Five Things – Week 69

Last week was a bit of a crazy one as I went to Paris for a few days with a friend for some nostalgia filled gigs then I made my annual pilgrimage to Donington Park for Download Festival.

Five Things I Did This Week

• On Tuesday I made the journey over to Paris where we stayed in a brand new part of town and we spent our first evening at the beautiful Bataclan venue watching Simple Plan play their very first album in full. It was such a special show and made all the better by the support of Mallory Knox and Milestones.
  • On Wednesday we spent some time exploring Paris which included a trip to the City Pharmacie which was as crazy as I had expected it to be, a lovely viewing over the city from the Montparnasse Tower and an amazing pizza lunch.
  • Wednesday evening was gig number two in Paris and it was incredible. Good Charlotte headlined and it was an awesome set (although pretty much the same as last year’s shows), but they had amazing support including Issues and State Champs.
  • On Thursday morning before we got our Eurostar back to London I managed to make a pilgrimage to Le Pain Des Idees bakery which I had been meaning to visit for ages and I had some of the best pastries I’ve ever eaten.
  • Friday morning saw me drive to Derby ready for Download Festival. I happened to be staying in a hotel this year which was great and the weather was amazing for the three days of music.

Five Great Things To Happen

• When I was in Paris I had a mini pharmacy and Sephora spend but I didn’t go crazy which meant that I managed to come home with some left over money ready for my next trip.
  • As the weather was so good at Download it made the experience so much more fun, I even managed to catch the sun a bit.
  • I had three interviews over Download and they all went really well including meeting Lexi Foxx from Steel Panther, although I am very nervous about seeing myself interview him on YouTube. Eek.
  • As I left Download Festival a bit early on the Sunday evening I got home at a reasonable time and wasn’t super duper tired on Monday morning.
  • Good Charlotte have announced a tour for the beginning of November and my and my friend have already planned the three dates we want to go to and even provisionally booked hotels for Birmingham and Newcastle. Fun girl alert.

Download Festival

Five Things Which Sucked

• There was a police issue in my flat on Monday evening which meant I couldn’t go into my flat all evening which meant I had to go to my parents and couldn’t head to the gym like I had planned.
  • As I was in a rush in between Paris and Download Festival I forgot to take my ID with me which meant I couldn’t have a well-deserved drink when I arrived on site.
  • We had a lot of issues getting on site at Download on the Friday which meant we missed two interviews I had planned and a band that I really wanted to see.
  • As I wasn’t in on Monday evening before Paris I didn’t have a chance to sort out things in my flat which means this week I need to do a lot of tidying up.
  • I stupidly wore boots on the Friday of Download when I really didn’t need to and due to having no tights on I managed to hurt my leg where my boots rubbed.

Five Things To Do Next Week

• Get back into going to the gym and healthy eating as I’ve been all over the place this past few weeks.
  • Have at least two nights where I go to bed by 10.30pm to catch up on my sleep.
  • Start watching Orange Is The New Black as I had no time to watch anything last week.
  • Sort out my Download Festival content over the next week.
  • Get my flat back into a tidy and organized haven again.
What have you been up to this week?
June 12, 2017

• Reply Charlie Gray

I love the idea of this post… its so positive to reflect on what you’ve been up to and what you are going to do.

Would you believe I’ve never been to Paris, but it’s on my list, I’ll make it there one day!

June 12, 2017 at 10:42 am
  • Reply Lynne Harper

Loving your trip to Paris, its one of my favourite cities. My friend is just back from download and had an amazing time. So sorry you had issues at your home I hope all is resolved now

June 12, 2017 at 1:02 pm
  • Reply Sona Sethi

Boots are best to worn wen its super cold. I prefer boots with thermal lining as it keeps my feet soft and doesnot scratch my feet.

June 12, 2017 at 2:02 pm
  • Reply Cathy Glynn

It sounds exhausting even though it was lots of fun. You seem to have crammed so much in to the last week. I hope you get your home sorted so that you can have a relaxing week x

June 12, 2017 at 2:21 pm
  • Reply Joanna

I would love to spend a few days in Paris and discover it’s hidden corners (and the bakery you went to as well). Hopefully I will be able to do it soon.

June 12, 2017 at 2:30 pm
  • Reply theCuriousPixie

Oh how I love Paris. Glad you had a great time. Sorry to hear about your flat, hope it gets sorted soon.

