Five Things I Did This Week
- On Tuesday I had a nice pub dinner with some of the guys from work which was really nice, both the company and the food was great.
- On Wednesday I headed to the Scala to see a band I really like called Vukovi who were supporting Grouplove. I had a photo pass for the event and it was really nice to get back into live music photography which is something I haven’t done as much of over the past year.
- Thursday evening was my friend’s birthday night out where we played laser quest which was so much fun (and exhausting), then we went to a nice bar and had dinner and drinks. It was lovely to catch up with some friends, and we did plenty of exercise too.
- On Saturday me and my other half headed up to Blackpool for bank holiday weekend and we had a lovely few days in the city including a trip to the zoo, heading up the Blackpool tower, exploring the Star Trek exhibition, amusement arcades and strolls along the beach.
- Sunday evening was the reason we were in Blackpool which was to see Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff play their first UK show together in 12 years. The whole thing was so much fun and such a great show.
Five Great Things To Happen
- A skirt which I’ve had in my New Look wishlist for a while has gone less than half price so obviously I bought it straight away. I love finding things I want at bargain prices.
- I’ve been trying to minimalize my flat a bit more so I had a bit of a clear out of some bits and pieces around and I’m so happy with how it’s looking.
- Other than food I didn’t spend anything while I was in Blackpool which was great as I am trying to reign in my spending habits as I know I am pretty bad.
- I went to get my currency for Prague and they had it in stock which meant I didn’t need to order it. I’m so happy to have that sorted and I can’t believe it’s only about 10 days away.
- The weather was absolutely beautiful over bank holiday weekend and I am so happy that it wasn’t grey and miserable like it usually is.
Five Three Things Which Sucked
- The day of an event I was going to attend changed and I’m now busy on that day which is such a shame. I have still never been to a blogger event and I am determined to go to one before the year is out.
- I had an issue with my toilet during the week where water just kept coming out so we had to pull apart things in the bathroom to get to the cistern which is hidden and I just hope it’s something which can be fixed soon as currently, I can’t use it (thankfully I have two toilets though).
- Bank holiday weekend marked my first time in 10 years that I wasn’t at Reading/ Leeds Festival and it was such a strange feeling to not be there. Although I had a great time I know I’ll be back.
Five Things To Do Next Week
- Unpack and sort out everything post my Blackpool trip
- Look into booking our day trip to Pompeii for when we’re in Rome
- Try not to go crazy when I go out for a buffet dinner next Saturday
- Properly plan my September blog schedule as I am not as prepared as I usually am
- Look for a small coffee table for my balcony to add the final touch out there
What have you been up to this week?