Five Things – Week 72

hyde park

Five Things I Did This Week

• This week it was my other halves sister’s 21st birthday so on Monday the three of us went out for a meal at Frankie and Benny’s to celebrate and the food was really good.
  • On Tuesday I finally got round to see Aladdin at the theatre with my friend. We’ve wanted to see it ever since it first came out and I am so glad I’ve now seen it as it was incredible. The casting, sets and everything was perfect and I can say that it’s the best thing I’ve ever seen on stage and I’ve seen quite a few shows.
  • On Friday I headed round my other halves house where we had a lovely home cooked dinner and then tidied more of his bedroom. I find throwing out stuff and organizing so relaxing so I was in my element.
  • Thankfully with the sun shining we headed to Hyde Park on Saturday to see Green Day play and it was such a good day and the band played an incredible set.
  • Sunday was an odd’s and ends day which included heading to some DIY stores to pick the fake grass for my balcony, tidying more of my other halves bedroom and heading home for a movie and dinner night.

Five Great Things To Happen

• On Tuesday me and my friend discovered an amazing pizza place that I’d never eaten at before and it’s one of the best pizza’s I’ve ever had. A base thick enough it doesn’t fall apart but not so thick. I know I’ll be heading back there again and I am so excited.
  • I managed to have a bit of a tidy up across my flat when I had some spare time one evening which was great as there were little things I’d been meaning to do/ put away which I’d never got round to.
  • On Thursday me and my other half booked flights for our Italy trip in November where we’re flying into Venice to spend four days there then heading to Rome to spend four days there. Due to racking up Avios points with my American Express card we got BA flights out there for just £35 for both of us which I am super happy about.
  • After a reasonable amount of stress, I managed to nab Foo Fighter’s tickets for their one of O2 Arena show later this year. Our seats aren’t the best but I’m happy with anything, to be honest.
  • I managed to make some tweaks to my blog layout including a sub-menu on my travel section splitting area’s and adding a new post widget on the sidebar. I am looking to make more changes but this will happen over time.

pizza

Five Things Which Sucked

• On Wednesday evening I was all home and ready to switch on Aladdin after my aqua aerobics class but I couldn’t get the Amazon Stick with all our movies on to work so I couldn’t watch it *sad face*
  • I have been trying to submit my taxes this week but I’m having issues with my NI contributions so I’m going to have to call the Tax Office and speak to them so god knows how long that might take.
  • On my balcony, I have windows the whole way across which slide open and I was cleaning the balcony but no matter what I use the windows are still streaky and I have no idea what to use.
  • I have been so lazy this week that I only woke up early one morning out of five. I am so disappointed in myself and now I’ve asked my other half any morning he’s going to work from mine to physically get me out of bed at 6 am when he leaves.
  • I ordered a really nice Jacket from Boohoo but it didn’t fit, and not just by a little bit but by quite a bit. I will reluctantly be sending it back which is such a shame but it wasn’t meant to be.

Five Things To Do Next Week

• Pack and sort everything out for my friend’s wedding next weekend.
  • Look into creating a mailing list for my blog. It’s something I’ve been meaning to do for a while so I want to sit down and have a proper look into doing one.
  • Empty out ALL of my kitchen cupboards and re-organize everything in there to make better use of space.
  • Have a catch up with the other editor of the music website I run so we can go over things and talk about progress/ ways to grow the site further.
  • Get up in the mornings earlier every single day, even if it’s just half an hour but I want to get into better routines.
What have you been up to this week?
July 3, 2017

• Reply Rachel Naylor

Wowza your such a busy lady, haha!! I love Frankie & Benny’s my favourite place to go and eat!!. I hate cleaning windows, especially the conservatory when the sun dries them out quicker than I do, and then I get streak marks 🙁 Loved reading your post!!

July 3, 2017 at 1:22 pm
  • Reply Theresa

Going to Italy will be so wonderful! It’s such a beautiful country. Sounds like you’ve been up to a lot lately!

July 3, 2017 at 2:34 pm
  • Reply Terri Steffes

I am in awe of your ticket prices to Italy! I love that you love to tidy up. Maybe I would like it better if I called it tidy up. It is much more charming that cleaning house.

July 3, 2017 at 3:48 pm
  • Reply Latasha| Arts and Budgets

Sounds like a great week! OH! and I totally would love to see Aladdin with my family very soon.

July 3, 2017 at 5:25 pm
  • Reply Kecia

Oh wow, that pizza does look amazing! It sounds like you’ve had a great week, despite the link of things that sucked. Waking up early is always tough for me too. I love my warm, comfy bed!