June 12, 2017 at 3:47 pm
  • Reply Kara

I am so jealous, I would love to visit Paris as I have never been. Sounds like you have had a very busy week. Sorry to hear you some issues at download festival

June 12, 2017 at 7:40 pm
  • Reply Ana De Jesus

Ooh definitely watch Orange Is The New Black it is fab! In terms of Paris that sounds fab and how exciting that you got to interview artists at Download! xx

June 12, 2017 at 11:14 pm
  • Reply Ali Rost

Yay to coming back from a trip without having spent all of your money. I love it when this happens. Sending some good organizing vibes your way for the week! x

June 13, 2017 at 4:07 am
  • Reply Dennis Smits

I really like this blog! To be fair I have the same things to do every week, but it’s very hard 🙂

June 13, 2017 at 5:39 am
  • Reply Ohbeehave

Your week sounds like it was amazing! I saw Simple Plan a few years back (I say a few but it was probably more like 10) and they were so awesome. I haven’t ever had the chance to see Good Charlotte live before but I think they would be fantastic live too!

June 13, 2017 at 7:43 am
  • Reply Vladvaida.com

Well clearly your week was PRETTY amazing! What have I done — Did some work on blogging (I’ve been catching up pretty good so I’m proud of that), Went to school and to the gym! 🙂 And took and edited some pictures for future posts

June 13, 2017 at 9:36 am
  • Reply Angela Milnes

I am so jealous I want to visit there and looks that you had an awesome weekends my weekend was still loaded of work.

June 13, 2017 at 11:16 am
  • Reply Nazrin Miah

You’ve had a busy week! I’m pretty much just manage getting to work on time everyday!

June 13, 2017 at 1:31 pm
  • Reply Chei Pangan

How this is fun even if it is happy or sad. Oh how i wish i could go alone to the places i wanted even if just for a days. I deserve a break. 😀

June 13, 2017 at 1:54 pm
  • Reply Louise Smith

Lots of my friends were at the Download Festival last week and I was SO jealous! I’ve not been to a festival for so long. I need to get my ass back on the scene soon. It sounds like you had a good week, despite a few sucky things happening 🙂

Louise x

June 14, 2017 at 1:06 am
  • Reply London Mumma

What an awesome week you had. Would of loved to gone to Download in Paris.

June 14, 2017 at 3:55 am
  • Reply mydreamality

Simple Plan and Good Charlotte remind me so much of my early 20’s. They were my MySpace years, and they were so much fun, lol! It sounds like a brilliant week 69, except for forgetting your ID and missing that much deserved drink. 😉 x

June 14, 2017 at 12:07 pm
  • Reply Ickle Pickle

Your Paris trip sounds amazing – boo to forgetting your ID 🙁 I sooo need some early nights too. Kaz

June 14, 2017 at 7:15 pm
  • Reply Sarah D

good look getting organised – that’s my mission this week. I feel like we have so much ‘stuff’ to just sort x

June 15, 2017 at 10:43 am
  • Reply Jessica Lynn Martin

Sounds like you had a great time in Paris. I used to listen to Simple Plan and Good Charlotte in high school. Both are great bands.
    I’m so sorry there was a police issue at your flat, hopefully it is resolved.
    I just started Orange is the New Black, the new season. So far it is good. You will enjoy it.

June 15, 2017 at 11:44 am
  • Reply Jenny

Oh my goodness you have been so busy. I don’t think I could survive with your busy lifestyle! 🙂

June 15, 2017 at 7:00 pm
  • Reply Sarah (Whimsical Mumblings)

You have such a busy life! It sounds amazing though. Your Paris trip sounds awesome!

June 15, 2017 at 10:36 pm
  • Reply AMIT AGRAWAL

Very organized and great tips for us. I will also organize myself like this.

June 16, 2017 at 10:09 am
  • Reply Tamsin - Eco Fluffy Mama

Busy still unpacking after moving. I hate unpacking.

June 17, 2017 at 9:35 pm
  • Reply Becca Talbot

Sounds like you’ve had a full on, non-stop week with lots of music and travelling and planning lol! Mine’s been a good week too – I have been working on the blog, met up with a friend on Thursday night to go to a Dirty Dancing open air cinema showing, and did a mini pub crawl with two other friends yesterday (with a picnic to start and a mid-way pit stop at Sprinkles, a new gelato place in Reading). I’ve also booked my flights and accommodation for my last two countries in my 30 before 30 mission! Hooray! x

June 18, 2017 at 4:50 pm
  • Reply Ana De Jesus

Oh no sorry to hear that there was a police issue in your flat but it sounds like you had a lot of fun in Paris, hope you had a good weekend x

June 18, 2017 at 5:06 pm