Five Things I Did This Week
- On Tuesday I joined my other half at his friend’s house for the next installment of their D&D campaign and because they skipped a week I was actually seeing a continuation of when I went last time.
- On Wednesday I headed to the Odeon Imax in Milton Keynes to see the new Spiderman movie and while I won’t leave any spoilers I will say that it’s a fantastic movie and the right mixture of light hearted fun and action so I’d definitely recommend giving it a watch.
- On Friday I headed up to Leicester with a bunch of my friend’s for the first night of the wedding party which was a mendhi party where we all got our henna done and generally partied before the wedding.
- Saturday was a nice chilled day where we went to a beautiful park just outside of Leicester and relaxed, a few of us were also roped into learning a small dance to perform at the reception on Sunday.
- Sunday was wedding day and it started at 5am for me when I got up and ready in my sari. We headed to the Gurdwara to watch the religious ceremony and then hit up the reception until 1am.
Five Great Things To Happen
- On Monday morning I woke up and managed to sort through the majority of my kitchen cupboards throwing out some out of date packets of food and rearranging everything so it’s neater and organized better.
- After a successful June at work our director bought us all pizza as a thank you which was really nice and it meant I didn’t have to worry about lunch on Thursday although I did feel a bit of a pig eating a whole pizza.
- Me and my best friend bought tickets to the Roundhouse beach cinema for later this month. We’re heading there to see Four Weddings & A Funeral which somehow I’ve never seen before.
- I got my nails done on Friday morning and I am very happy with how they came out. I decided to go for a really bright and cheerful colour to match the Indian wedding so I opted for bright pink glitter.
- The dance that we were last minute roped into doing at the reception on the Sunday seemed to go pretty well although it was over so quickly I have no idea if I did everything right or not.
Five Four Things Which Sucked
- I have been doing a lot more during my full-time job since taking over from my manager and I know I want to/ should ask for a pay rise but I am too damn nervous and don’t know how to approach it.
- My friend was stuck in loads of traffic before our movie on Wednesday so we didn’t get as long to catch up as I’d have liked. Next time we’ll opt for a weekend meet.
- Due to the wedding, I ate so badly across the weekend from ordering pizza and picnic snacks to all the Indian food that I ate so I know that I really need to push to be healthier again.
- Over the whole weekend, I had so little sleep due to the house where we were staying being so warm and general late nights/ early mornings O I know
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Unpack from the wedding and get everything washed and sorted within a day or so of coming back.
- Pull everything out of my hallway cupboard and have a massive cull in here like I did with my kitchen cupboards.
- Work out when we can book our Rome hotel as once this is done we’re completely booked with hotels and flights so I can start looking at things to do nearer the time.
- Get some ideas of what to do in Oxford next month when I’m there for a spa weekend with my friend.
- Explore some new avenues for my blog like spending time on Stumbleupon etc
What have you been up to this week?