Five Things – Week 70

Five Things I Did This Week

• On Tuesday evening me and my other half headed to his friend’s house so I could experience one of their D&D nights which was lots of fun and showed me how a game can work when you’re not just starting out.
  • Wednesday saw me take a trip to Kensington to catch up with one of my closest and oldest friends’ at London’s night food market. It was great to catch up and taste loads of food including a charcoal truffle burger and some mac and cheese balls. Yummy.
  • Thursday evening was an event that I’d been waiting ages for and that was Hans Zimmer at Wembley Arena. If you don’t know Hans is a film score composer and write a lot of the music for The Lion King, Pirates of the Carribean, The Dark Knight, Inception and so much more and watching him and his orchestra play so many iconic tracks was incredible.
  • Saturday was a London day for me and my other half which included a breakfast trip to the Cereal Cafe, a morning scaring at the London Dungeons, an explore around the DC Bricks Lego exhibition on Southbank and a lovely late lunch at the Southbank Market. It was a lovely sunny day and it was great to spend a day out and about.
  • Finally, the weekend ended with some family time as it was Father’s Day on Sunday. My brother was actually on a stag do over the weekend so it was just me and my parent’s but we had a lovely meal and a nice catch-up. I count myself so lucky to have the amazing parents that I do and it’s always nice to spend time with them.

Five Great Things To Happen

• I bought Good Charlotte tickets for their London and Birmingham shows later this year. I’m going to be doing three dates on the tour and it’s going to be so much fun.
  • The Summer New Look sale went live last week and I managed to grab some great bargains and the great thing was a decent amount of the stuff fitted and won’t be going back *hooray*
  • The Friday of my friend’s wedding coming up is when we all get our henna done and we needed a floor length, sleeveless, colourful dress which are three clothing requirements I do not own, but thankfully I ordered a brand new dress and it fits and looks great. I am so happy that it’s one less thing I need to worry about doing.
  • My other half brought round his Amazon Stick which is full of movies so I can start ticking some off my list of must sees. This weekend we watched High Fidelity which I really enjoyed and The Incredibles as somehow I’d not seen it.
  • I got back into cooking at home a bit more especially when my other half is home with me, we made some amazing Honey Chicken on Friday and a chicken, bacon and sausage pasta on Saturday evening.

cereal cafe

Five Things Which Sucked

• My other half had to work a couple of night’s last week so we didn’t get to spend as much time together as I’d have liked with less lazy evenings in. As we spend quite a lot of time together it can be weird when we go more than a few days apart.
  • My week at work flew by and I have no idea where the days disappeared to. While I love being super busy it’s getting full of pressure so I hope I can pull this month off and then it’s about prioritizing tasks.
  • I feel like last week I was burning the candle at both ends so have felt a little run down/ exhausted. I need to make more time for myself and not commit to going out almost every night.
  • My sleeping pattern has been awful, barely any mornings did I wake up early like I wanted to so I wasn’t quite as productive as I’d have liked to be.
  • I still haven’t finished watching Orange Is The New Black despite it being out for about 10 days by now. I am really enjoying the new season but I want to finish it really quickly.

Five Things To Do Next Week

• Add my pile of items I have sorted through to Ebay. I have been doing loads of clears outs so I might as well try and make a little cash from it.
  • Sort out my expenses and payments from last tax year so I can file my tax return. I was so good and had it done within a few weeks’ last year but I’m lagging now.
  • Pack for Liverpool where I am spending a nice weekend away with my parents.
  • Sort out and wrap present’s for my other halves mum and sister as they’re both later this month.
  • Finish sorting through all of my clothes and boxing up stuff which doesn’t fit for storage so I can free up some space.
What have you been up to this week?
June 19, 2017

• Reply Freya Farrington

what a fun list and great idea! It’s always important to reflect on what each day and each week has achieved! Plus, I’ve always wanted to go to the London Dungeons what were they like??

June 19, 2017 at 10:41 am
    • Reply Rhian Westbury

They were really interesting and while a little jumpy not as scary as I thought they’d be x

June 23, 2017 at 9:06 am
  • Reply Melanie Edjourian

I really want to go along to that night market. I’m such a foodie I’m sure it would be great fun.

June 19, 2017 at 8:38 pm
  • Reply Ana De Jesus

Sorry to hear that your sleeping pattern has not been very good. On the plus side yay to London Dungeons I am a big fan x

June 19, 2017 at 9:54 pm
  • Reply Amalia

How cool you got to see Hans Zimmer! Can’t wait to see him in Copenhagen now…don’t worry about things that sucked, better days are coming!

June 19, 2017 at 10:26 pm
  • Reply Jana Rose Carrero

Can I just say how much I love this idea of listing your highs, lows, and things to look forward to? Really puts everything in perspective!

June 19, 2017 at 11:32 pm
  • Reply Nicole Anderson

Well you certainly did have an interesting and eventful week. My partner is a huge fan of Hans Zimmer and I enjoy his music too so that would have been amazing. You really have to make sure you free up some nights though to catch up on some sleep you need to stay healthy. Hope you have a great time in Liverpool with your parents.

