How Much Does My Face Cost?

My Face

I’ve read a few others post’s about how much their general daily makeup costs and I was pretty intrigued to see what my overall value would be. The below list is what I wear on a standard day when I’m going out somewhere, perhaps out to London for the day or to a gig, although there are sometimes when I’ll wear most of these products to work. This might sound obsessive but I like the way I look in makeup so why not?! I don’t wear gaudy eyeshadow colours or super bright lipstick to work though. Here’s a rundown of what I wear including five of my holy grail items.

Too Faced Hangover Face Primer – £27

Even if I choose not to wear foundation I will always wear a primer as I find it acts like a second moisturizer sometimes and just tends to even out my skin tone. My most used is my Too Faced primer which I picked up in New York last summer alongside my HUGE Sephora haul. I love how it feels on my skin and despite being really hydrating it isn’t sticky/ thick and doesn’t take long to dry.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Foundation – £32.50

If I am going to wear foundation it’s almost certain to be Estee Lauder, I’ve tried a load of different ones but always find myself coming back to this as you don’t need to cake yourself in to get great coverage and it’s one of the only things that seems to cover my redness while still smoothing out the rest of the imperfections on my face. It’s also very long-lasting so I know if I’ve got a long day ahead of me that it isn’t going to melt off or flake around my nose which is prone to getting dry.

Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer – £19

I only discovered this beauty last year and I am so happy as I always thought NYX was as good as it gets but this is one step ahead. Not only is the shade collection completely perfect (for me at least) but it does everything in it’s name. It’s lightweight and doesn’t make my under eyes look cakey or overworked but it also provides complete coverage which does a great job at masking my late nights and lack of sleep.

Zoeva Palette

Zoeva Rose Golden Eyeshadow Palette – £18

This palette is an absolute newbie for me having only managed to swipe it up earlier this year. I hate buying palettes that I haven’t seen in person because there’s no way of telling the formula otherwise and seeing as these are only sold in Selfridges it took a while. It was well and truly worth the wait though as the shadows are creamy and not chalky at all, there’s a great selection of colours which are all useable even on me and the pigmentation of them are beautiful. I love the shades specifically in this palette as they are golden and slightly shimmery without being full on glitter which is a great compromise for me.

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper – £16

My absolute holy grail eyeliner is Kat Von D and not a single day goes by when I don’t use it, I always have a backup in my drawer and as soon as I start using it another is bought. I find it so easy to draw on, it comes out super black not just dark grey and it stays on for my entire day. Now I’ve heard a few people who have had issues with them drying up/ not coming out black and I can say that this is unusual and I’ve never found it with mine. Most days I will opt for the black version called Trooper but when I’m wearing warmer colours or opting for more of a nude tone I sometimes where the brown version which is just as nice but slightly softer.

Hourglass Palette

Clinique Lash Building Primer – £14.50

I used to think lash primer was a stupid product, do you really need to prime your lashes?! I used the free Benefit sample a little bit and didn’t find it did too much (I put that down to the fact that it’s a mink colour), but then I decided to pick up the Clinique primer in the States to see if it was any better and thankfully it was. It’s white in colour and acts just like a normal mascara building up my lashes so that once it dries and I put my normal mascara on they look bigger and fuller.

Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara – £19

Mascara was the one item I was most fickle about, I’d use something and love it then something else came along and I’d jump the bandwagon and a vicious cycle was born, that was until I discovered the Too Faced mascara. I’m pretty sure it’s down to the unique shape of wand which some highstreet brands are starting to emulate but I find that this mascara properly coats every single one of my lashes and makes them look so much better than I’ve found anything else to do.

Anastasia Glow kit

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Blush in Mood Exposure – £32

Now, this is as a blusher which is well worth the money in my opinion. Hourglass was something I lusted over for a while but I took the plunge, yes you guessed it, when I was in New York. I chose Mood Exposure as it was a light plum shade so totally unlike anything I had in my collection and it gives me a lovely glow when I swipe it across my cheeks without the colour looking too much on my pale skin.

Anastasia Beverley Hills Glow Kit Pallette in Sundip – £39

I held off buying a glow kit for as long as I could but last year I decided to bite the bullet after swatching the palettes in New York and instantly regretting not buying one when I got back. I ordered it within a week of being home and I am so happy that I did as it’s my most used highlighter. There’s four stunning shades housed in the case which are all shimmery, shiny and totally useable. One for me is more of a shimmery bronzer which is actually great as I didn’t own a bronzer that suited my skin tone before. There’s so much product in this palette that I doubt I’ll be hitting pan anytime soon.

Liquid Kat Von D

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Ludwig – £17

Anastasia Beverley Hills is my ultimate favourite liquid lipstick but when it comes to most worn that would go to Ludwig one of the new shades from Kat Von D which is the perfect nude for my skin. Unlike some brighter shades, this smoothes out all the lines on my lips and leaves me with a very pretty base. Sometimes I switch it up and swipe the KVD holographic palette over the top, but mostly it’s my go to work shade for when I just want a nice feeling without anything crazy.

Total = £234

This figure should shock me but sadly it doesn’t. With the amount of makeup I own I’d hate to know how much my whole collection is worth, probably enough for a deposit on a small flat up north which is a depressing thought.

