Four Essential Items For Working Out

Sports Essentials

Over the past nine months, my workout routine has gone tits up to be honest. Before meeting my other half I’d spend a few evening’s a week going to classes at the gym and working out (although still nowhere near as much as I should have been), but now I just want to spend my evenings in chilling and being together. One of my fitness plans is to get into the habit of morning workouts either doing something at home, heading to a 7 am class, or just going for a walk/ run.

I’m not one of those people who takes masses of stuff with me to the gym when I go as I always shower at home but there are some essential items which I couldn’t be without.

iPod

One of the first essential items is always going to be music for me. I find working out a great time to listen to an epic playlist and listen to those bands who have a great beat. I still have an Ipod classic 160gb edition as although I love Spotify there’s so much music on my iPod that I can’t bare to be without it. I have had my one replaced once but I am hoping that this one lasts a decent amount of time.

Sports Bra

Sports Bra

One thing I tend to struggle with is appropriate clothing as I find items tend to come out really small and the choice of items in larger sizes tends to be pretty poor which is why when I discovered Hunkemoller I was over the moon that their sports bras didn’t just stop at 38 which is what a lot of brands do, they, in fact, go larger and cover all sizes. Finding the perfect sports bra can be pretty hard as it needs to be supportive enough without being uncomfortable which is where this beautiful black and white bra from Hunkemoller* comes in. The brand has over 130 year’s experience in the lingerie world as one of Europe’s fastest growing lingerie brands but they’ve just entered the UK market which for us ladies is a huge blessing as they cater for all body shapes from AA to H cups. The sports bra I have fastens like a normal bra and doesn’t have chunky pull over straps which I personally hate, it has normal straps with an additional cross over for support and it really does support me whether it’s a spin class, a brisk walk or a gym session.

Water Bottle

Water Bottle

Hydration is one of the most important things to consider when working out as you always need water, especially when you’re doing a lot of cardio based work when you will sweat and lose liquid in your bodies. I’ve had a fair few water bottles over the year’s but it can be a bit tricky to find one which you can operate one handed while pedaling like a crazy person in a Spin class. Fortunately, I’ve now found one which not only can be operated one handed but also includes a lock so you know it won’t leak out in your gym bag. This Contigo* water bottle holds 750ml of liquid which is the perfect amount for a 45 min class and the Tritan body means it won’t stain or retain odors, perfect if like me you sometimes leave water in there between sessions. The flip lock sliding button means it’s leak-proof and the spout shield keeps the spout clean and protected, and the large button next to it acts as an auto-spout so with one click you can take a sip of your water.

Fitbit Charge 2 HR

After having a successful time with my original Fitbit, I upgraded to the Charge 2 HR this year and I have to say I’m loving it and is in my top essential items for working out. It’s a great thing that you can remove the strap to change it as I now have a mesh metal bracelet as opposed to a rubber one on there which means it looks nicer on and not as chunky, but I’ve still got the option to swap it out with whatever I want to use. The main feature of step counting is the one I use the most, but knowing my heart rate at the flick of my wrist and my mileage and active minutes are great to help me plan what activities/ days worked better for me and which one’s not so much,

August 1, 2017

• Reply Being Ashleigh

I can’t live without sports bras, they are seriously essential for me. Really like the look of this one!

August 2, 2017 at 5:40 pm
  • Reply Kacie Morgan

I don’t think I’d ever work out if it wasn’t for my sports bra and iPhone music!

August 2, 2017 at 5:47 pm
  • Reply Mummy Times Two

I love these suggestions, the iPod is the most important for me I think.

August 2, 2017 at 8:29 pm
  • Reply Sarah Ann

My Ipod is a must for working out! Music definitely keeps me motivated.

August 2, 2017 at 9:59 pm
  • Reply Mellissa Williams

These are great suggestions – I too need a good old playlist to really get me going!

August 2, 2017 at 10:11 pm
  • Reply Ana De Jesus

I have never used a fitbit before but I have always wanted to! I like the idea of using a sports bra as well x

August 3, 2017 at 12:51 am
  • Reply Gareth Torrance

Music is a definite necessity! Whenever I work out, I have to have Spotify playing NuMetal playlists.

