The Importance Behind Watches And Jewellery

Watch

Ever since I can remember my family have always been jewellery lovers and this was only exemplified when I went on to work in a jewelers at age 17. Β For the most part I loved my job, I loved seeing the new products and learning more about the mechanics behind metals, gemstones and the technical side of watches. I worked throughout my university degree and ended up with almost eight years of experience within the industry when I moved on to another company so naturally during that time my collection of watches and jewellery peaked massively, as did the collections of most of my family.

I think there’s something really special about watches and jewellery, usually, they’re bought for a particular reason such as a birthday treat or a work promotion, or they’re given for an occasion such as an anniversary. I have certain items which I know straight away who bought it and when.

For example, I have a beautiful white gold diamond and ruby ring which I fell in love with at work which my brother and two of my best friend’s clubbed together to buy for my 20th birthday, completely unknown to me. Even now 7 and a half year’s later I still wear it and it makes me smile so much, especially as one of my friends I don’t see very often. The very next year for my 21st my parent’s bought me the matching necklace which at the moment of writing this post is hanging proudly around my neck.

Chamilia

I remember buying my mum her very first Chamilia bracelet and over the year’s filling it with charms from various family members for occasions and I have quite a lot of these myself, it’s scary to think how much money is on each bracelet. I have one which is super special though and holds particular charms which really mean a lot to me such as the globe which is for my love of traveling, the camera for my love of taking photos and the umbrella which was bought just after a particularly rainy Download Festival for my love of festivals.

Watches are a bit of an obsession of mine and I accumulated a lot over the years although many of them need new batteries now as I’ve let them die. I was recently sent this beautiful Globenfeld Daytimer Watch* which has a blue leather strap with orange stitching and beautiful smaller details like rose gold edging on the face. Having spent year’s staring at watches I know what I like and for a guy a chronograph watch is always going to be the style I go for (they have the three dials on the face as opposed to a plain face). I debated about who to gift the watch to and decided upon my other half as this would then be the very first item of jewellery that I had given to him and it seemed like a special enough reason as any. I know now that even year’s down the line when we look at the watch that we’ll remember that detail.

Do you have any special jewellery which has an important meaning to you?
August 8, 2017

• Reply Mummy Times Two

Both beautiful pieces. My Other Half bought me a necklace for our first Christmas. Five years later I still wear it every day.

August 8, 2017 at 7:04 pm
  • Reply Ana De- Jesus

I had no idea that you used to work in a jewellers! I am so pleased that you were sent some beautiful pieces, I love the watch x

August 9, 2017 at 7:51 pm
  • Reply Nichola - Globalmouse

Aw I love seeing your jewellery and hearing the stories behind them. I think that’s the nicest thing about jewellery that it has all the stories and memories attached.

August 10, 2017 at 4:57 pm
  • Reply five little doves

Ahh gorgeous! I love that bracelet, I have a Pandora and each charm is special to me for a different reason. I love how charm bracelets can tell a story.

August 10, 2017 at 5:43 pm
  • Reply Afshan Nasim

These jewellery pieces are really nice and would look great on the wrist. The watch is really good looking, hope your husband is pleased with his watch.

August 10, 2017 at 9:25 pm
  • Reply Stephanie Merry

I got a beautiful Tiffany ring for my last birthday and I love it. Along with the earnings and charm bracelet I got for my 18th and 21st birthdays x

August 11, 2017 at 10:34 am
  • Reply Lilinha

I have a cross chain that I treasure and wear it every day. It was a special gift that I love so much!

August 11, 2017 at 11:08 am
  • Reply Sarah | Boo Roo and Tigger Too

I have a couple of special pieces of jewellery which I’m sad to say hardly ever get worn. I’m not really a jewellery person so they sit in my jewellery box

August 11, 2017 at 11:13 am
  • Reply Dannii

I don’t wear a lot of jewellery, but what I do wear means a lot to me and it’s usually something that my husband has bought me.

August 11, 2017 at 2:33 pm
  • Reply Kacie Morgan

That’s a beautiful charm bracelet! I don’t wear watches much though.

August 11, 2017 at 4:52 pm
  • Reply Ashleigh Dougherty

I don’t wear very much jewellery myself, but I do love a good watch! I’m wearing a lovely rose gold one at the moment πŸ™‚

August 11, 2017 at 5:37 pm
  • Reply jen @ thehollyhockdoor

two lovely pieces! It’s always special when a family member or loved one buy you a piece of jewelry, isn’t it? I have some of my mum’s jewelry and wear it with pride on special occasions so I can feel she’s with me in spirit.

August 12, 2017 at 1:03 am
  • Reply Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes

I totally agree, there is something so special about watches and jewellery πŸ™‚ I don’t tend to wear too much but what I do wear is very sentimental to me.

August 12, 2017 at 10:34 am
  • Reply Michelle Kellogg

Jewelry and watches do tend to hold a sentimental value to most of us. My ex-husband still has a Mickey Mouse watch that his grandfather had given him shortly before he passed. It still sits on his dresser like a very special keepsake that he will never part with. I have a necklace that my brother made for me back when we were teenagers and he didn’t have any money to buy me anything. So he had a friend help him make me a necklace that hangs over my desk actually:)

August 12, 2017 at 12:50 pm
  • Reply London Mumma

I never knew the value of watches and jewlerry that was not until I became a mother and the value that it holds, to be passed on.

August 12, 2017 at 1:30 pm
  • Reply Melanie

I love jewellery and it is a significant gift. I love the beautiful Globenfeld Daytimer Watch so lovely :)x

August 12, 2017 at 3:35 pm
  • Reply Candice Nikeia

Yes! I have a ring from my grandmother that I cherish !

August 12, 2017 at 5:08 pm
  • Reply Musings of a tired mummy...zzz...

I bought a watch with the money my grandad left me so it has huge sentimental value. I always wear the ring my parents got me for my 18th birthday

August 12, 2017 at 7:53 pm
  • Reply Zena's Suitcase

I think having jewellery that has a special meaning is a lovely thing. I love that you still wear your ring and the story behind it

August 12, 2017 at 7:55 pm
  • Reply Sarah Ann

I have a necklace that has huge sentimental value to me which I cherish. I’ve never actually owned a watch (always used my phone to check the time) and I’ve recently decided I need to get one.

August 12, 2017 at 8:13 pm
  • Reply shelley

I love buying jewellery, I am always very careful with it and don’t just buy loads but rather more selected πŸ™‚

August 13, 2017 at 5:27 pm
  • Reply Rachel

I’m very particular about wearing jewellery and usually wear a few pieces I’ve got from Tiffany’s. They were gifts for Birthdays, Graduation etc.. so hold a lot of sentimental value xo

August 13, 2017 at 6:41 pm
  • Reply MissPond

Both beautiful pieces. I have a watch my grandma had, it was given to me when she died. It means a lot to me and I keep it for special occasions πŸ™‚

August 13, 2017 at 6:52 pm