May Live Shows And The Start Of Festival Season

Don Broco-29
Photo taken by Mosh photographer Graham Berry

My month of music started pretty late with Twin Atlantic on Tuesday 23rd May at the Brixton Electric. I haven’t given the latest album as much of a listen as I’d have liked to which was a shame as this took up most of their set but they did play a whole host of other songs that I did know. The band are always so much fun to see and I love how Sam sings with the Scottish twang, it’s one of the appeals of them, it was also nice to show another of my favourite live bands to my other half.

The next part of my month’s worth of music came in the form of two days of Slamdunk Festival. Every year the festival smash it with the lineup and there’s always so much to see that I do two shows out of the three. Each year it varies and I’ve done Leeds and London, Leeds and Birmingham and Birmingham and London before. Due to a wedding on Sunday, I went up to Birmingham on Saturday morning for day one of the festivals. I was on my own for this day which meant I ran around like a crazy thing trying to see as many bands as I could. I mainly ran between the main stage where I saw the likes of Bury Tomorrow, Beartooth, Deaf Havana, Don Broco and Enter Shikari, and the Signature Brew stage where I saw some new bands to me including Citizen, Turnover and Milk Teeth.

Enter Shikari-43

Photo from Mosh photographer Graham Berry

After the wedding, me and my other half headed to the London leg of the festival where everything was slightly closer together so we could run between stages a bit better. I let him decide what we saw which meant that I saw things I wouldn’t usually have seen like Vukovi who were great and Ice Nine Kills who I really enjoyed. We had a lovely day exploring some new music together and of course seeing my favourites in Set It Off. I wrote a bit more about my experience at Slamdunk which you can read here.

June 3, 2017

• Reply Robin Rue

Ok, don’t be mad but I don’t know who any of those artists are LOL 🙂 I do love festivals, though – It is an awesome way to hear lots of great music all in one place.

June 5, 2017 at 9:46 am
  • Reply Theresa

I don’t know much about these artists either, but I’m really out of the loop when it comes to festivals!

June 5, 2017 at 10:19 am
  • Reply Sona Sethi

We have many love shows in Singapore and its a good combination of art forms, music and dance.

June 5, 2017 at 1:49 pm
  • Reply Dear Ash

I would love to go to more music festivals. Especially in another country, that would be the dream!

Much love,
    Ashley | dearash.com

June 5, 2017 at 2:15 pm
  • Reply Karen Morse

Love this! Festivals are always so exciting especially when it’s about music or food. I enjoy going to festivals over here in my side of the world too. It’s nice that you had so much fun watching all of these!

June 5, 2017 at 2:30 pm
  • Reply Rachel Naylor

I loved going to festivals in my younger days. I loved the different artists in one place!!

June 5, 2017 at 4:00 pm
  • Reply Jessi Joachim

It has been so long since I have been to any music festivals. I think it would be fun to go to one again if I would get someone to watch the kids.

June 5, 2017 at 6:24 pm
  • Reply Janel Berchielli

This sounds like a fun event that you went to. In the city I live in they have a weekly summer music festival as well .

June 5, 2017 at 9:16 pm
  • Reply Cassie Liz

Ive always been curious about this festival! Sounds like fun. I can’t say I’ve heard of any of these bands though – perhaps that means I’m getting old LOL! I’ll have to look them up

June 5, 2017 at 10:06 pm
  • Reply Allison Lancaster

What an awesome festival! I have been wanting to go to a music festival soon, this one looks like a great one!

June 6, 2017 at 12:20 am
  • Reply Jocelyn @ Hip Mama's Place

Awesome May experience for you! I love watching concerts and going to music festivals. It’s just always so exciting and the energy that you feel when you’re there is something you don’t experience elsewhere.

June 6, 2017 at 1:43 am
  • Reply Journa Ramirez

I’ve been wishing to go to Music Festivals but it seems like our place doesn’t have enough coordinators to get it done.. But it looks fun!

June 6, 2017 at 6:33 am
  • Reply PrimeBeauty

I’ve never really attended a music festival but they do sound like fun. I think it’s a great way to see a bunch of your favorite bands and discover some new ones in one location.

