Five Things – Week 71

beatles statue

Five Things I Did This Week

• On Monday evening I had a fairly lazy evening in which included finishing the new season of OITNB and ordering pizza. I was going to have a bath but I didn’t fancy a cold one, and it was far too warm for a normal bath.
  • On Wednesday evening after a super hot day I got back into a gym routine and did some cycling followed by an aqua aerobics class. I want to get into better habits but at the moment I’m happy enough to be going at all.
  • On Friday I headed up to Liverpool after work to meet my parents and to be honest the journey was so peaceful. It only took 2 hours 20 mins from Euston which is crazy and I managed to read and just relax.
  • Saturday was our main exploring day in Liverpool where we managed to do the British Music Experience which was amazing, The Mersey Ferry, the open-top bus, explore the harbor and piers and have an amazing dinner.
  • On Sunday we had a slightly more chilled day ahead of going home which included exploring the Beatles Experience and going up the Radio City Tour for views of the city.

Five Great Things To Happen

• I managed to get tickets to see Queens of the Stone Age when they tour later this year. They’re not the best tickets, but they’re also not the worse so I’m pretty happy. They were also pretty cheap for the O2 Arena.
  • After choosing Prague for our long weekend away in September me and my friend booked our flights. We managed to nab some great times getting us in super late Friday and leaving Monday night so almost three full days.
  • I managed to get through sorting out the third and final one of my wardrobes which means everything which I want to get rid of/ sell has been pulled out and anything that I’m keeping but doesn’t fit me is stored away.
  • I have some awesome plans for what I am going to do with my balcony including buying the first item for it which is a stone gnome holding a guitar, it’s much nicer than it sounds and not tacky at all.
  • I booked my tickets to see the new Spiderman movie on the day it comes out. I’m heading to the Odeon Imax again and I can not wait for it!

Five Things Which Sucked

• I know the British complain regardless of the weather and I’m going to be a cliché but it was too hot this week and it made it very difficult to get to sleep. I definitely didn’t have the easiest sleep this week.
  • I ended up canceling plans with my friend on Monday evening as I just felt a little exhausted and I didn’t want to push myself and end up feeling ill so I made the decision to stay in.
  • I forgot to charge the battery of my camera up for our second day in Liverpool so I had to resort to using my phone so I know my photos won’t be as good a quality.
  • My kitchen cupboards still seem to be a mess so I need to pull absolutely everything out and have a proper massive sort out.
  • I still haven’t got around to sorting out my denim jackets so have a pile of patches/ badges that need sorting out into the right places.

Five Things To Do Next Week

• Measure up the space I’ve got for a new sofa so I know the kind of thing I am looking for. I think it will be a good while before I can afford to get a new sofa but I want to start prepping in advance so I know what I can afford to get.
  • Try somewhere new for dinner before me and my friend go and see Aladdin on Tuesday.
  • Finish sorting out my other halves bedroom at home so it’s nicer to stay in and is tidier.
  • Catch up with all of my end of month stats and reports so I am not behind going into a new week.
  • Officially file my tax return. I’ve sort out all my spreadsheets now and worked out what I made and what I owe, I just need to physically file it all off.
What have you been up to this week?
June 26, 2017

• Reply Robin Rue

Seeing Liverpool must have been so amazing. I am a huge Beatles fan, so I would LOVE that.

June 26, 2017 at 11:31 am
  • Reply Marcie

The British Music Experience sounds right up our alley! Visiting Liverpool seems like such an iconic trip that we’d love to do someday!

June 26, 2017 at 5:31 pm
  • Reply Karen Morse

Love that you had a fantastic week! Prague is an amazing choice for a vacation. There’s definitely so much to be excited about in the coming weeks!

June 26, 2017 at 6:12 pm
  • Reply Nikki

You had a super busy week! Most of my week was like your Sunday…lazy! Okay, that’s not true, we did go to a theme park last Tuesday! I was so exhausted from it, though, that I didn’t do much the rest of the week!

June 26, 2017 at 7:53 pm
  • Reply Cassie Liz

Sounds like an awesome week and good that you still had some downtime! Sometimes we can run ourselves ragged and what for? Know your body! Liverpool does sound like a lovely trip!

June 26, 2017 at 8:26 pm
  • Reply Janel Berchielli

Sounds like you had quite the adventure. Oh I hate when I forget to charge my camera battery and don’t realize it until it’s too late .

June 26, 2017 at 9:22 pm
  • Reply Andrea Broom

So happy you had a wonderful time! It sounds like you had an amazing adventure. you seem to have had a great week! and having time to relax is always needed. WOW prague is somewhere I would love to go to.

June 27, 2017 at 12:53 am
  • Reply Jessi Joachim

looks like you had a really good week! The Beatles experience seems like it would be awesome! I am a huge Beatles fan.

June 27, 2017 at 1:05 am
  • Reply michenn

I need to get back into a gym routine! It’s hard when it’s really hot, the motivation just isn’t there!