July 3, 2017 at 5:35 pm
  • Reply Cassie Liz

That pizza looks so good! Sounds like it’s been a pretty awesome week! I had no idea Green Day were still touring! And that’s awesome you managed to get Foo Fighter tickets too – I’ve never seen them live!

July 3, 2017 at 10:14 pm
  • Reply crystal

That’s interesting how you couldn’t pay your taxes. I hope you get them paid without more delays. I also hope you kept track of your attempts to do it.

Setting up a newsletter isn’t overly hard, but I find it’s hard to keep having something to send each time. That’s where I struggle. However, I do get more personal on my newsletters.

July 3, 2017 at 10:15 pm
  • Reply Robin Rue

I want to do a mailing list for my site, too, but I just don’t have time. I think it’s a huge project and keep putting it off.

July 3, 2017 at 10:25 pm
  • Reply Melissa Chapman

I love your taste in music you seem to be able to fit that in so well. Green Day in Hyde Park sounded great. Great picture of that pizza so fresh it made me hungry.

July 4, 2017 at 12:06 am
  • Reply Karen Morse

It looks like you had a great time this week, love that you were able to get Foo Fighters tickets, that is one awesome band! I really like your blog template! Sorry about the things that made this week a bit of a bummer.

July 4, 2017 at 12:28 am
  • Reply Allison Lancaster

It sounds like you had a great week! I love that you did the updates to your site this week. I’ve been working on a lot with my site this week as well!

July 4, 2017 at 2:20 am
  • Reply Reesa Lewandowski

You had a really successful week! I love the updates to your blog! Foo Fighters tix are hard to come by!

July 4, 2017 at 1:57 pm
  • Reply Ana De Jesus

How great that you tweaked your blog layout and that you had a lovely meal for your other half’s sisters birthday. Looks like your week was pretty good x

July 4, 2017 at 2:03 pm
  • Reply Amanda Love

It seems like a busy week but an enjoyable one at that. I like tweaking my blog from time to time! It’s just sort of satisfying. I think it’s nice that you’re going to a wedding next week! SO exciting!

July 4, 2017 at 2:35 pm
  • Reply Jessi Joachim

Sounds like a busy week! I am no lie, a little Jelly b/c I have always wanted to see Aladin live! Maybe one day

July 4, 2017 at 8:12 pm
  • Reply OurMiniFamily

GAH I hate when I order clothes that I love and then they end up not fitting! That would be the worst part of my week 🙁 that pizza looks amazing though

July 5, 2017 at 1:15 am
  • Reply Jalisa Marie

I dislike when I order things online and they don’t fit. It stinks that your jacket didn’t fit. I hope things go well during your meeting with the music website.

July 5, 2017 at 2:41 am
  • Reply TheMummyToolbox

loving this roundup and happy birthday to your sister! If it helps I use kitchen roll on my windows to dry off the spray or water??

July 5, 2017 at 2:54 pm
  • Reply Jeanine @ sixtimemommy.com

Seems like a busy week with a mix of great and some not so great. Sounds like me really. I am packing this week too, we are moving in 2 weeks so its all about packing now!

July 5, 2017 at 3:51 pm
  • Reply SavvyMomNYC - Ker

Wow! You seem to have had a busy weekend with ups and downs! I need to make a list and get organized with all the things I have to do. Getting up earlier seems like a great plan too!

July 5, 2017 at 5:10 pm
  • Reply Jean Standley

I really like the idea of this post, it must really make you think about the week you’ve had and what you have pleanned. I’m the same at getting up! zzz

July 5, 2017 at 8:54 pm
  • Reply Fashion Phases

Looks like you are super busy and are having a blast. That pizza looks so delicious it is making me wants some right now.

July 6, 2017 at 12:44 am
  • Reply CourtneyLynne Storms

Omg you must have had the best time ever watching Green Day live!!! I would love to see them in concert

July 6, 2017 at 5:10 am
  • Reply Hayley

I’m so jealous that you’ve seen Aladdin! I really need to get tickets! Sounds like you had a great week!

July 6, 2017 at 10:10 am
  • Reply Michelle Twin Mum

Well it has certainly been busy for you. A couple of real highlights there going to see Alafin and Green Day. I hope you achieve everything on your to do list. Mich X

July 6, 2017 at 10:25 am
  • Reply Brittany Muddamalle

I am dying to go and see Aladdin in theater! I love the movie and book so I think it would be amazing to see it live!

July 7, 2017 at 3:03 pm
  • Reply Amber Nelson

I can’t wait to see Aladdin in the theater! I love what they are doing to these Disney favorites.

July 8, 2017 at 10:25 pm
  • Reply Krystal

I am always tweaking my blog menu. Such an improvement though sometimes when you finally get it working!

July 16, 2017 at 5:36 pm