The Best Place To Stay In Liverpool

The Best Place To Stay In Liverpool

As you’ve probably seen numerous times I recently went on a quick weekend trip to Liverpool and I absolutely loved the city, it’s definitely up there with London and Edinburgh as being one of my favourite cities in the United Kingdom. There’s so much to do in the city and if you need inspiration here’s my 36-hour guide to the city.

I spent quite a long time working out where to stay when I hit up the city, should I stick closer to Liverpool Lime Street station where my train was coming into and leaving from? Or should I go a bit further out nearer the attractions? In the end I opted for a Travelodge on The Strand which is right opposite Albert Docks on the riverfront and I am so happy with my decision.

With so much to do in Liverpool chances are you’ll be spending a bulk of time by the docks as it’s where The Beatles Experience and British Music Experience exhibitions are housed. It’s also where the Ferry port is to hop on a ferry across the Mersey, Stop number 1 on the City Explorer bus tour is on the docks and you can find The Beatles statue right here. There’s also so many bars and restaurants here you’ll be spoilt for choice.

By grabbing a hotel along the small stretch of road behind the docks you’ll have instant access to these attractions as well as being a 5-minute walk from the shops and ultimately the Liverpool One shopping centre, a 10-minute walk from The Cavern Club and The Radio City Tower.

I only chose the Travelodge as it was pretty cheap and few places offer rooms for three people, but there are quite a few others to choose from along the Strand, there’s a Hilton, a Days Inn, and a Mercure all within a few minute’s of each other along the road so you don’t have to go for the super budget option like I did.

Pin It!

Do you want to know a secret? Here is the best place to stay in Liverpool!

1. July 20, 2017 / 5:11 pm

The TravelLodge sounds like it is in the most convenient location! I visited Liverpool for a hen and really loved it!

Abigail Alice x

2. Melanie
    July 20, 2017 / 8:38 pm

I go Liverpool a lot and infact was only there a few weeks ago…always looking for great accommodations, so thank you for sharing 🙂 x

3. Mummy Times Two
    July 20, 2017 / 9:22 pm

It’s a while since I’be been to !iverpool so I should definitely go back. The Travelodge is a great choice.

4. Kate Veggie Desserts
    July 21, 2017 / 4:15 pm

I haven’t been to Liverpool in years – I must go soon! You can always count on Travelodge.

5. Jennifer Eastwell
    July 21, 2017 / 7:25 pm

I would have to agree with you at Edinburgh and London are my favourite cities in the UK. I’ve not been to Liverpool before though. The Beatles experience sounds good 🙂

6. Mellissa Williams
    July 21, 2017 / 8:37 pm

A Travelodge is always round the corner if you need one – you can always count on them if looking for affordable accommodation

7. July 22, 2017 / 9:11 am

Thank you for your recommendation. So many people recommends Travelodge all over the places. I personally had no chance to stay with them as yet.

8. July 22, 2017 / 1:46 pm

That’s good to know! I’ve never stayed at Travelodge but I’m always on the hunt for affordable lodgings so I’ll definitely keep them in mind.

9. July 22, 2017 / 5:14 pm

I love Liverpool. I’ve got a weekend booked in September and I’ve booked an air BnB (My first experience of it!) I stayed at the Novotel last year and that was in a really good place and it has a pool (main reason for booking it – soaking feet after a long day shopping)

10. Kira L Curtis
    July 22, 2017 / 9:29 pm

I loved it when we went to Liverpool, there’s so much to do! We stayed in a Premier Inn so it just shows how you don’t need to spend too much money and you can have a lovely stay!

11. Leah Shafik
    July 22, 2017 / 9:36 pm

Honestly Travelodge and other budget hotels to me are great for city breaks, you get what you need, a clean bed and a nice fresh room. I love them x

12. Rebecca
    July 23, 2017 / 3:03 pm

I stayed in a travel lodge when I went to London last year and it was spot on, clean and comfortable and close to where I needed to be! I’d love to visit Liverpool again, I haven’t been since I was little.

13. Ayesha Farhad
    July 23, 2017 / 11:11 pm

Ive stayed here for an over night stay when we had to go for my visa extension! I felt Liverpool was pretty small compared to London. We went literally round and round and ended up in the same place hah!

14. July 24, 2017 / 8:42 am

Travel Lodge is a great place to stay, we have stayed in another one around Liverpool. Super affordable plus clean 🙂

15. July 24, 2017 / 11:15 am

I am looking at travelling to Liverpool later on in the year and so this was a really interesting read for me. I am now off to read your 36 hr post to give me some ideas of things to do! xx

16. July 24, 2017 / 2:10 pm

I can’t wait to visit England! I won’t have the opportunity for a few years still but it’s totally on my bucket list!

17. July 24, 2017 / 3:48 pm

This is such a great option when traveling! I love how affordable it is. I will look into this when I go to Paris!

18. Lukeosaurus And Me
    July 24, 2017 / 4:04 pm

I’ve never been to Liverpool, for some reason I have never really thought about exploring cities before. Sounds like there’s so much to do though!

19. July 24, 2017 / 7:33 pm

I’ve never visited Liverpool. We also tend to go for budget hotels when we are city breaking, perfect to use as a base.

20. July 25, 2017 / 1:24 am

I also tend to stick with budget hotels too. I love Liverpool, I remember having amazing Moroccan cuisine out there x

21. theloveofacaptain
    July 25, 2017 / 8:35 pm

Ive only ever been to Liverpool once and I dont remember much of it. 😀 Stayed right opposite the Liver Building. I do remember that The Cavern Club was pretty cool though, John Barnes was there 🙂 x

22. July 26, 2017 / 3:33 am

Liverpool’s such a fab city, and you can always count on a Travelodge to be a reliable choice for a hotel!

23. kerry norris
    July 26, 2017 / 5:28 am

I had my hen do in Liverpool and loved it. Not been back since though. Would love to. I’ll remember the travelodge for when we go. X

24. July 26, 2017 / 10:20 am

I really want to visit Liverpool soon, I’ve only ever been for the day. I love a good Travelodge xo

25. Jessica Ijezie
    July 31, 2017 / 2:42 pm

Liverpool is such a fab city and I totally agree with you Travelodge is pretty cheap and a great place to stay.