Treating Your Dad For Fathers’ Day With Debenhams

Treating Your Dad For Fathers’ Day With Debenhams

My dad is absolutely awful at treating himself and rarely ever buys himself things throughout the year (unlike my mum!) So when it come’s to occasions like Fathers’ Day I love to spoil my dad whenever possible. This year, in particular, I want to be very special because my dad was made redundant just before Christmas and I know he’s not feeling quite himself, he’d been there for about 20 years’, was very good at his job but the job just isn’t something which really exists very more which doesn’t help when looking for other jobs. A few weeks ago some gift cards* from Debenhams dropped through my letter box and it gave me a great excuse to treat my dad and even take him out on a little father-daughter spree.

There are a few Debenhams stores close by to me in Watford although I am so excited that we’re getting our own store within the next few years’ with a huge development happening in Watford Town Centre. Although it might be lethal having all those beauty brands so close to me *oops*.

I wanted to keep some treats and ideas as a surprise for my dad so chose some items without his knowledge but taking him into the store was lovely as he got the chance to have a look around and try on clothes, something he rarely does because we’re usually in too much of a rush. We opted to look at polo shirts as they’re a fantastic hybrid of smart, casual clothing and look really good both with jeans and smart work trousers and we picked up this beautiful Ben Sherman patterned polo shirt which fit perfectly. I definitely think men’s brands get a much better diversity of sizes than ladies versions.

Next up it was something super practical and we headed to the umbrella’s because my dad is awful with them always leaving them places or not taking one out because he doesn’t want to carry it. Because of this we picked up this tiny umbrella which is so small it can fit comfortably without notice into the inside pocket of a coat. With the Summer weather being so unpredictable I know that he’s going to get quite a bit of use out of this and I’m far less worried that it’s going to go walkabouts.

My dad was over the moon with his two items and he left the store with a spring in his step but he had no idea that I had another surprise up my sleeve. Debenhams not only sell some of the best clothing and accessories but they also sell experiences. Now I know how much my dad loves going out for nice dinners’ especially when it’s an excuse to be able to take my mum out and dress up so I booked an afternoon tea experience for two for them at a fancy London hotel. I decided against giving him this treat early so he’ll have to wait until month to find out where he’s heading but I can’t wait to see the look on his face as an experience like this is not something my dad would actively book himself as he’d think £79 is too much for an indulgent treat when in reality I think it’s well worth the price to see my parents relax.

You can check out more Fathers Day ideas right here.

Are you planning anything special for Father’s Day?

*Debenhams kindly provided me with the vouchers but all thoughts and opinions are my own

1. May 14, 2017 / 12:49 pm

Yes… it is almost time for Father’s Day and I know my dad is waiting patiently to see what he is going to get this year… I haven’t got around to deciding what we are going to do for him this year… been concentrating on my sister’s wedding in about a week and trying to keep her from going full out Sistazilla on everyone… so I need to get through that and than will concentrate on my beloved dad… whatever it is going to be… it will be spectacular!

2. May 14, 2017 / 2:02 pm

What a thoughtful gesture and a lovely idea to gift your dad such lovely gifts. I am sure the afternoon tea will be very much appreciated.

3. Hayley
    May 14, 2017 / 3:52 pm

What a lovely present! I’m sure he will love them!

4. May 14, 2017 / 8:42 pm

My Dad died when I was younger so I always feel a bit miserable on Father’s Day but I love the fact you’re treating your Dad so well!

5. Mummy Times Two
    May 14, 2017 / 8:53 pm

Great ideas, men are always so difficult to buy for so I really appreciate the inspiration!

6. Heather Staggs Garcia
    May 14, 2017 / 10:54 pm

It is so hard to find Father’s Day gifts! I’ve never heard of Debenhams but it looks like a store to find perfect gift items!

7. Dani
    May 14, 2017 / 11:10 pm

Oh these are some great father’s day gifts for when father’s day comes! It is around the
    corner if you think about it!

8. May 15, 2017 / 1:35 am

I don’t have plans but I see I need to start. Your post gives me a head start!

9. Becca Talbot
    May 15, 2017 / 2:38 pm

I didn’t know Debenhams did experiences either! Will have to check it out as have a few big birthdays coming up (as well as Father’s Day of course) 🙂 thanks for sharing x

10. May 15, 2017 / 4:05 pm

These ideas for Father’s day are fabulous! I love to spoil my dad on Father’s Day because it is generally the only time he allows it. Much like your Father, he spoils everyone except himself. So fun to be able to treat them as they sure do deserve it!

11. May 15, 2017 / 6:00 pm

Oh that shirt is gorgeous! Will have to keep an eye out for that one.

12. Bailey
    May 15, 2017 / 6:22 pm

That shirt is amazing! Thank you for getting me thinking about Father’s Day – It’s coming up fast!

13. TheLocdBella
    May 15, 2017 / 6:24 pm

This post was actually close to home. Before my father passed two years ago, my thoughts were to get him a shirt he can wear and feel confident in. It’s crazy because this looks like something he would wear.

14. Sarah (Whimsical Mumblings)
    May 15, 2017 / 8:28 pm

These are lovely gift ideas! I haven’t even THOUGHT about Father’s Day yet! Oh dear! And I’ve got two dads to buy for! My dad, and my OH!

15. May 15, 2017 / 8:31 pm

I’ve not even thought about Father’s Day yet, thanks for the reminder! I love the idea of an experience day as a gift, hope your Dad enjoys himself! 🙂

16. Mai C.
    May 16, 2017 / 4:53 am

I think it’s really sweet of you to take your dad shopping. It’s awesome to be able to surprise them as well. They do so much for us and this is one of the best ways to give back.

17. May 16, 2017 / 2:04 pm

It’s my dad’s birthday today, so I think for Father’s Day, I’ll get him a nice shirt 🙂

18. May 16, 2017 / 6:02 pm

You have some wonderful picks here – loving the shirt! I mean – I’m in love with it haha! My dad wouldn’t wear it but I might just need to drag my boyfriend to Debenhams to try it on:) x

19. Kindness In Demand
    May 16, 2017 / 7:22 pm

These are great choices. Father’s day is such a hard holiday to shop for. I feel like shirts are always a good pick. Especially if you have a guy who hates shopping.

20. May 18, 2017 / 6:35 pm

These are some wonderful choices for fathers day, my step dad would like the shirt so I think il get that for him.