Five Things I Did This Week
- On Tuesday evening me and my other half headed to his friend’s house so I could experience one of their D&D nights which was lots of fun and showed me how a game can work when you’re not just starting out.
- Wednesday saw me take a trip to Kensington to catch up with one of my closest and oldest friends’ at London’s night food market. It was great to catch up and taste loads of food including a charcoal truffle burger and some mac and cheese balls. Yummy.
- Thursday evening was an event that I’d been waiting ages for and that was Hans Zimmer at Wembley Arena. If you don’t know Hans is a film score composer and write a lot of the music for The Lion King, Pirates of the Carribean, The Dark Knight, Inception and so much more and watching him and his orchestra play so many iconic tracks was incredible.
- Saturday was a London day for me and my other half which included a breakfast trip to the Cereal Cafe, a morning scaring at the London Dungeons, an explore around the DC Bricks Lego exhibition on Southbank and a lovely late lunch at the Southbank Market. It was a lovely sunny day and it was great to spend a day out and about.
- Finally, the weekend ended with some family time as it was Father’s Day on Sunday. My brother was actually on a stag do over the weekend so it was just me and my parent’s but we had a lovely meal and a nice catch-up. I count myself so lucky to have the amazing parents that I do and it’s always nice to spend time with them.
Five Great Things To Happen
- I bought Good Charlotte tickets for their London and Birmingham shows later this year. I’m going to be doing three dates on the tour and it’s going to be so much fun.
- The Summer New Look sale went live last week and I managed to grab some great bargains and the great thing was a decent amount of the stuff fitted and won’t be going back *hooray*
- The Friday of my friend’s wedding coming up is when we all get our henna done and we needed a floor length, sleeveless, colourful dress which are three clothing requirements I do not own, but thankfully I ordered a brand new dress and it fits and looks great. I am so happy that it’s one less thing I need to worry about doing.
- My other half brought round his Amazon Stick which is full of movies so I can start ticking some off my list of must sees. This weekend we watched High Fidelity which I really enjoyed and The Incredibles as somehow I’d not seen it.
- I got back into cooking at home a bit more especially when my other half is home with me, we made some amazing Honey Chicken on Friday and a chicken, bacon and sausage pasta on Saturday evening.
Five Things Which Sucked
- My other half had to work a couple of night’s last week so we didn’t get to spend as much time together as I’d have liked with less lazy evenings in. As we spend quite a lot of time together it can be weird when we go more than a few days apart.
- My week at work flew by and I have no idea where the days disappeared to. While I love being super busy it’s getting full of pressure so I hope I can pull this month off and then it’s about prioritizing tasks.
- I feel like last week I was burning the candle at both ends so have felt a little run down/ exhausted. I need to make more time for myself and not commit to going out almost every night.
- My sleeping pattern has been awful, barely any mornings did I wake up early like I wanted to so I wasn’t quite as productive as I’d have liked to be.
- I still haven’t finished watching Orange Is The New Black despite it being out for about 10 days by now. I am really enjoying the new season but I want to finish it really quickly.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Add my pile of items I have sorted through to Ebay. I have been doing loads of clears outs so I might as well try and make a little cash from it.
- Sort out my expenses and payments from last tax year so I can file my tax return. I was so good and had it done within a few weeks’ last year but I’m lagging now.
- Pack for Liverpool where I am spending a nice weekend away with my parents.
- Sort out and wrap present’s for my other halves mum and sister as they’re both later this month.
- Finish sorting through all of my clothes and boxing up stuff which doesn’t fit for storage so I can free up some space.