August 3, 2017 at 7:10 am
    • Reply Rhian Westbury

Numetal is such a good genre to work out to! x

August 3, 2017 at 8:44 am
  • Reply Laura Crichton

Sports bras are really tricky – I had some that are so tight that it’s uncomfortable but anything less and the bounce is too much! This sounds like a great choice.

August 3, 2017 at 5:11 pm
  • Reply Talya Stone

A good sports bra and water bottle are absolute musts could not be without them during a workout!

August 3, 2017 at 5:39 pm
  • Reply Helen Jacob-Lloyd

That sports bra looks brilliant! I love the polka dot type pattern 🙂

August 3, 2017 at 6:31 pm
  • Reply Melanie

Water bottle and sports bra are key. Also music always helps to motivate :)x

August 3, 2017 at 9:14 pm
  • Reply Angela Milnes

One day I would love to start working out. Trying to do any workout with my illness, is very hard indeed. Love all of these items, especially the bra.

Angela

August 4, 2017 at 2:12 am
  • Reply jennifuchs

I really need to get back in to my work out routine after our house move! And to start using my Fitbit again – it disappeared during the move, it’s probably in the very last box, lol.

August 4, 2017 at 6:23 am
  • Reply Nicol Wong

ive just been researching about fitbit after reading this post. ive been wanting one for ages but i wasn’t 100% sold on it. I’m still tempted

August 4, 2017 at 10:13 am
  • Reply Emma - Our Fairytale Adventure

I don’t think I could do my workouts properly without a decent sports bra! I keep toying with the idea of buying a fitbit, not sure if they are worth the money though.

August 4, 2017 at 11:09 am
  • Reply Elizabeth

I agree a good sports bra is essential. I love mine and wouldn’t be without it!

August 4, 2017 at 2:04 pm
  • Reply francesca

Your sports bra looks lovely!! I recently got one from nike and its so cosy I love it!! I usually take my phone and have a spotify playlist which I attach onto an arm piece so I don’t have to hold it whilst working out!

August 4, 2017 at 2:54 pm
  • Reply Yaya

What a lovely sports bra! You can easily tell that the quality is good even from the pics. This is going on my wishlist! x

August 4, 2017 at 3:12 pm
  • Reply danasia fantastic

I always have my music when I workout, but I need to get better about finding more supportive sports bras. That one from Hunkemoller would be perfect!

August 5, 2017 at 3:23 pm
  • Reply Tanya Brannan

One of the things I find so frustrating is the fact that the bigger breasts you have, meaning you REALLY need a good sports bra… and they are pretty non-existant. I am an N cup and struggle to get normal bras, so there is NO chance of a sports bra. There really is a huge gap in the market for them, sadly

August 6, 2017 at 9:28 am
  • Reply Gemma

love the look of that bra! much prefer ones with cups instead of ones you pull over your head

August 6, 2017 at 6:49 pm
  • Reply Leigh Travers

I absolutely cannot work out without my music. I’ve gone half way to the gym before, realised I left my headphones and turned straight back around!

August 6, 2017 at 7:54 pm
  • Reply Tanya

I’m really considering treating myself to a Fitbit. My workout routine has completely fallen apart lately, I blame the summer and the lovely sun that we’ve been getting. I’m a light gym packer too though

August 6, 2017 at 10:53 pm
  • Reply steph c

I love my Ipod but my gym plays music too loudly so I can’t listen to my own music as I can still hear the gyms own music. Luckily it is pretty good mucis. I’m looking to get a new fit bit or fitness tracker but there is so much choice I can’t decide on what to get

August 7, 2017 at 11:57 am
  • Reply Katrina

Sports bra is a daily essential for me never mind running haha

August 7, 2017 at 9:44 pm
  • Reply Rachel

Sport Bras are so important, I’ve actually seen a few that I like from Hunkemoller that i love. An ipod is the ultimate essential though! xo

August 8, 2017 at 3:50 pm