I Am Addicted To Pop Vinyl – Collection Update

Pop Vinyl Jack and Sally

Anyone who reads this blog regularly will know I am completely addicted to Pop Vinyl figures. A did an introduction post about five month’s ago with the figures that I’d collected so far, but since then my collection has expanded even further, so much so my dad’s had to create an additional bit of shelf to add next to my current one just to house them.

Here’s a brief run down of what I have in my collection so far

Nightmare Before Christmas

My Pop Vinyl collections began with the Nightmare Before Christmas pop’s as being one of my favourite movies I couldn’t be without the Pops. I always like to keep an eye on what new ones are released and I know that this Halloween there should be two or three new ones as they’ve been teased on the back of a Pop from last year.

I have seven variations of Jack including the original Jack, limited edition Jack with snowflake, Santa Jack, Dapper Jack, Jack with Vampire Teddy, Pajama Jack and the Day of the Dead Jack. Alongside this, I have five variations of Sally including the original Sally, limited edition Sally with a rose, Nightshade Sally, Sally seated and the Day of the Dead Sally (which I paid way more than I usually would for on Ebay).

Then there’s the additional Pops including Pumpkin King, Zero, Behemoth, Oogie Boogie and Oogie Boogie with bugs which I stumbled across on the US Amazon site.

At the moment there seems to only be one Nightmare pop I am missing which is the Mayor, but as he was vaulted quite a while ago they go for silly money which I just can’t justify spending.

Pop Vinyl Nightmare

Lord of the Rings

I missed out on the original Lord of the Rings pops so when they announced a new variety of them were being brought out I pre-ordered five of the six pop collection including Gandalf, Frodo, Samwise, Nazgul and Saruman.

The only one I need in the collection is Balrog but as he’s a big bigger than the standard Pops I don’t know whether he’ll be too big for my collection.

Alice in Wonderland

I absolutely love Alice in Wonderland (both Tim Burton and non) so the first full collection I owned was the four Alice in Wonderland Tim Burton characters which include Alice, the Queen of Hearts, Mad Hatter and Cheshire Cat.

Next up they released six Pops within the Through the Looking Glass collection and I own Alice Kinsley, Iracabeth, Mcwispy and Time. I started with these one’s as they had obvious differences from the original collection. The two I am currently missing are Mad Hatter and Cheshire Cat which I know will be mine soon.

I also have Alice from the original Disney collection, I also want to get the Queen of Hearts as she’s still available.

Pop Vinyl Alice

Marvel

I am not really making full collections on the Marvel Pops otherwise I would be super poor but I’m tending to pick ones from movies I love or have just seen which is what I did with Logan, Deadpool with Two Swords, Groot from Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and Doctor Strange. I then picked up one of the original Spiderman pop in red and black and then was sent the Spiderman Homecoming Pop in a subscription box.

To finish off my Marvel Pops I bought Matt Murdock as I thought he was awesome and I love Daredevil, and naturally, I then had to buy The Punisher, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage, although I’m waiting for a Netflix Marvel version of Iron Fist to complete my collection.

DC

Next up is my very limited DC collection which includes Arkham Knight Batman and Arkham Joker as I love this era of Batman, and then after the Suicide Squad movie last year I had to buy Joker Shirtless, Harley Quinn and my favourite member of the team El Diablo.

Other Movies/ TV Shows

This is my miscellaneous collection which is just a few Pops from some of my favourite movies. Of course, I had to begin with three characters from Tim Burton movies including Edward Scissorhands, Beetlejuice and Miss Peregrine with an Owl. Edward is one of my favourite movies and I absolutely love the Pop as I think they’ve captured his expression perfectly.

Next up I have Emmett Brown and Marty McFly from Back to the Future which is one of the top franchises ever. I really wanted the Marty on a hoverboard but I struggled to find it but I’m hoping that it will make its way into my collection soon.

After becoming obsessed with Rick and Morty I bought the original pair and I think they add a bit of fun animation into my Pop Vinyl collection.

The final pop is from the Disney collection and is of one of my favourite Villains Maleficent. I am a massive Disney fan and tend to find that I am more drawn towards the Villains (tells everyone a lot about me!) There are a few other Disney characters I’d love for example Jafar almost certainly has to work his way into my collection as my top Disney movie is Aladdin, but that could end up spiraling out of control.

Parks and Rec

I am going to be honest and say I have no idea how it took Funko so long to make a Parks and Rec Pop Vinyl but I am so glad that they did. I only watched the show for the first time this year but I am obsessed and just love everything about it so I pre-ordered the whole collection as soon as it was announced. They began with five characters including four obvious ones; Leslie Knope, Ron Swanson, April Ludgate and Andy Dwyer. But the final one threw me a little, I was thinking Tom Haverford, but no it’s Lil Sebastian. Of course, I bought the pop (it can be annoying not having a full collection) but I just feel that they threw that one in when it didn’t need to be with the central characters.

August 11, 2017

• Reply Kim Carberry

What a fantastic collection. I have a few but nothing compared to you. Mine consist of WWE one’s and The Walking Dead one’s x

August 11, 2017 at 9:39 pm
  • Reply Ana De- Jesus

Now I am just waiting for them to make drag queens as pop vinyls as I would happily buy them. You have a fab collection love El Diablo x

August 12, 2017 at 12:32 pm
  • Reply Mummy Times Two

I can really see why you like collecting these, they really are very cute x

August 12, 2017 at 7:01 pm
  • Reply Stephanie Cummings

What an amazing collection you have. I have also just discovered Parks and Recreation and love it x

August 12, 2017 at 8:28 pm
  • Reply Kacie

My niece loves these – she would be so envious of your collection!

