Four Things I Love About My Bedroom

Bedding

While I don’t spend as much time actually sleeping as I’d like I do spend a quite a bit of time in my bedroom from getting ready in the morning and doing my make up to packing for holidays and laying in bed watching re-runs of How I Met Your Mother.

I’m a huge fan of the minimalistic/ rustic feel of rooms that I am always seeing on Pinterest but the look just doesn’t suit my style. I have a lot of things, including a lot of what would be classed as knick-knacks, and my room is never going to have that feel and I’m okay with it. Despite looking like it’s just been thrown together I have spent quite a bit of time working out certain bits of my room to make sure it’s perfect for my needs, so here are my favourite bits of my bedroom.

Fancy Bedding

Before a few months’ ago I had a lot of bedding but they all came from places like Primark/ Asda/ Argos, the kind where you pay a bargain £15-25 for a king sized duvet cover in pretty fancy patterns. For years’ this worked well for me until I splurged on some Habitat 300 thread count bedding and I now can’t go back. There’s not as much choice in 300 thread count bedding so I went for a block grey colour which came with the king sized duvet cover and a pair of pillowcases for about £100 (I know I’d never have thought about spending as much on bedding before), then I bought two 300 thread count black pillows from Amazon and a deep black fitted sheet from Very in the same thread count and my bed feels like a cloud to sleep on. Having the additional thread count keeps it cool in the warmer months, keeps the heat in during the winter and it feels so soft I want to snuggle up in it even more.

Artwork

My artwork wall

I absolutely love artwork from little postcards with pictures on to inspirational quotes. I have a lot of things adorning my walls but I am really happy with my little artwork corner which lines a space by my window. There’s a whole bunch of greetings and postcards which sit in black frames but my favourite one is a foil print from Etsy which reads ‘New York Is Always A Good Idea’. Along with my inspiration posts, there’s also an Ikea photo frame which has some photos of me and my friends, and I just think this is such a fun area of my room.

Lumie

Lumie clock

I’ve struggled with getting up in the mornings for a long time, I am a night owl and not a morning person. My boyfriend though has to get up for work sometime between 5 and 6am depending where he’s working so we generally go to bed earlier meaning I wanted to start getting up earlier in the mornings. I find myself more productive in the mornings, things are quieter and if I want to work out this is generally the best time, but I used to always just fall straight back asleep after he got up to go to work which is why I invested in a Lumie clock. I’ll be doing a separate post on this sometime soon but basically what it does is stimulate’s a sunrise so for the half an hour before my alarm goes off I am naturally woken up as opposed to abruptly by an alarm. It’s definitely one of my favourite focus’ in my bedroom.

Wristbands

Wristband artwork

I absolutely love going to festivals and back when I was 18 I used to wear all my wristbands but they got horrible and I had way too many so I started creating some artwork to showcase them. These frames house all the wristbands I’ve had from festivals (although annoyingly a few didn’t give material ones- dang!) I think they look awesome on the wall especially when festivals choose bright colours or funky designs, and it’s definitely a talking point for anyone who see’s them.

What do you love about your bedroom?
June 1, 2017

• Reply Cassandra Mayers

Love your wrist band collection.
    My Room is quite minimal at the moment, I do love my bedding which has silver fluffy cushions though 🙂

June 2, 2017 at 11:37 am
  • Reply Sona Sethi

Wow! love your collection. Its quite vibrant and I would love to get a chance to stay in your apartment as airbnb. Hahaha!

June 2, 2017 at 3:14 pm
  • Reply Allison Lancaster

I love the artwork wall! I love all things quote and art work so this is right up my alley. Such a fun space!

June 2, 2017 at 3:36 pm
  • Reply Angela Tolsma

The minimalist look does work for everyone and I would so much rather see bedrooms full of personality than void of what a person loves. I’d love to hear your thoughts on the lumie, I’ve been debating on getting one!

June 2, 2017 at 4:42 pm
  • Reply Louise

I’d love to see a tutorial on how to create your wristband frame – I definitely need to make one myself. I have so many hidden away where I can’t see them! x

June 2, 2017 at 11:38 pm
  • Reply Kristina Pache-Ferency

I love how big my bedroom is. I have a sitting area with a couch for the TV so I can relax and my elliptical is in that area as well. It’s perfect for my husband and I.

June 3, 2017 at 1:46 am
  • Reply Dani

I was actually just thinking about getting a lumie clock! Don’t they light up and stuff? So cute.

June 3, 2017 at 1:54 am
  • Reply Journa Ramirez

I love your artwork wall! You are so creative and these photos show that your room makes you happy and comfortable!

June 3, 2017 at 12:56 pm
  • Reply Jessi Joachim

We are in the process or re decorating the master bedroom. It should be an oasis of the home where we feel happy and relaxed!

June 3, 2017 at 12:59 pm
  • Reply Jeanine @ sixtimemommy.com

How fun. I am not currently loving my bedroom but I think its important to…. Once we move I am sure I will have fun decorating and making our bedroom lovely.

June 3, 2017 at 3:56 pm
  • Reply Terri Steffes

My bedroom echoes the colors of a peaceful sea and I love it, however, now that I have seen that wristband art, I am so into that!

June 3, 2017 at 7:19 pm
  • Reply Lead With Good

Love your wristband collection. A cool and colorful idea to keep them for better use

June 3, 2017 at 7:25 pm
  • Reply Dana

That lumie clock is something I could really make use of! I’m a morning person, however I still think waking up to sometihng like that every morning would just start the day off right!

June 3, 2017 at 8:52 pm
  • Reply Amanda Love

I love that you have artwork displayed in your room and motivational quotes too! I love a colorful room and I’m also more of a minimalist.

June 4, 2017 at 2:50 pm
  • Reply Amber Nelson

What a cool idea for your wristbands. I was thinking of doing something like that with my ticket stubs.

June 4, 2017 at 6:50 pm
  • Reply Heather

I love that wristband art! I should make something similar with my daughter’s favorite wristbands from summer.

June 4, 2017 at 8:38 pm
  • Reply HilLesha

I love the art prints! I love displaying artwork in various places in my home, especially my bedroom. My favorite thing about my bedroom is my regal-esque headboard, which I had received as a gift on my 17th birthday.

June 5, 2017 at 12:24 am
  • Reply TheNewClassy

My daughter would flip for that sugar skull pillow. She loves to collect those things. If she sees this post, you had better lookout. She might just come for it, lol!

June 5, 2017 at 1:10 am
  • Reply Blonde Seeking Ambition

You’re making me want to snazz up my bedroom! It’s been on my to-do list for a while 🙂

June 5, 2017 at 4:21 am
  • Reply Mellissa Williams

Your bedroom is really funky. Love that wristband artwork and the skull cushion

June 5, 2017 at 8:47 am
  • Reply Blythe A.

I love my new diffuser. It helps soothe me to sleep at night with the sounds of the steam and the colored lights.

June 6, 2017 at 8:51 am
  • Reply PrimeBeauty

I love my bed. It’s so comfortable and welcoming that I almost don’t want to get out of it in the morning.

June 6, 2017 at 8:51 am
  • Reply Jennifer Eastwell

I need to buy some more artwork for my new house in general. I love buying new bedding, really soft with pretty patterns. Unfortunately my partner just likes boring plain ones though!

June 6, 2017 at 7:01 pm