June 27, 2017 at 1:48 am
  • Reply shoshana sue

Aww what a heart warming way to end the week by meeting your parents. And most of all , the trip was peaceful. You have a great week and I hope you have an even greater one this week. All the best with the tax returns 🙂

June 27, 2017 at 9:05 am
  • Reply Ana De Jesus

It seems like you had a wonderful week for the most part and it must have been nice to catch up with the family. I am looking forward to the new Spiderman movie as well x

June 27, 2017 at 10:23 am
  • Reply Terri Steffes

When I read your list, I smile because all of this is in LONDON, which, how bad can it be? Hugs, I know life can be off no matter what side of the pond you live one!

June 27, 2017 at 1:36 pm
  • Reply Tiffany MrsTee Haywood

I love this idea for a post! So fun and a great way to recap a week in a unique style. I need a lazy evening and I wish I had enough denim jackets to warrant sorting…LOL Good luck on all your goals for the upcoming week.

June 27, 2017 at 1:37 pm
  • Reply Journa Ramirez

Love that even if some things sucked, you were still able to manage and look at those great things. Yes. Love that attitude

June 27, 2017 at 4:06 pm
  • Reply Brittany Muddamalle

I love that you list t all off. Even a hard week can be better if you focus on all of the positive hints that happened as wel.

June 27, 2017 at 5:15 pm
  • Reply PrimeBeauty

I keep telling myself I want to go through my wardrobe again and get rid of things I don’t wear or don’t love. I’ve done it once before, but I feel like I could pair it down even more.

June 27, 2017 at 7:44 pm
  • Reply Kristina Pache-Ferency

Just busy with the kids. Doing some cooking and baking for the blog and planning some fun things to do this week and next as a family.

June 27, 2017 at 10:57 pm
  • Reply Jenny

You are so organised with your travels. Prague is beautiful, I have some happy memories of a trip there.

June 28, 2017 at 9:55 am
  • Reply Jeanine @ sixtimemommy.com

I have forgot the battery in my camera multiple times and each time I seriously could cry. Always at the worst times!

June 28, 2017 at 3:49 pm
  • Reply Amanda Love

It’s always nice to be able to spend some time with your parents. I miss them so much and I wish I could do that. It looks like you are fully booked!

June 28, 2017 at 4:10 pm
  • Reply Rachel George

This week I set myself 5 things to do which were all things I should have done two weeks ago. Inspired by you, and I completed them already!

June 28, 2017 at 7:03 pm
  • Reply Heather

This week has been packed full of work commitments for me but it’s because I’m doing my very best to wrap things up before we head out on a long California road trip tomorrow afternoon. I’m excited for vacation!

June 28, 2017 at 7:04 pm
  • Reply Trisha Rawlings

I really like the layout of this post and it’s such a good idea to keep track of goals and what’s going on in your life! I think I may have to start implementing something similar for myself!

June 29, 2017 at 1:55 am
  • Reply Rachel Catherine

I love the five things of each! I ask my daughter each night what her favorite thing each day was and what made her sad. This post is like an adult version of it. 🙂

June 29, 2017 at 2:04 am
  • Reply Lauretta

Good to hear you’re able to go back to your gym routine. Everybody’s busy nowadays and sometimes it’s hard to squeeze this in. You must really be motivated!

June 29, 2017 at 11:18 am
  • Reply Jennifer Eastwell

This is a really nice post 🙂 well done of getting back into your gym routine. I’ve decided I’m going to start to do some exercise twice a week. I start this weekend by swimming and Tuesdays I will start building myself up to go running! I love OITNB 🙂 I binged watched it so quick!

June 29, 2017 at 11:38 am
  • Reply Ting

How exciting about your new sofa. I’ve been wanting to change ours for ages but Mr Ting still loves our knackered old couch! Tx

June 29, 2017 at 8:39 pm
  • Reply CourtneyLynne Storms

Omg a weekend getaway to Prague!!! That will be pretty epic. I hope to take a trip there one day

June 29, 2017 at 9:21 pm
  • Reply Rachel Nicole

Oooh so jealous you are visiting Prague, that’ll be so much fun! xo

June 30, 2017 at 7:17 pm
  • Reply Beach Hut Cook

Kitchen cupboard sort out? I’m guilty of not doing this on repeat! Elinor

June 30, 2017 at 8:50 pm
  • Reply Char❤️

This is a super cool post! I feel like doing something like this would be really helpful for people who have depression/anxiety (like myself) who lack motivation & cant see the good in our lives sometimes. Maybe I’ll give it a try 🙂 PS what did you think of this season of OITNB?

June 30, 2017 at 10:07 pm
  • Reply Jeannette

This week, I was so busy with work and then multiple doctors’ appointments. Hopefully things will be better soon and I can have some fun!

June 30, 2017 at 11:01 pm
  • Reply Angela Milnes

Looks like you had a great week there and it really looks a nice place to visit with my family.

July 1, 2017 at 6:33 am