Tasty Homecooked Meals With Cirio

Cirio Blog

For the past few months’ I’ve been spending more time having fresh home cooked meals than I have just bunging something in the oven. Part of this is a bid to be healthier and rely less on convenience food, and the other part of it lies in the fact that when you’re cooking with another person it instantly becomes more fun than fresh cooking on your own.

Tomato based products like passata, chopped tomatoes and puree’s are absolute staples in my cupboard and if I have less than 2 of each in there I do get a bit worried and run off to Tesco at the first chance I get – sad but true. So when the wonderful team at Cirio* contacted me and asked if I wanted to try out some of their products I couldn’t accept fast enough. As I go through them so often I tend to opt for own brand/ cheaper versions of tomato based products so it was a massive treat to get decent branded products.

I was pretty overwhelmed when I opted the box with three different types of chopped tomatoes (basic, with basil and with onions and garlic), passata, pizza sauce, variations of plum and chopped tomatoes and bottled passata. The later may seem like such a simple thing but it’s actually changed my life, I’d forever open a carton of passata and not use it all, put it in the fridge then end up throwing it away, so having it in a bottle so you just use what you need is such a clever idea.

Over the past month or so I’ve done a lot of cooking from Tomato and Garlic infused chicken to a Bacon wrapped lasagne and almost every time I do so I find myself reaching for something from the Cirio collection, so much so that it’s making me sad that I’m coming to the end of my items. I used to think you couldn’t tell the difference between a 30p basic’s passata and a branded version but I can wholeheartedly say there’s a difference and when you’re making fresh food it pays to go branded as you can taste the freshness of the tomato’s and I found when I added herbs and spices they infused into the food much better.

What are your must-have kitchen items?
May 19, 2017

• Reply Being Ashleigh

I love these products! We always use them on home made pizzas and the chopped tomatoes are great for pasta dishes.

May 20, 2017 at 10:45 am
  • Reply Whitney | AfroMermaidBlog.com

I think I used this product before, love it! Tomatoes are literally the base of everything I eat – stews to curries haha

May 20, 2017 at 7:47 pm
  • Reply Jessica Wilby

No exaggeration – I live off passata. It’s my base for EVERYTHING! Don’t think I’ve seen the bottle variety in my local Tesco though. I need to keep my eye out.

May 21, 2017 at 11:27 am
  • Reply Jo Wiggins

We have tomato based dishes at least 3 times a week – I much prefer them to creamy dishes x

May 21, 2017 at 5:57 pm
  • Reply Lorna Willcox

I always have tinned tomatoes in the house and use them for a lot of meals. Chopped tomatoes with herbs are my favourite.

May 21, 2017 at 6:08 pm
  • Reply Erin Ek Rush

I ALWAYS have some Cirio tinned tomatoes at hand. They are so useful!

May 21, 2017 at 7:53 pm
  • Reply Elizabeth

I am such a big fan of Cirio tomatoes! Their pomodorini make THE BEST shakshuka ever 🙂

May 22, 2017 at 6:25 am
  • Reply Healthy & Psyched

OMG! I never knew you could get tomatoes so many different ways!! This brand is totally my favourite though. I buy like 12 cans when it’s on offer!

May 22, 2017 at 7:18 am
  • Reply Deborah Nicholas

This is the brand we use, their passata is the best we have tried!

May 22, 2017 at 8:25 am
  • Reply Elodie

This speaks to my Italian half so much! I might have to give their products a go, but first, let me ask my dad for my grandma’s lasagna recipe! Ha!

– Elodie x

May 22, 2017 at 9:17 am
  • Reply Musings of a tired mummy...zzz

I love tomato sauces, brilliant range of products: I’ve tried some of them 🙂

May 22, 2017 at 10:41 am
  • Reply Rachel George

I haven’t tried this brand but I will keep an eye out for it now. Tomatoes are an excellent base for so many dishes.

May 22, 2017 at 5:31 pm
  • Reply Cliona Kelliher

Passata is actually a definite staple for me and I totally agree that good quality passata makes all the difference to the dish. I love the tomatoes flavoured with herbs or garlic too.

May 22, 2017 at 8:22 pm
  • Reply Jayne

We love Cirio tomatoes and always have some handy in our cupboard. Fab for pasta dishes x

May 23, 2017 at 7:43 am
  • Reply Milton Coyne

Interestingly, i seldom spot Cirio products in the market near my place although I am very much aware of these imported goodies… my aunt used to send us a box of cirio products .. i love them for my salsa and my mom’s homemade pizza ♥♥♥

May 23, 2017 at 1:13 pm
  • Reply This Mama...

All tomato products are a staple for me as I’m following Slimming World so they are a base for everything! I’ve never noticed the range in my local supermarket so I’ll have to keep an eye out for them

May 23, 2017 at 4:43 pm
  • Reply Ana De Jesus

Ah shame that you are running out. Passata is a common staple in my kitchen and it makes any dish taste 100 % better haha x

May 23, 2017 at 5:34 pm
  • Reply Nikki Hamilton

Passata is one of my must have items. I used it as a base sauce for turkey meatballs the other week and they were yum!

May 23, 2017 at 7:53 pm
  • Reply Cecile Blaireau

I always buy this brand. I think they are so nice and with not too much sugar. The bacon wrapped lasagne sounds yummy!

May 23, 2017 at 10:07 pm
  • Reply Kate Veggie Desserts

Tinned tomatoes (Cirio really are the best) are a must in my cupboard. Also chickpeas, red lentils and coconut milk!

May 24, 2017 at 12:23 pm
  • Reply Nayna Kanabar

I too love the cirio products and keep my larder well stocked with them.

May 24, 2017 at 3:06 pm
  • Reply Jessica Dearnley

I love Cirio products as you can make so many dishes with them, I always make sure I have some in my cupboards.

May 24, 2017 at 3:22 pm
  • Reply Mummy Times Two

I love tomatoes, in fact rarely cook without them, so will check out these products for sure!

May 24, 2017 at 8:03 pm
  • Reply Alison Rost

Lately my favorite meal has been a simple tomato sauce with lots of herbs, over zucchini spiraled noodles. When tomatoes aren’t in season, I’m always appreciative for great canned tomatoes, like these, to reach for x

May 25, 2017 at 12:46 am
  • Reply Shelley

The bacon wrapped lasagne sounds delicious – I use the products a lot too for curries and stuff, they are so handy to have in the cupboards! x

May 25, 2017 at 1:40 pm
  • Reply Helen Clark

Tomato based products like the Cirio range are staple in my kitchen cupboard too. I tend to pick the cheaper, supermarket brands but I’ll definitely give Cirio a go if it’s much nicer.

May 25, 2017 at 7:32 pm
  • Reply Rachel Nicole

Tomato and Garlic Infused Chicken sounds so yummy! You should write up some of your favourite recipes on here! xo

May 25, 2017 at 10:26 pm
  • Reply Angela Milnes

these are all looks interesting for me and I want to try this too I bet my hubby would love this he loves tomatoes so much.

May 26, 2017 at 8:41 am
  • Reply Zena's Suitcase

I hadn’t realised they had such a big range. I always have tomatoes of some variety in the cupboard as I cook with them all the time

May 26, 2017 at 7:18 pm