Four Essentials You Need To Pack For A Trip Away

Cleanser

I spoke recently about how to effectively pack for a weekend away with some tips I’ve learned over plenty of travelling but now I’m back to talk about some of the essentials which you do need to pack for a short trip away. For me short trips away of up to four days are what the majority of my trips are, while it’s lovely to do a week or two somewhere I feel I see more of the world this way, plus it works better with my minimal holiday from work. Last year I managed to visit quite a few countries and achieve being out of England every month which I wouldn’t have managed to do without my short haul trips.

I almost solely travel on hand luggage only when it comes to these short trips, unless I’m flying Wizz Air when you have to pay for anything more than a handbag hand luggage, but that’s another story. So when it comes to choosing what to take you’ve got your clothing essentials but what else should you take?

Travel Towel

Now unless you’re staying in a super fancy hotel I can find towels a tricky situation. I almost always use two towels, one for my hair and one for my body but in so many places we’ve only been given one per person so I always take a travel towel with me. It takes up very little room and can be super useful as a towel if you’re going swimming/ to a spa as a proper beach towel can take up a lot of room within your luggage.

Cleansing and Exfoliating Brush

Now I don’t want my skincare routine (or lack of one) to drop when ever I go away but you don’t want to be taking your whole bathroom cabinet, especially when your liquid space is so limited. The SENSEE Silicone Facial Cleansing Brush and Exfoliator* is the perfect travel companion for so many reasons, firstly it;s such a good size and can just slot into the edge of your suitcase, plus look at the gorgeous glittery bag it comes with, that alone sold me on it. The brush will exfoliate your skin, remove residual makeup and dirt, make your pores smaller and can help prevent acne. After removing your makeup you just add a small amount of cleanser and glide the brush over your face spending about 15 seconds on each area, then once you’re rinsed and dried you can turn it around to activate the anti-ageing mode to massage around any fine lines. Another great thing is that it charges via USB so if you charge it before you go you won’t need to worry about doing it while you’re away.

Sunglasses

Sunglasses

Now this might seem like an obvious one but hear me out. If you were to go away during the warmer summer months you wouldn’t think twice about packing a pair of sunglasses but heading away for a week in February or November and you probably wouldn’t have sunglasses at the top of your list, but it’s something you need to take. Almost every time I’ve been away without sunglasses I have regretted it, and while it might not always be baking hot there’s always going to be times (especially on bus/ boat tours) when the sun’s glaring a little too much making you squint.

Tote Bag

After going through my collection last week I think I may be the queen of tote bags, I own far more than a normal person should but I’ll sing their praises all day long. A tote bag is such a multi functional item you can take it in your bag during the day in case you go shopping and want to pop everything safely together or you might be taking some food and drink out and don’t want to risk a fizzy drink explosion in your handbag. They also have so many more uses and I always use a tote bag for my dirty washing. When you’re travelling – especially on hand luggage only trips – you won’t want your dirty underwear floating around next to your Sephora purchases or that pretty dress that you took but didn’t wear. A tote bag can solve this problem.

August 7, 2017

• Reply DGGYST

This is such a great practical list! have the worst tendency to overpack for vacation. I’ve got hair extensions and 4 foundations, and 9 primers, and false eyelashes, and then I end up not even showering let alone stepping out of the house looking like Ru Paul lol

August 7, 2017 at 4:23 pm
  • Reply Leo

my friends always forget something or the other when we are on a trip.
    this is something they need to see.
    and there is this positive vibe that comes from your blog posts!!
    love it!

August 7, 2017 at 7:52 pm
  • Reply Rachel

I love those sunglasses! Also love the look of that facial brush! xo

August 7, 2017 at 8:27 pm
  • Reply Tifanee

I am going to looking bringing a facial brush for my next trip. It actually will cut down on what gets packed. I also agree with the glasses. I never travel without mine no matter when or where I’m going. I never thought about bringing a towel, but I can see how that’s a good idea!

August 7, 2017 at 9:56 pm
  • Reply Ana De- Jesus

Aw I can’t wait to travel! I like the idea of a travel tote and of course I take my sunglasses everywhere! I would also take my hats as well x

August 7, 2017 at 10:03 pm
  • Reply Aditi

I havent treid SENSEE Brush and Exfoliator yet but it looks like a great travel companion to me, except that everything from your list is a must for me too. This is a great list of essentials. 🙂

August 8, 2017 at 2:45 am
  • Reply Jeenu Pillai

Just 4 essential items!!! This makes life easier. Taking along a tote bag seems like a great idea. My wife says thank you for solving her travel woes.

August 8, 2017 at 4:15 pm
  • Reply yukti

Lovely tips to pack things specially for beach and summer holidays. Exfoliator brush and goggles are must for summer travel.

August 8, 2017 at 5:36 pm
  • Reply Kailash Joshi

Great list, i love travelling, when i go for bike trips, i carry lot of things like first aid kit, my all documents, battery bank and lot of other stuff too.

August 8, 2017 at 5:45 pm
  • Reply AllMyDeals

I plan to travel soon and these tips are a life saver. Keep up the good work

August 8, 2017 at 5:57 pm
  • Reply David Elliott

Having a great tote bag is always a great thing to have wherever you are. I think they can be multifunctional. I definitely agree with this.

