Five Things I Did This Week
- On Tuesday evening I had a well overdue catch up with a couple of friends which included burgers in Camden and plenty of chats. I can’t believe how quickly time goes when it comes to properly catching up with friends. The burgers were so bizarre though as they were smoked so came out with glass domes over them to keep the smoke inside.
- On Wednesday I managed to make a massive dent on the Slam Dunk coverage I was sorting out for my music site – mosh.hitthefloor.com – alongside this I managed to have a bit of a relaxing including a bath and an early night for me.
- On Friday evening I headed to Wembley with my best friend to have dinner and then head to see the new Pirates of the Carribean film. Now I had really low expectations for the film but it wasn’t actually that bad, although I hope Disney have now drawn their line under the Pirates movies.
- Saturday saw me heading up to Birmingham for another weekend, this time I had a lovely brunch, finally got round to doing the Jewellery Quarter Museum which I had been meaning to do and then I mixed in some shopping. I then headed to the NEC to meet my other half for dinner and a hotel stay.
- On Sunday I headed to the UK Games Expo for the day with my other half and two of his friends, and we managed to play an awesome game called Mansions of Madness which I am a little obsessed with.
Five Great Things To Happen
- With all of my flat clearing out the next section to be given a spring clean was all of my toiletries and skincare, and my god I had so much more than I realized. I don’t think I’ll have to buy shower gel for about two years haha. I managed to clear out some older bits and move things around so I have a better idea of what I have.
- This week was great for blog collaborations and I am so excited for some of the impending posts which I am planning for the next few months. I am trying to push as much as I can into my blog and it’s slowly seeming to be paying off.
- After somehow managing with a 13.5 tog duvet for God knows how long I have finally invested in a lighter summer duvet and some brand new bedding to go alongside it and it’s so cool and fluffy. I did not want to get out of bed the morning after I put it on.
- I somehow managed to lose half a pound this week despite a wedding and two festivals during my week so I was very happy with that result.
- Me and my other half have booked tickets to see the Gorillaz live in London in December and I’m pretty excited. I saw them play once before headlining Glastonbury and it was such a fun show.
Five Things Which Sucked
- I still have piles of cardboard packaging in my spare room from my recent new unit and wardrobe which I still haven’t managed to take down to the rubbish. I almost forget it’s there for a while and then bam I walked into my spare room and it’s there.
- I’m having some issues with my Clear score report and getting access to it. I’m trying to push myself to save more and I wanted to see my credit score and everything break down but currently, it’s a bit tricky.
- I have been super busy at work today with me running two people’s jobs as it is and then my other manager being on holiday so I have felt a bit knackered this week.
- I have a drawer for my Ikea wardrobe which has been sat in my living room for about 2 weeks now and I still haven’t put it together. I am always so busy when I get home from work but I need to find time.
- I wanted to have all my packing for Paris and Download Festival done by the weekend but this just didn’t happen so I’ll have to finish it Monday night before my travels commence.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Have an early night on Thursday as it’s my one night home between Paris and Download.
- Start watching Orange Is The New Black which comes out on Friday.
- Enjoy every second of Download Festival as it may well be the only full weekend festival I do this summer.
- Have a good work out at the gym Monday as it will be the only chance I get to go.
- Try not to spend too much money on beauty products when I’m in Paris.