Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter Eye Shadows: Are They Worth The Hype?

Stila Glitter Eyeshadow

Now if you’ve read my blog much before you can probably answer the question in my title without having to read this post but I thought I’d write about these truly unique liquid eyeshadows anyway.

Stila seriously seem to be killing it recently, especially after seeing the mermaid liquid eyeshadows which are set to release soon, I can’t wait to grab one of the pink and gold versions and feel like it’s Glastonbury every single day *sheds a tear that I wasn’t there this year*

I bought my first one of these after hearing every single blogger rave about them so I went for Rose Gold Retro, although I ended up having to order it from Asos as all the usual places including M&S seemed to be constantly sold out. Obviously, them being sold out made me want them more and the cycle continued. Until this point I hadn’t really dabbled into Stila makeup, opting only for their skincare range but this was definitely one of the best launches of 2017.

Stila Eyeshadow

The formula of these liquid eyeshadows are not chalky like some I’ve experienced, they’re creamy and while they don’t take long to dry they aren’t drying on your lids. I’ve had some liquid eyeshadows that almost dry so much you can feel them everytime you open and close your eyes and they feel like they’re going to crack. The Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter Eye Shadows do not do this. *Hooray*

The applicator is great and helps the product glide on easily, I’ve never experienced glitter fallout from them and they do not sit in the creases of your eyes like most liquid eyeshadows do. I loved Rose Gold Retro so much that I booked Bronzed Bell which is a more copper look as opposed to a light rosy gold colour. Other than being a little pricey at £23 per tube I can’t fault these eyeshadows and I can’t wait for the mermaid versions to come out so I can go crazy all over again. In short, yes they’re worth the hype.

Do you give into hype around products?
July 6, 2017

• Reply Robin Rue

Those are really cool. I am a BIG fan of anything glittery or sparkly, so I would totally try these!!

July 6, 2017 at 1:34 pm
  • Reply Melissa Chapman

Those eyeshadows look great for my next big event out. I am not one for a lot of makeup but I will look for these here in the states.

July 6, 2017 at 5:49 pm
  • Reply OurMiniFamily

I have never really been a fan of liquid shadows, but I LOVE glitter eyeshadow in general! That is great that these Stile ones don’t crack when you close your eyes–I definitely have had experience with other ones that have been like that. Maybe I’ll try these!

July 6, 2017 at 10:41 pm
  • Reply Theresa

I haven’t worn liquid shadow in so long! I like the shade you are using.

July 6, 2017 at 11:07 pm
  • Reply Jessi Joachim

I love liquid shadows! These are so pretty too! Stila usually has really great products so I am excited to try theses.

July 7, 2017 at 12:08 am
  • Reply Cassie Liz

I have never used a liquid eyeshadow before but these colours look fabulous! I definitely want to see if I can find them!! They probably ship to Australia if they aren’t sold here already

July 7, 2017 at 5:07 am
  • Reply Jalisa Marie

I haven’t worn liquid eyeshadow in forever. Normally in the Summer I tend to die down my makeup. But in the Fall I’ll definitely be revisiting it.

July 7, 2017 at 11:25 am
  • Reply Terri Steffes

Sigh, I do give in to the hype. I do like a little sparkle in the eyeshadow, so I would definitely give in to this one.

July 7, 2017 at 1:44 pm
  • Reply redheadmomblog

I’ve gone back and forth on buying these. I thought they were really pretty when swatched on the hands, but was worried about how thick and drying they would be on my lids. So I just didn’t end up buying them.

July 7, 2017 at 6:15 pm
  • Reply Natasha

I have a friend who is using this and it seems this has become her best friend. I cannot deny that this looks good on her.

July 7, 2017 at 6:49 pm
  • Reply PrimeBeauty

I don’t always give into the hype. When I hear about something I like to go to a store and give it a swatch to make sure the hype is deserved. It is more than deserved with the Magnificent Metals. They are gorgeous.

July 7, 2017 at 6:51 pm
  • Reply Donah @ SweetJellyBean

There should also be some glittery and magnificent metals out there that are not so expensive but we all know that most of the times, the quality also are sacrificed. So yes, it is worth the hype!

July 7, 2017 at 8:05 pm
  • Reply Jeanine @ sixtimemommy.com

Oh wow those are really neat. My girls are way more into make up than I am and they’d love something like this, but not for myself.

July 8, 2017 at 7:36 pm
  • Reply Donna

I like the look of these for my holiday next week! I don’t want to spend time doing intricate make-up but a little dash of shimmer would be great!

July 10, 2017 at 9:08 am
  • Reply Cecilia C. Cannon

I probably won’t use this but I definitely have a girlfriend who would love it, thanks for sharing a great gift idea!

July 10, 2017 at 9:34 am
  • Reply Joanna

I’ve never tried liquid eyeshadows before and not sure they are my thing. However I do love the look of the colors, perfect for summer.

July 10, 2017 at 4:54 pm
  • Reply Mel

I’ve never tried these before (or anything by Stila for that matter) but Rose Gold Retro looks so pretty I’m almost tempted into parting with my money for it right now!

July 10, 2017 at 6:56 pm
  • Reply Lukeosaurus And Me

Oh my gosh, these look amazing! I’ve never tried liquid (or even creamy) eye shadows before, for fear of never being able to apply them properly, but these look really great and I am a real sucker for glitter.

July 10, 2017 at 6:58 pm
  • Reply KGR

I’m glad they remained creamy and easy to apply and that you didn’t get glitter everywhere. I tend not to wear eyeshadow but the rose gold colour looks amazing.

July 11, 2017 at 9:46 am
  • Reply Jennifer Eastwell

I had a liquid eye shadow for my sisters wedding. They are really nice and found it stayed in all day. I would definately wear again. I love the Bronzed Bell shade but I don’t know if it would go with my skin tone, I think Rose Gold would look better.

July 11, 2017 at 11:12 am
  • Reply Emma @ AdventuresofaLondonKiwi

I adore the shading of this one – what a gorgeous sparkle!

July 11, 2017 at 6:56 pm
  • Reply Being Ashleigh

I would normally bypass these in the shops as I wouldn’t have a clue how to use them. However, it sounds like they are great and I love the colours too!

July 11, 2017 at 7:08 pm
  • Reply ERFmama

Looks beautiful, I’ve never tried liquid eye shadow – but for me the most important question then becomes: Is it tested on animals?

July 11, 2017 at 7:22 pm
  • Reply Zena's Suitcase

This sounds like my kind of eye shadow. If it’s easy to apply its a win with me. The colour you have is lovely too

July 12, 2017 at 9:27 pm
  • Reply Chichi

i have been looking for liquid eyeshadows and this one sounds like the one!

July 13, 2017 at 5:49 pm