Five Things I Did This Week
- On Tuesday I had a little catch up with my friend at a new Turkish restaurant which has opened and the food was really good with just the perfect things I love including Halloumi and Chicken.
- On Thursday I headed to my Nan’s house for a catch-up dinner and it was nice to see both her and my auntie as I don’t see them as much as I’d like. I get a lot of my post delivered there as they’re always in so it was a bit like Christmas picking up my packages.
- On Friday me and my other half headed to Milton Keynes to their IFly centre to do indoor skydiving. I’d been once before – although this didn’t help my performance – and we had such a fun evening. My other half was so much better than me but it was definitely something I’d love to do again.
- Saturday was the day of the Spirit of Tiki event in Regent’s Park. The weather was a bit hit and miss but the event was a lot of fun where we got to try out some rum (and gin) based cocktails and just enjoy being out in London.
- For me Sunday was my indoor day which included plenty of sorting out/ cleaning, watching the first two episodes of Firefly, doing some cooking and generally chilling.
Five Great Things To Happen
- I’ve had some productive meetings at work and some busy times and I know I’m going to be having my appraisal soon so this is when I want to ask for a pay rise as I am doing a lot more work since I took over my manager’s responsibilities.
- I’ve managed to completely unpack from the wedding and do some general tidying up of my flat which was good.
- I finally got around to sorting out my media kit and employed the help of a wonderful girl I spoke to through Twitter. I am so glad that I have this as I feel it will help me more when approaching new brand’s that I want to work with.
- I ordered the artificial grass for my balcony and it’s due to arrive any day now. I will be taking some before and after shots of the work I am doing on my balcony so you’ll all be able to see how it’s changed.
- I managed to clear out the massive cupboard in my hallway and I feel like the whole flat is just so much more together and organized now.
Five Things Which Sucked
- Due to leaving the wedding at 1am on Monday morning I was absolutely exhausted at work on Monday and it took me a few days to get back to normal.
- The exhaustion seemed to flow further down the week as I struggled to wake up early any morning so had a slightly less productive week than I would have liked.
- I ordered a new light through B&Q online but the order was canceled so I went to the store to buy it as online it said there were 20+ available but they were wrapped away right at the top of a shelving unit which meant I couldn’t buy it until they’d brought them down out of hours. It’s going to mean another trip there which is a pain.
- I got a heat rash on my hand over the weekend at the wedding and it still hasn’t completely gone away, it’s so annoying as I want to itch it but I know I shouldn’t.
- We attempted to make KFC style chicken on Sunday and followed a recipe exactly but the chicken just wouldn’t cook through, it got so bad that we had to throw it all away which was such a waste.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Relax and have an awesome night in watching the new Game of Thrones Monday night
- Treat myself to a nice lunch when I’m in London on Tuesday at a work meeting. There are few times when I managed a lunchtime in London so I want to take advantage of it
- Start trying to get an idea of what I want to do in Prague when I head there in a few month’s time. I like to be prepared so I can look into it.
- Pack for my weekend away in Bournemouth
- Sort out the remainder of the cupboards in my kitchen and drawers in my bedroom so my flat has had a thorough clean
What have you been up to this week?