The Best Place To Stay In Liverpool

Travelodge

As you’ve probably seen numerous times I recently went on a quick weekend trip to Liverpool and I absolutely loved the city, it’s definitely up there with London and Edinburgh as being one of my favourite cities in the United Kingdom. There’s so much to do in the city and if you need inspiration here’s my 36-hour guide to the city.

I spent quite a long time working out where to stay when I hit up the city, should I stick closer to Liverpool Lime Street station where my train was coming into and leaving from? Or should I go a bit further out nearer the attractions? In the end I opted for a Travelodge on The Strand which is right opposite Albert Docks on the riverfront and I am so happy with my decision.

With so much to do in Liverpool chances are you’ll be spending a bulk of time by the docks as it’s where The Beatles Experience and British Music Experience exhibitions are housed. It’s also where the Ferry port is to hop on a ferry across the Mersey, Stop number 1 on the City Explorer bus tour is on the docks and you can find The Beatles statue right here. There’s also so many bars and restaurants here you’ll be spoilt for choice.

By grabbing a hotel along the small stretch of road behind the docks you’ll have instant access to these attractions as well as being a 5-minute walk from the shops and ultimately the Liverpool One shopping centre, a 10-minute walk from The Cavern Club and The Radio City Tower.

I only chose the Travelodge as it was pretty cheap and few places offer rooms for three people, but there are quite a few others to choose from along the Strand, there’s a Hilton, a Days Inn, and a Mercure all within a few minute’s of each other along the road so you don’t have to go for the super budget option like I did.

July 20, 2017

• Reply Abigail Alice

The TravelLodge sounds like it is in the most convenient location! I visited Liverpool for a hen and really loved it!

Abigail Alice x

July 20, 2017 at 5:11 pm
  • Reply Melanie

I go Liverpool a lot and infact was only there a few weeks ago…always looking for great accommodations, so thank you for sharing 🙂 x

July 20, 2017 at 8:38 pm
  • Reply Mummy Times Two

It’s a while since I’be been to !iverpool so I should definitely go back. The Travelodge is a great choice.

July 20, 2017 at 9:22 pm
  • Reply Kate Veggie Desserts

I haven’t been to Liverpool in years – I must go soon! You can always count on Travelodge.

July 21, 2017 at 4:15 pm
  • Reply Jennifer Eastwell

I would have to agree with you at Edinburgh and London are my favourite cities in the UK. I’ve not been to Liverpool before though. The Beatles experience sounds good 🙂

July 21, 2017 at 7:25 pm
  • Reply Mellissa Williams

A Travelodge is always round the corner if you need one – you can always count on them if looking for affordable accommodation

July 21, 2017 at 8:37 pm
  • Reply Agata @BarkTime

Thank you for your recommendation. So many people recommends Travelodge all over the places. I personally had no chance to stay with them as yet.

July 22, 2017 at 9:11 am
  • Reply danasia

That’s good to know! I’ve never stayed at Travelodge but I’m always on the hunt for affordable lodgings so I’ll definitely keep them in mind.

July 22, 2017 at 1:46 pm
  • Reply Steph

I love Liverpool. I’ve got a weekend booked in September and I’ve booked an air BnB (My first experience of it!) I stayed at the Novotel last year and that was in a really good place and it has a pool (main reason for booking it – soaking feet after a long day shopping)

July 22, 2017 at 5:14 pm
  • Reply Kira L Curtis

I loved it when we went to Liverpool, there’s so much to do! We stayed in a Premier Inn so it just shows how you don’t need to spend too much money and you can have a lovely stay!

July 22, 2017 at 9:29 pm
  • Reply Leah Shafik

Honestly Travelodge and other budget hotels to me are great for city breaks, you get what you need, a clean bed and a nice fresh room. I love them x

July 22, 2017 at 9:36 pm
  • Reply Rebecca

I stayed in a travel lodge when I went to London last year and it was spot on, clean and comfortable and close to where I needed to be! I’d love to visit Liverpool again, I haven’t been since I was little.

July 23, 2017 at 3:03 pm
  • Reply Tamsin - Eco Fluffy Mama

I used to use Travelodge a lot. Cheap but really great rooms.

July 23, 2017 at 6:13 pm
  • Reply Ayesha Farhad

Ive stayed here for an over night stay when we had to go for my visa extension! I felt Liverpool was pretty small compared to London. We went literally round and round and ended up in the same place hah!

July 23, 2017 at 11:11 pm
  • Reply Lynne Harper

Travel Lodge is a great place to stay, we have stayed in another one around Liverpool. Super affordable plus clean 🙂

July 24, 2017 at 8:42 am
  • Reply Tanya Brannan

I am looking at travelling to Liverpool later on in the year and so this was a really interesting read for me. I am now off to read your 36 hr post to give me some ideas of things to do! xx

July 24, 2017 at 11:15 am
  • Reply Michelle Kellogg

I can’t wait to visit England! I won’t have the opportunity for a few years still but it’s totally on my bucket list!

July 24, 2017 at 2:10 pm
  • Reply Candice Nikeia

This is such a great option when traveling! I love how affordable it is. I will look into this when I go to Paris!

July 24, 2017 at 3:48 pm
  • Reply Lukeosaurus And Me

I’ve never been to Liverpool, for some reason I have never really thought about exploring cities before. Sounds like there’s so much to do though!

July 24, 2017 at 4:04 pm
  • Reply All About A Mummy

I’ve never visited Liverpool. We also tend to go for budget hotels when we are city breaking, perfect to use as a base.

July 24, 2017 at 7:33 pm
  • Reply Ana De Jesus

I also tend to stick with budget hotels too. I love Liverpool, I remember having amazing Moroccan cuisine out there x

July 25, 2017 at 1:24 am
  • Reply Musings of a tired mummy...zzz

I have never been to Liverpool but have stayed in Travelodge before, perfect for a no nonsense stay

July 25, 2017 at 8:00 pm
  • Reply Emma - Our Fairytale Adventure

I really like Liverpool, it’s such a fun city! I’m glad you had a great time.

July 25, 2017 at 8:15 pm
  • Reply theloveofacaptain

Ive only ever been to Liverpool once and I dont remember much of it. 😀 Stayed right opposite the Liver Building. I do remember that The Cavern Club was pretty cool though, John Barnes was there 🙂 x

July 25, 2017 at 8:35 pm
  • Reply Sally Akins

Liverpool’s such a fab city, and you can always count on a Travelodge to be a reliable choice for a hotel!

July 26, 2017 at 3:33 am
  • Reply kerry norris

I had my hen do in Liverpool and loved it. Not been back since though. Would love to. I’ll remember the travelodge for when we go. X

July 26, 2017 at 5:28 am
  • Reply Rachel Nicole

I really want to visit Liverpool soon, I’ve only ever been for the day. I love a good Travelodge xo

July 26, 2017 at 10:20 am
  • Reply Jessica Ijezie

Liverpool is such a fab city and I totally agree with you Travelodge is pretty cheap and a great place to stay.

July 31, 2017 at 2:42 pm