Four Things I Love About My Bedroom

Four Things I Love About My Bedroom

While I don’t spend as much time actually sleeping as I’d like I do spend a quite a bit of time in my bedroom from getting ready in the morning and doing my make up to packing for holidays and laying in bed watching re-runs of How I Met Your Mother.

I’m a huge fan of the minimalistic/ rustic feel of rooms that I am always seeing on Pinterest but the look just doesn’t suit my style. I have a lot of things, including a lot of what would be classed as knick-knacks, and my room is never going to have that feel and I’m okay with it. Despite looking like it’s just been thrown together I have spent quite a bit of time working out certain bits of my room to make sure it’s perfect for my needs, so here are my favourite bits of my bedroom.

Fancy Bedding

Before a few months’ ago I had a lot of bedding but they all came from places like Primark/ Asda/ Argos, the kind where you pay a bargain £15-25 for a king sized duvet cover in pretty fancy patterns. For years’ this worked well for me until I splurged on some Habitat 300 thread count bedding and I now can’t go back. There’s not as much choice in 300 thread count bedding so I went for a block grey colour which came with the king sized duvet cover and a pair of pillowcases for about £100 (I know I’d never have thought about spending as much on bedding before), then I bought two 300 thread count black pillows from Amazon and a deep black fitted sheet from Very in the same thread count and my bed feels like a cloud to sleep on. Having the additional thread count keeps it cool in the warmer months, keeps the heat in during the winter and it feels so soft I want to snuggle up in it even more.

My artwork wall

I absolutely love artwork from little postcards with pictures on to inspirational quotes. I have a lot of things adorning my walls but I am really happy with my little artwork corner which lines a space by my window. There’s a whole bunch of greetings and postcards which sit in black frames but my favourite one is a foil print from Etsy which reads ‘New York Is Always A Good Idea’. Along with my inspiration posts, there’s also an Ikea photo frame which has some photos of me and my friends, and I just think this is such a fun area of my room.

Lumie clock

I’ve struggled with getting up in the mornings for a long time, I am a night owl and not a morning person. My boyfriend though has to get up for work sometime between 5 and 6am depending where he’s working so we generally go to bed earlier meaning I wanted to start getting up earlier in the mornings. I find myself more productive in the mornings, things are quieter and if I want to work out this is generally the best time, but I used to always just fall straight back asleep after he got up to go to work which is why I invested in a Lumie clock. I’ll be doing a separate post on this sometime soon but basically what it does is stimulate’s a sunrise so for the half an hour before my alarm goes off I am naturally woken up as opposed to abruptly by an alarm. It’s definitely one of my favourite focus’ in my bedroom.

Wristband artwork

I absolutely love going to festivals and back when I was 18 I used to wear all my wristbands but they got horrible and I had way too many so I started creating some artwork to showcase them. These frames house all the wristbands I’ve had from festivals (although annoyingly a few didn’t give material ones- dang!) I think they look awesome on the wall especially when festivals choose bright colours or funky designs, and it’s definitely a talking point for anyone who see’s them.

What do you love about your bedroom?

1. Cassandra Mayers
    June 2, 2017 / 11:37 am

Love your wrist band collection.
    My Room is quite minimal at the moment, I do love my bedding which has silver fluffy cushions though 🙂

2. Sona Sethi
    June 2, 2017 / 3:14 pm

Wow! love your collection. Its quite vibrant and I would love to get a chance to stay in your apartment as airbnb. Hahaha!

3. Allison Lancaster
    June 2, 2017 / 3:36 pm

I love the artwork wall! I love all things quote and art work so this is right up my alley. Such a fun space!

4. June 2, 2017 / 4:42 pm

The minimalist look does work for everyone and I would so much rather see bedrooms full of personality than void of what a person loves. I’d love to hear your thoughts on the lumie, I’ve been debating on getting one!

5. Louise
    June 2, 2017 / 11:38 pm

I’d love to see a tutorial on how to create your wristband frame – I definitely need to make one myself. I have so many hidden away where I can’t see them! x

6. Kristina Pache-Ferency
    June 3, 2017 / 1:46 am

I love how big my bedroom is. I have a sitting area with a couch for the TV so I can relax and my elliptical is in that area as well. It’s perfect for my husband and I.

7. Dani
    June 3, 2017 / 1:54 am

I was actually just thinking about getting a lumie clock! Don’t they light up and stuff? So cute.

8. Journa Ramirez
    June 3, 2017 / 12:56 pm

I love your artwork wall! You are so creative and these photos show that your room makes you happy and comfortable!

9. Jessi Joachim
    June 3, 2017 / 12:59 pm

We are in the process or re decorating the master bedroom. It should be an oasis of the home where we feel happy and relaxed!

10. Jeanine @
    June 3, 2017 / 3:56 pm

How fun. I am not currently loving my bedroom but I think its important to…. Once we move I am sure I will have fun decorating and making our bedroom lovely.

11. June 3, 2017 / 7:19 pm

My bedroom echoes the colors of a peaceful sea and I love it, however, now that I have seen that wristband art, I am so into that!

12. Lead With Good
    June 3, 2017 / 7:25 pm

Love your wristband collection. A cool and colorful idea to keep them for better use

13. June 3, 2017 / 8:52 pm

That lumie clock is something I could really make use of! I’m a morning person, however I still think waking up to sometihng like that every morning would just start the day off right!

14. Amanda Love
    June 4, 2017 / 2:50 pm

I love that you have artwork displayed in your room and motivational quotes too! I love a colorful room and I’m also more of a minimalist.

15. Amber Nelson
    June 4, 2017 / 6:50 pm

What a cool idea for your wristbands. I was thinking of doing something like that with my ticket stubs.

16. June 4, 2017 / 8:38 pm

I love that wristband art! I should make something similar with my daughter’s favorite wristbands from summer.

17. HilLesha
    June 5, 2017 / 12:24 am

I love the art prints! I love displaying artwork in various places in my home, especially my bedroom. My favorite thing about my bedroom is my regal-esque headboard, which I had received as a gift on my 17th birthday.

18. TheNewClassy
    June 5, 2017 / 1:10 am

My daughter would flip for that sugar skull pillow. She loves to collect those things. If she sees this post, you had better lookout. She might just come for it, lol!

19. June 5, 2017 / 4:21 am

You’re making me want to snazz up my bedroom! It’s been on my to-do list for a while 🙂

20. Mellissa Williams
    June 5, 2017 / 8:47 am

Your bedroom is really funky. Love that wristband artwork and the skull cushion

21. June 6, 2017 / 8:51 am

I love my new diffuser. It helps soothe me to sleep at night with the sounds of the steam and the colored lights.

22. June 6, 2017 / 8:51 am

I love my bed. It’s so comfortable and welcoming that I almost don’t want to get out of it in the morning.

23. Jennifer Eastwell
    June 6, 2017 / 7:01 pm

I need to buy some more artwork for my new house in general. I love buying new bedding, really soft with pretty patterns. Unfortunately my partner just likes boring plain ones though!