June 20, 2017 at 12:26 am
  • Reply Sona Sethi

I really like how you structure your thoughts and put out what you are gonna do next week. This really makes the commitment to deliver.

June 20, 2017 at 1:00 am
  • Reply Chei Pangan

Oh i always wanted to go on night market. It is so much fun especially it has lots of foods.

June 20, 2017 at 8:36 am
  • Reply Britta

Sounds like all in all you had an awesome, fun packed week! Liverpool is lovely, you should go to Leaf cafe, it is my favourite place!

June 20, 2017 at 10:16 am
  • Reply Angela Milnes

This is so cool and I love all your list until next week I love to learn on how to do a commitment like yours.

June 20, 2017 at 2:05 pm
  • Reply Samantha

This is such a cool post! I love your lists and it looks like you had a really busy week! Have a great weekend in Liverpool and have fun at the wedding!

June 20, 2017 at 4:19 pm
  • Reply Sabrina Barbante

i envy your way to make lists and remember the great things you did! It’s a great way to be truly happy with it and to plan ahead!

June 20, 2017 at 4:25 pm
  • Reply ElizOF

I love the way you share your life in sets of five… It is a neat way to get organized in your head and then get manageable things done. Enjoy your Good Charlotte shows. You’d love it!

June 20, 2017 at 11:26 pm
  • Reply Lukeosaurus And Me

Oh what a great way to share your life! In desperately wanted to buy Good Charlotte tickets for Southampton but I don’t have the money right now 🙁 I am however seeing Blink 182 in 4 weeks! That food market in London sounds amazing too!

June 22, 2017 at 11:28 am
    • Reply Rhian Westbury

Oh where are you seeing Blink? I’m seeing them at the O2!

June 23, 2017 at 9:03 am
  • Reply Helen Clark

You’ve had a busy week! I’m not surprised you’re feeling a bit burnt out. I hope you manage to get a bit more chill out time this week and spend more time with your other half too.
    I love the sound of the food you had at the night market, the mac n cheese balls sound like heaven! x

June 22, 2017 at 3:04 pm
  • Reply Kate Elizabeth Redfern

Cor you’ve had a busy week! I really must sort out my stuff to eBay too! Thanks for the reminder. Kate http://www.fivelittlestars.com

June 22, 2017 at 6:32 pm
  • Reply Jenny

I loved the DC Bricks Lego exhibition, I need to go back and see it again!

June 22, 2017 at 7:28 pm
    • Reply Rhian Westbury

I want to go back again on a day which isn’t as hot as they had no air conditioning but it’s only on until September x

June 23, 2017 at 9:03 am
  • Reply Cassandra Mayers

I Love this post you do each week. Such a good idea to reflect back over the week. Im not sure mine would be as interesting as yours though. Be more like Monday – “Tidy up after Lily” Tuesday – ” Tidy up after Lily” hahaa

June 22, 2017 at 7:49 pm
  • Reply jennifuchs

Sounds like a good week. You’ve reminded me I must re-watch the Incredibles!

June 22, 2017 at 8:40 pm
  • Reply Sarah (Whimsical Mumblings)

Mac & Cheese balls sound amazing! Super busy but fun filled week as usual I see!

June 22, 2017 at 10:51 pm
  • Reply Healthy & Psyched

Did your burger have charcoal bread? I’m so interested to try it. Sounds like you have had a nice week overall 🙂

June 23, 2017 at 2:43 pm
  • Reply Rachel George

Sounds like a great week. Mine has not been so interesting, mainly due to a child recovering from surgery and not sleeping well. My week has involved a lot of coffee!

June 23, 2017 at 3:45 pm
  • Reply Evelina Vilke

Sounds like a great and very productive week. Mine was so busy that I can’t believe it’s weekend already.

June 23, 2017 at 7:12 pm
  • Reply Sarah D

hope you manage to get stuff onto ebay – I had a big clear out of stuff this week – it’s very satisfying getting sorted x

June 23, 2017 at 7:26 pm
  • Reply mummyslittlemonkey

Another busy week! I totally relate to the bad sleeping – I’ve gotten myself really behind this week because I haven’t been able to drag myself out of bed! X

June 23, 2017 at 8:26 pm
  • Reply kerry norris

Looks like a good week. I bet the hans zimmer show was amazing. My week was busy but I didn’t get a lot done if that makes sense x

June 24, 2017 at 9:36 am
  • Reply Battlemum

That sounds like a very productive week. I’ve had a busy week but it feels like I got nothing done, it was mainly alot of running around. We’re hoping to head to the beach next week, so fingers crossed!

June 24, 2017 at 10:21 am
  • Reply globetrotterjen

Sounds like an exciting week! i keep meaning to try the cereal cafe, we have one in brum

June 27, 2017 at 9:11 pm