Last week was a bit of a crazy one as I went to Paris for a few days with a friend for some nostalgia filled gigs then I made my annual pilgrimage to Donington Park for Download Festival.
Five Things I Did This Week
- On Tuesday I made the journey over to Paris where we stayed in a brand new part of town and we spent our first evening at the beautiful Bataclan venue watching Simple Plan play their very first album in full. It was such a special show and made all the better by the support of Mallory Knox and Milestones.
- On Wednesday we spent some time exploring Paris which included a trip to the City Pharmacie which was as crazy as I had expected it to be, a lovely viewing over the city from the Montparnasse Tower and an amazing pizza lunch.
- Wednesday evening was gig number two in Paris and it was incredible. Good Charlotte headlined and it was an awesome set (although pretty much the same as last year’s shows), but they had amazing support including Issues and State Champs.
- On Thursday morning before we got our Eurostar back to London I managed to make a pilgrimage to Le Pain Des Idees bakery which I had been meaning to visit for ages and I had some of the best pastries I’ve ever eaten.
- Friday morning saw me drive to Derby ready for Download Festival. I happened to be staying in a hotel this year which was great and the weather was amazing for the three days of music.
Five Great Things To Happen
- When I was in Paris I had a mini pharmacy and Sephora spend but I didn’t go crazy which meant that I managed to come home with some left over money ready for my next trip.
- As the weather was so good at Download it made the experience so much more fun, I even managed to catch the sun a bit.
- I had three interviews over Download and they all went really well including meeting Lexi Foxx from Steel Panther, although I am very nervous about seeing myself interview him on YouTube. Eek.
- As I left Download Festival a bit early on the Sunday evening I got home at a reasonable time and wasn’t super duper tired on Monday morning.
- Good Charlotte have announced a tour for the beginning of November and my and my friend have already planned the three dates we want to go to and even provisionally booked hotels for Birmingham and Newcastle. Fun girl alert.
Five Things Which Sucked
- There was a police issue in my flat on Monday evening which meant I couldn’t go into my flat all evening which meant I had to go to my parents and couldn’t head to the gym like I had planned.
- As I was in a rush in between Paris and Download Festival I forgot to take my ID with me which meant I couldn’t have a well-deserved drink when I arrived on site.
- We had a lot of issues getting on site at Download on the Friday which meant we missed two interviews I had planned and a band that I really wanted to see.
- As I wasn’t in on Monday evening before Paris I didn’t have a chance to sort out things in my flat which means this week I need to do a lot of tidying up.
- I stupidly wore boots on the Friday of Download when I really didn’t need to and due to having no tights on I managed to hurt my leg where my boots rubbed.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Get back into going to the gym and healthy eating as I’ve been all over the place this past few weeks.
- Have at least two nights where I go to bed by 10.30pm to catch up on my sleep.
- Start watching Orange Is The New Black as I had no time to watch anything last week.
- Sort out my Download Festival content over the next week.
- Get my flat back into a tidy and organized haven again.