July 28, 2017

• Reply Ana De Jesus

Wow that is a crazy amount! It has got me thinking about how much my daily face costs and it seems to be around the £40 mark but that might be because I use a lot of NYX which is super cheap x

July 29, 2017 at 11:58 am
  • Reply Being Ashleigh

That’s crazy Rhian! I have no idea how much mine would cost, but I use a lot more drugstore products than luxury, so probably not as much!

July 30, 2017 at 4:39 pm
  • Reply Kate Elizabeth Redfern

What a lovely collection! I’m a real creature of habit (love my Estée Lauder double wear too) but nice make up and beauty products make you feel lovely, as well as look nice. Kate http://www.fivelittlestars.com

July 30, 2017 at 5:01 pm
  • Reply fritha strickland

I love the look of the two faced hangover primer!! x

July 30, 2017 at 6:50 pm
  • Reply Mummy Times Two

I love Estée Lauder foundation, it’s so easy to apply x

July 30, 2017 at 7:55 pm
  • Reply Laura Crichton

I think you’re a lot more adventurous than me as I don’t wear a wide variety of brands. Also – I think makeup lasts so long it’d probably better value than you think!

July 30, 2017 at 8:20 pm
  • Reply Globalmouse

I love the sound of the Too Faced Hangover Face Primer, can you buy it in the UK?

July 31, 2017 at 7:49 am
  • Reply theCuriousPixie

Oh my god! I dread to think how much my face costs. I’m a sucker for lotions and potions. I could do with the Two Faced Hangover Primer today.

July 31, 2017 at 11:06 am
  • Reply Anosa Malanga VA

I guess it is not bad to invest for ourselves for example in make-ups as long as we did not splurge too much of spend all of our money in it. Its a little treat for ourselves, after all we are working hard in our own ways. Also, we can use it for a long time and not just for one time use.

July 31, 2017 at 3:18 pm
  • Reply Cecile Blaireau

Well, I say we all have a passion. If yours is make up, so be it!

July 31, 2017 at 5:10 pm
  • Reply Laura

I don’t tend to where makeup most days but when I have a night out (rare with a toddler) I do plaster it on – I may have to have a look at what my night out face costs.

July 31, 2017 at 7:47 pm
  • Reply Angela Milnes

These are all looks an awesome collection and I really want to have that Anastacia highlighter

July 31, 2017 at 8:10 pm
  • Reply Sarah | A Few Favourite Things

I hardly wear any make up and the little bits that I do wear every now again I’ve had for at least a year

August 1, 2017 at 7:55 pm
  • Reply Sarah D

I have a face cream and occasionally some mascara….. I probably should try harder!

August 1, 2017 at 8:28 pm
  • Reply Ickle Pickle

Oh wow – mine costs £7.99 for mascara! You have an awesome range of make up! Kaz 🙂

August 1, 2017 at 8:45 pm
  • Reply Michelle Kellogg

I like the tattoo eyeliner! I love eyeliner. It’s my favorite product in the makeup category. I’m only familiar with a few of these brands but these days I stick to a fairly new makeup brand here in the U.S. called e.l.f.

August 2, 2017 at 1:22 am
  • Reply Elizabeth

My goodness that’s a rather pricey lifestyle, lol! Mine cost under £10 – moisturiser and mascara, lol!

August 2, 2017 at 7:12 am
  • Reply Battlemum

I’ve heard great things about Kate von D and the Anastasia range of makeup but don’t own any. I might need a trip to Sephora when we’re in the states later this month! The price doesn’t shock me as I firmly believe, when it comes to makeup and beauty products, you pay for what you get.

August 2, 2017 at 11:09 am
  • Reply shoshana sue

The Zoeva Rose Golden Eyeshadow Palette shades are really beautiful. Such warm tones and these are the shades I always pick.I haven’t been taking care of my skin lately and would like to start again soon. This is motivation!

August 2, 2017 at 7:45 pm
  • Reply Musings of a tired mummy...zzz

Several brands I haven’t heard of so will look out for them now! Love all the different colours and products

August 2, 2017 at 7:57 pm
  • Reply Laura Rocksteady

Wow it’s really surprising when you put the cost of things together the total amount, mine it around £120 and I don’t think I spend a lot at all – well it depends if going out I use more expensive stuff. Very interesting

August 3, 2017 at 10:12 am
  • Reply Sarah L

I love the Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. I’d like to try the Zoeva Rose Golden Eyeshadow Palette, SO pretty! I don’t wear make up as much as I use to so any products I buy last me a long time which keeps the cost down some what. I really enjoyed this post!! xx

August 3, 2017 at 10:27 am
  • Reply Chichi

love the title of the post!!!i use the kat von d trooper and like it very much!

August 3, 2017 at 6:59 pm
  • Reply Cecilia

Wow that is quite a lot! I’m too nervous to check how much my face is worth! I absolutely love the Este Lauder foundation it is so good! Love all your products x

August 5, 2017 at 7:53 pm
  • Reply Lisa

Gosh it’s pretty expensive when you add it all up! I don’t know how much mine would come to, but I don’t wear lots of makeup and it tends to last me a long time.

August 14, 2017 at 10:03 am