sensational, I’ve not really seen them much before but they blew me away, and Crossfaith who are always fun to see.

The final show of the month came from Counterfeit. On Wednesday 26th we headed to another Camden venue – Underworld – to catch the punk rockers destroy the small venue. The support acts were nothing special but the main act wasΒ amazing. I’d seen the band at the larger Electric Ballroom last year and I have to say this show was 10 times better with Jamie jumping in the crowd, inciting mosh pits, getting over technical difficulties without issue and generally being an awesome frontman. I have massive love for this band as with only one album of material they managed to smash a show which a lot of bands wouldn’t manage.

May 2, 2017

• Reply Stephanie Merry

You’ve seen so many bands lately! I only have one gig planned this year, and that’s Adele at Wembley in July x

May 3, 2017 at 8:58 am
  • Reply Deborah Nicholas

Oh wow it feels like years since i last saw a band live! It sounds like youve had a good month!

May 3, 2017 at 2:58 pm
  • Reply Melanie Edjourian

I haven’t seen any music groups in ages. I think the last person I saw perform was Jessie J and she was amazing!

May 3, 2017 at 8:32 pm
  • Reply Alison Rost

I miss seeing live music. When my husband and I were first dating we went all of the time .. I think we need to start again. There’s nothing quite like it

May 4, 2017 at 5:17 am
  • Reply Rachel Nicole

I love seeing live bands, I love how you’ve always got something going on! xo

May 4, 2017 at 2:37 pm
  • Reply Ana De Jesus

It has been a while since I went to a gig and I certainly miss those days. Who would you say has been your favorite act to see so far? x

May 4, 2017 at 3:05 pm
  • Reply Melanie Williams

Not been to a gig in like forever, but sounds like you clearly know your stuff here and have a fab line up πŸ™‚ x

May 4, 2017 at 3:06 pm
  • Reply Shannon Ritchie

Bury Tomorrow sound fantastic, I haven’t been to a gig in ages!

May 4, 2017 at 5:48 pm
  • Reply Candice Nikeia

I love going to concerts especially when they are of my favorite artist! So glad you has such an amazing time!

May 4, 2017 at 7:14 pm
  • Reply With Love, Lottie

I haven’t been to a concert in forever! Glad you had a wonderful time. Concerts create such great memories.

May 5, 2017 at 4:46 pm
  • Reply Dani / floraldanielle

You’ve seen loads of amazing bands!
    I saw Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes last month, but now I think I’m not seeing any until 2000 trees festival in July πŸ™‚

Dani x

May 7, 2017 at 8:35 pm
  • Reply Angela Milnes

I love seeing bands with my hubby its one of our bonding time and we love listening music but when i get pregnant i cannot watch band again and i miss it.

May 8, 2017 at 8:32 am
  • Reply Cassie @ Be Forever Healthier

My partner loves heavy metal and drags me along to heaps of live shows haha. I secretly don’t hate it but don’t tell him that πŸ˜› These concerts all look great, and no I don’t believe opting to sit down instead of being crushed it a sign of getting old, it just means you’re smart!

May 9, 2017 at 5:52 am
  • Reply Savi and Vid

Always impressed by the number of gigs you manage to attend πŸ™‚ Reminds me I should book a concert ticket soon.

May 9, 2017 at 6:20 am
  • Reply Robin Rue

You have gone to see so many shows!! I Have a few concerts lined up this summer – U2, NKOTB and Train πŸ™‚

May 9, 2017 at 9:28 am
  • Reply Marcie Wirtz Cheung

Wow! You made up for lost time with all those concerts! I haven’t been to one in about 3 years. Maybe I should see who’s coming to Seattle soon!

May 9, 2017 at 2:19 pm
  • Reply Kristina Pache-Ferency

I love concerts! It’s been a while since I went to one. I think 3-4 years. Music is great!

May 9, 2017 at 2:40 pm
  • Reply Kindness In Demand

Wow what an exciting month. It sounds like fun! I never go to concerts but whenever I hear someone talking about one I always remind myself that I should go to one.

May 9, 2017 at 3:57 pm
  • Reply Dani

The Lounge Kittens sound like a band right up my alley! I haven’t been to a good concert in awhile but I can’t wait for this summer as the summer concert lineup in my neck of the woods is looking amazing!

May 9, 2017 at 4:11 pm
  • Reply Angela Tolsma

WOW 3 shows it’s amazing. I think I go to like one a year! The Lounge Kittens sound awesome, I love when there’s awesome women on stage!

May 9, 2017 at 4:36 pm
  • Reply Bernetta

I love a good concert. The last one I went to in Atlanta. It seems like your April was a full on blast!

May 9, 2017 at 4:42 pm
  • Reply shoshana sue

I last attended a concert 3 years ago (sad I know haha) Glad to hear the Lounge Kittens show was not sold out and gave you room to move around. Sold out shows are great for the bands but not for the fans.

May 10, 2017 at 8:08 am
  • Reply PrimeBeauty

It’s been so long since I attended a concert. I do love seeing a great band, especially when they are playing at some fabulous venue.

May 10, 2017 at 12:11 pm
  • Reply Nikki Arnold

This sounds like lots of fun!! I haven’t been to any music shows in a couple years. I need to put that on my list.

May 10, 2017 at 2:49 pm
  • Reply Mommy Engineering

Sounds like a lot of fun! There’s a good music venue downtown where I live and we always go! So much fun πŸ™‚

May 10, 2017 at 7:09 pm
  • Reply Brandi Puga

HOw fun! I haven’t gone to a live concert in ages, its something I would love to start again, they do great FREE outdoor concerts every Friday near our house so we should really do it!

May 10, 2017 at 8:15 pm
  • Reply Terri Steffes

I saw my husband’s band last weekend at a local bar. Something happened that has never happened in the 30+ years he’s been playing: the crowd collected money and asked them to play a 4th set. It was wild!

May 10, 2017 at 8:37 pm
  • Reply Reesa Lewandowski

I used to LOVE going to concerts! It’s been forever!!! These sound awesome!

May 10, 2017 at 8:41 pm
  • Reply CourtneyLynne Storms

Omg nothing better than love music!!! Before my daughter was born I went to concerts whenever I could!!! Even if it was a genre I wasn’t into. It was still so fun

May 10, 2017 at 8:56 pm
  • Reply Aish Padihari

I.Love.Music. My kids love music too. My older one has been learning to play piano since he was 4. My dream concert is Adele.

May 10, 2017 at 9:59 pm
  • Reply Marceline Dementori

I miss going to concerts or watching live bands play! It’s really exciting and it’s fun too especially when you’re with friends. I think it’s nice that you got to watch a lot during April.

May 11, 2017 at 2:25 am
  • Reply Jean Standley

Sounnds like you’ve had a really great time when watching these bands! It’s been a while since I’ve been to a gig, you’ve inspired me to find out who is playing near me soon.

May 11, 2017 at 5:10 pm
  • Reply Heather

We haven’t seen a live music show in ages but would love to spend more time watching local bands play!

May 11, 2017 at 9:25 pm