August 13, 2017 at 12:47 pm
  • Reply Gareth Torrance

I have a Daryl Dixon one of these, but a Jack and Sally set would be even better!

August 13, 2017 at 3:05 pm
  • Reply Becca Talbot

These little pop vinyl dudes are super cute! I’ve never actually seen them myself in stores, so is there specialist places you buy them from? x

August 13, 2017 at 3:52 pm
  • Reply Rachel

I love seeing whats new in your collection, you have so many amazing ones! xo

August 13, 2017 at 6:47 pm
  • Reply Emma

I’ve never seen these anywhere before, what an interesting collection.

August 13, 2017 at 6:50 pm
  • Reply The Frenchie Mummy

omg! You have so many of them! I saw those a couple of times in shop but I never bought one

August 13, 2017 at 10:20 pm
  • Reply Emma Lofthouse-Burch

I love these, so cool. The Alice ones are fab x

August 13, 2017 at 10:37 pm
  • Reply Helen

That’s an impressive collection! I’ve never heard of these before, but it’s fun collecting something – you never know they could be worth a lot of money in the future!

August 14, 2017 at 5:37 am
  • Reply Joanna

What a great collection I love the look of the Alice in wonderland ones.

August 14, 2017 at 11:17 am
  • Reply shelley

What a fab collection, I’ve never actually collected anything which is a shame when seeing something so amazing as yours 🙂

August 14, 2017 at 12:38 pm
  • Reply Leigh

That’s a great collection. I think I need to start with Suicide Squad and Parks & Rec.

August 14, 2017 at 5:03 pm
  • Reply Jenni

I have a few of these. I love the Jack and Sally ones! I would also like to collect the Alice in Wonderland ones

August 14, 2017 at 8:14 pm
  • Reply Musings of a tired mummy...zzz...

Are the pics all your collection?! Wow! I’m impressed. I’m quite obsessive about collecting things (stamps, Sylvanian Families, Lego etc) so I approve!

August 14, 2017 at 8:28 pm
  • Reply Elizabeth

What a super collection! It kind of reminds me of my grandmother who had a closet filled with figures in boxes like these back in the 1980s/90s. They’d be worth a mint now!

August 15, 2017 at 6:55 am
  • Reply Emmy - Misadventurous Mummy

I recently sold my whole collection! I had over 100. I love them, but they was taking up too much room compared to the love I had for them. Now I appreciate other peoples collections so I can live vicariously through them! Yours is a great collection!

August 15, 2017 at 7:49 am
  • Reply Jess Howliston

That’s a very impressive collection! I love the look of these and think they are something my son would like to collect so may help him start a collection too! x

August 15, 2017 at 9:07 am
  • Reply Sarah | Boo Roo and Tigger Too

I’d love to get the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts version of these

August 15, 2017 at 11:22 am
  • Reply Toni | This Mama Blogs

Such a huge collection! I remember my cousin used to collect bears then all she ever got as gifts from people were bear figurines so she decided to stop collecting so she could have something different! I’ve never really been a collector, well with the exception of my MAC lipsticks….

August 15, 2017 at 2:41 pm
  • Reply Mel

Wow you have such an incredible collection! I hope you get the ones you are wanting next soon!

August 15, 2017 at 3:08 pm
  • Reply Ting

Wow what a great collection! They’re all so cute too.

August 15, 2017 at 3:23 pm
  • Reply Rhi

They are very sweet, we have none in our house so I’m not showing my kids in case they start collecting them lol. You never know they could be really valuable in years to come.

August 15, 2017 at 3:42 pm
  • Reply Lucy | Real Mum Reviews

Wow that’s quite the collection!! I’ve seen these but don’t have any. Love the Alice in wonderland ones!!

August 15, 2017 at 4:14 pm
  • Reply Dena

Wow, you have so many! I have none, I have bought some for people, however, I am not really a collector xo

August 15, 2017 at 6:25 pm
  • Reply Helen

Wow what a collection! I’ve never seen these before but omg how cute are they. Especially the Jack & Sally’s that’s one of my favourite films ever.

August 15, 2017 at 7:53 pm
  • Reply Debbie Nicholas

Oh my gosh what a fab collection!!

August 15, 2017 at 8:05 pm
  • Reply Michelle Kellogg

My 10 year old collects them too. Not all of them but he favors Five Nights at Freddy’s and Minecraft. I like yours though. I was never into the Nightmare before Christmas. I only saw once or twice with the kids but I like the funko pops. They just look really cool 🙂

August 16, 2017 at 12:13 am
  • Reply Lisa

I’ve never even heard of pop vinyl before! But it looks like you’ve got a great collection.

August 16, 2017 at 10:58 pm
  • Reply Nadia

This is something I know nothing about but it looks like a fantastic collection!

August 16, 2017 at 11:31 pm
  • Reply Mandi

My four eldest children are obsessed, they all have their favourite series, so we have different ones in each of their bedrooms, my 14 year old is very proud of her Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor pack that she got at Comic Con! it does mean I always have something to buy for Christmas or birthdays!

August 19, 2017 at 9:40 pm
  • Reply Susanne remic

I just showed this to my eldest and oh my goodness she is so jealous!! She has just started her own collection and has the doll from Chucky and a couple of others. Now she’s determined to get as many as you haha!

August 21, 2017 at 2:02 pm