August 9, 2017 at 4:20 pm
  • Reply Airra P

i would love to try that silicone brush since I always travel.
    i feel like i carry more whenever i go on a short trip, but i feel like the brush would be one of my life savers. lol

August 9, 2017 at 4:23 pm
  • Reply Michelle Paige

Such a helpful list of travel essentials! My sunnies and a portable phone charger are always a must have for me!

August 9, 2017 at 5:03 pm
  • Reply Elena

I always avoid taking products for my skin and I know how bad that is. I def have to change that bad habit of mine.

August 9, 2017 at 9:07 pm
  • Reply Jessamine

A helpful few tips here, love your sunglasses too

August 9, 2017 at 9:59 pm
  • Reply Kentaro Tanaka

I agree with these eseentials. I think the sunglasses are the most important. Any trip to somewhere with sunlight is definitely tiring and sunglasses help make the day better!

August 10, 2017 at 2:23 am
  • Reply Becca Talbot

Sunglasses are my number one essential – but I always forget them and end up buying them at the airport! Thank god for Accessorize stores haha! x

August 10, 2017 at 8:51 am
  • Reply Ellie

Tote bags are great, especially if they are ones you can take to the beach, like canvas ones. I always have a pair of sunglasses in my bag just in case!

August 10, 2017 at 2:05 pm
  • Reply Helen

I keep hearing good thing so about these cleansing brushes – I must try one out!

August 10, 2017 at 7:52 pm
  • Reply Bear and Cardigan

Totally with you on towel! They are always pristine white and it makes me scared to use them!

August 10, 2017 at 9:09 pm
  • Reply Jenny

I clearly have my priorities all wrong. I only care about my chargers and memory cards!

August 10, 2017 at 9:10 pm
  • Reply Angela Milnes

What an awesome post and so practical I think my friends need to see this post too, They always forgot something when we are on travel

August 10, 2017 at 9:21 pm
  • Reply Fatima

It’s so important to have all the important things handy when traveling. My travel bag used to be different earlier but after becoming a mom, I always ensure I keep everything that we might need for the baby. I’ve never tried the exfoliating brush and have been thinking I should have one. This brand sounds promising!

August 10, 2017 at 9:34 pm
  • Reply shelley

I always overpack for vacations so this is a very helpful guide to really only take the essentials!

August 10, 2017 at 10:13 pm
  • Reply Michelle Kellogg

I definitely don’t go anywhere without my sunglasses and tote bag:)

August 10, 2017 at 10:49 pm
  • Reply Talya

Sunglasses and tote bag literally can not go away anywhere without them!!!

August 11, 2017 at 7:44 am
  • Reply Lynne Harper

I’m awful for over packing then forgetting the essentials. The towel idea is a great one 🙂 x

August 11, 2017 at 9:23 am
  • Reply Ickle Pickle

Sunglasses too for me, and I love the sound of a travel towel. Kaz x

August 11, 2017 at 6:45 pm
  • Reply Ana Ojha

These are some great tips! I’m obsessed with sunglasses and never forgets to pack dozens of them on my trip. I can compromise with anything except my sunglasses…lol!

August 11, 2017 at 6:58 pm
  • Reply Jordanne | Thelifeofaglasgowgirl

Great essentials. I love my sensse silicone facial brush and the little bag that comes with it is so cute! I love mine. I also really agree with a tote bag, I really like a big spacious one.

Jordanne || Thelifeofaglasgowgirl.co.uk

August 11, 2017 at 10:26 pm
  • Reply Emma

I always take a pair of sunglasses. I found some great travel bottles for cleanser / toner /body wash etc… they are absolutely amazing for short term travel!

August 12, 2017 at 7:58 am
  • Reply London Mumma

Some lovely bits here that you have brought with you, me I bring the world.

August 12, 2017 at 1:08 pm
  • Reply Jazmin Williams

Ah some great essentials! I think a lot of people forget to keep skincare routines up when on holidays.

August 12, 2017 at 2:00 pm
  • Reply Simona Tinca

The sunglasses are essentials, I have them all the time with me. But I never thought to take my essentials skincare with me.

August 12, 2017 at 6:57 pm
  • Reply Jayne @ Sticky Mud And Belly Laughs

What a practical list. Tote bags are essential for all small breaks.
    (hubby helping out)

August 13, 2017 at 11:34 am
  • Reply Kusum

I don’t generally take an exfoliating brush while traveling but maybe I should. I’d say a good pair of shoes is absolutely essential for a trip away.

xx, Kusum | http://www.sveeteskapes.com

August 13, 2017 at 5:25 pm
  • Reply Mummy Times Two

Great tips, I always forget to pack sunglasses and then end up buying them wherever. We go!

August 14, 2017 at 8:10 am
  • Reply Dena

Fab tips, I always nearly forget to pack my sunglasses, so I’ve started packing more than one pair, just in case! xo

August 14, 2017 at 7:00 pm
  • Reply Hannah

Love this! Everything I own I carry on my back and I have nearly all of these… I would definitely add in my Kindle, Kalms tablets and a sleepmaster sleep mask – and noise cancelling earphones! XX

August 16, 2017 at 1:10 pm