June 6, 2017 at 6:54 am
  • Reply Ana De Jesus

I do love going to a good music festival! I have not heard of Twin Atlantic before but I will have to check them out immediately! x

June 6, 2017 at 11:03 am
  • Reply Reesa Lewandowski

Sounds like you had some really awesome experiences at these shows! I am jealous! I used to love going to music festivals!

June 6, 2017 at 2:17 pm
  • Reply Bri DePauw

Wow! These sounds like a great time. I can’t say that I get to many concerts and music festivals. There are some good ones near me though, I need to try!

June 6, 2017 at 2:43 pm
  • Reply Melissa Chapman

I love music and concerts especially outdoor festivals. Unfortunately my age is showing and I never heard of any of the performers on your list, so I need to learn and get out there more.

June 6, 2017 at 2:55 pm
  • Reply Cassie Tucker

It has been way too long since I have been to a concert or music show of any kind. For whatever reason, they are not popular around here.

June 6, 2017 at 3:09 pm
  • Reply TheNewClassy

Sounds like you had a good time! I haven’t been to a good concert in a while. I need to get back in the game. There are some good shows coming around here.

June 6, 2017 at 4:20 pm
  • Reply TheMummyToolbox

Can’t beat the festival season, although the weather isn’t great here so hopefully that picks up so we can enjoy it!

June 6, 2017 at 6:56 pm
  • Reply Heather

Oh I haven’t been to a music festival in so long – I loved them when I was younger! Anytime there is live music I am happy.

June 6, 2017 at 10:39 pm
  • Reply Heather Staggs Garcia

I have a love/hate relationship with festivals! I love live music, but being from Texas I hate summer festivals here because you usually fry outside all day. Yet I still go to them all the time! Just spent 10 hours in 100 degree weather in San Antonio two weeks ago. It was fun though!

June 6, 2017 at 11:32 pm
  • Reply SimpleStepsForLivingLife

I’m a big fan of festivals. It’s been so long since I’ve gone to one and am happy for the day when I can take my kids along with me. 🙂

June 7, 2017 at 6:15 am
  • Reply Lubka Henry

I haven’t been to a proper London gig in ages. How I miss some of those long evenings 🙂

June 7, 2017 at 7:10 am
  • Reply Andrea Soranidis

Look like you had a month full of music! One of my favorite things in UK are summer festivals. I went to a few London ones last year and can’t wait to go again!

June 7, 2017 at 7:59 am
  • Reply Krystal

Summer is the best. I always have a ton of concerts on my calendar. Looking fun!

June 7, 2017 at 2:42 pm
  • Reply Di Hickman

We’re visiting the UK in Summer this year and it’s the first time I’ll be there in Summer since we moved in 2001. I’m looking forward to it for the first time in a long time 🙂

June 7, 2017 at 8:54 pm
  • Reply Heather

How awesome to be able to travel for summer festivals as a newly married couple! We don’t have much lined up other than summer travel with our children but I’d love to spend a few weeks traveling for music.

June 7, 2017 at 10:46 pm
  • Reply CourtneyLynne Storms

Omg how fun!!! My favorite part of summer is all the live music and entertainment. Concerts really are the best

June 8, 2017 at 12:24 am
  • Reply HilLesha

How fun! My husband and I love going to music festivals, but we haven’t had the chance to go to one this year so far. Maybe someday soon!

June 8, 2017 at 7:16 am
  • Reply Brittany Muddamalle

This sounds like so much fun! I would love to go to a music festival again! I haven’t been to one since I was in high school. It’s been way too long!

June 8, 2017 at 1:55 pm
  • Reply Louise Smith

This sounds like so much fun. I’m so jealous of everyone going to festivals at the moment. I’m trying to save for Coachella next year though, so I’ll hopefully be back on the festival scene soon 🙂

Louise x

June 9, 2017 at 1:49 am
  • Reply Rachel Catherine

This sounds like a lot of fun! We love live shows during the summer and need to go to more of them.

June 9, 2017 at 2:50 am
  • Reply Mommy Engineering

I love that there are more live shows with the weather getting nice out! Sounds like so much fun!

June 12, 2017 at 5:39 pm