When’s Too Early To Start Talking About Christmas?

Christmas

Yes I did it, I mentioned the C-bomb which is likely to throw people into a panic. A lot of people will probably raise their eyebrows and ask why are you worrying me about how hypothetically close Christmas is?! My answer will be that by mentioning this early I’m helping you not to panic because you have more time to prepare and prevent last minute preparations.

I am one of those sad organized people who starts Christmas shopping in January. Yes, I bought some presents in the sales as I spotted things which would be perfect for my family and I just bought them. If I see something in a store which someone would love then I’ll buy it, regardless of whether it’s March, August or November. For me doing this means that I am not continuously skint for the few month’s before Christmas buying all the presents I need for family, friends and loved ones within a small time frame.

I’ve spoken before about how much I like to spoil my family, and my preparing and buying throughout the year, it means I can do just that. I have started writing up my lists already and I am pretty sure from mid-September I’ll be on active Christmas mode, but what’s sad is how many people tell me I’m weird for doing this. Sure everyone does things differently but why is it weird when I’m trying to spread the cost of shopping and not be left skint in December when all the Christmas parties and nights out happen?

Some stores will start to bring Christmas bits in during September, but for most mid to late October is standard but I’m too much of a big kid and don’t want to have to wait that long. I’ve seen Christmas ranges teased online and as it’s my favouriteย time of the year I just want it to be acceptable to discuss the C-word now.

What do you start thinking ahead to Christmas?
August 31, 2017

• Reply Katie

It is NEVER too early to talk about Christmas; I’m being super organised this year and I’ve already bought some presents already!!
    x

August 31, 2017 at 6:58 pm
  • Reply Life as Mum

I get SO excited for Christmas and have already started planning to buy presents!

August 31, 2017 at 8:24 pm
  • Reply miranda

crickey! Christmas already. -pants- I havent started thinking about Christmas just yet. I feel as though I am at least another 2 months away.

August 31, 2017 at 8:35 pm
  • Reply MELANIE EDJOURIAN

And so you should be organised. I like to try to be organised lol. I try to buy during the year when I can. I think about it as early as i remember.

August 31, 2017 at 10:42 pm
  • Reply Melanie

I have just had this conversation today with my mother. I’m very organised so October will be my time to begin Christmas browsing in the shops :)x

August 31, 2017 at 10:46 pm
  • Reply Ana De- Jesus

Haha in my eyes it is never too early to talk about Christmas although I am more of the last minute holiday kind of shopper. Wish I was as organized as you! x

August 31, 2017 at 11:06 pm
  • Reply Gareth Torrance

Haha, this is something that the guys are work always make fun of me for… You see, I’ve already bought my gifts for everyone except my daughter. I wait longer for her because there might be a new toy that comes out that she wants. But for the adults, everything is already sorted. ๐Ÿ˜€

September 1, 2017 at 7:30 am
  • Reply Lilinha

It’s never too early too early to talk about Christmas. I look forward to it all year round!

September 1, 2017 at 10:13 am
  • Reply Mel

I’m like you and am always thinking ahead – makes much more sense to pick things up through the year than spend an eye watering amount right before the festive season

September 1, 2017 at 12:23 pm
  • Reply Stephanie Merry

I tend to start thinking about Christmas from about July when the Christmas in July press shows start! But personally, I like to wait until November x

September 1, 2017 at 2:53 pm
  • Reply Helen

I don’t think it’s ever too early to be talking about Christmas! I’ve been buying presents all year round and am so excited for this year, as it’s the first one my daughter will really understand what’s going on ๐Ÿ™‚

September 1, 2017 at 6:14 pm
  • Reply Rochelle

It’s never too early to talk about Christmas or Christmas shop, but it definitely can be too early to decorate for it! If the month doesn’t begin with a ‘D’, keep your tinsel in the attic where it belongs, I say!

September 1, 2017 at 6:40 pm
  • Reply Rebecca Smith

It’s never too early to start talking about Christmas! I’ve started buying long ago – I have to though with Jack born just before and Olivia just after

September 1, 2017 at 9:00 pm
  • Reply Louise

This year I haven’t, but most years I buy stuff whenever I see it. It’s been a bit difficult this year though as Nathan and I have hit a rough patch and I’ve moved out for a while to see if things improve. It’s meant I’ve not had any spare cash for little luxuries though ๐Ÿ™

Louise x

September 2, 2017 at 2:55 am
  • Reply Angela Ricardo Bethea

It’s never too early for Christmas season! I actually prefer your style to shop throughout the year than to compete with other shoppers on getting the present and you wouldn’t have a jam-packed schedule when December comes.

September 2, 2017 at 4:38 am
  • Reply Annie B

Woah! Can’t quite deal with the C word yet. I have to for work, but in personal life I need to go on my holiday first then deal with it. To be honest probably to start thinking about it and budgeting!

September 2, 2017 at 9:30 am
  • Reply Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes

I love Christmas!! I do always try to be organised and start shopping early, but I still find myself picking up bits last minute!

September 2, 2017 at 9:45 am
  • Reply Nafisah

I think it’s best to start to start preparing as early as one can, lol. In other words, it’s never too early. On the plus side, You will find that Your presents are unique because You bought them out of season.

September 2, 2017 at 11:27 am
  • Reply Jess | The Indigo Hours

I tend to pick up bits and pieces throughout the year as I see them, but I don’t start actively thinking about Christmas until mid-November, usually! I admire your organisation ๐Ÿ™‚

September 2, 2017 at 11:37 am
  • Reply nicol

I don’t usually think about Christmas until halloween is over haha. I’m honestly a last minute person when it comes to buying gifts

September 2, 2017 at 1:52 pm
  • Reply Jenni

I like to do my Christmas shopping early too, so that I can actually enjoy the run up to Christmas. Also so that I can get things sent off to overseas relatives in plenty of time.

September 2, 2017 at 7:35 pm
  • Reply Bear and Cardigan

When my children were little I always bought their presents at the end of October, any sooner and they would have changed their minds. I once bought presents in the January sales, and forgot all about them. I found them 3 months after Christmas so never did it again.

September 2, 2017 at 8:47 pm
  • Reply Sarah Ann

I’ve started thinking about Christmas and have already purchased some stocking fillers. Should I be admitting this? Haha!

September 2, 2017 at 10:15 pm
  • Reply Laura

I’m just like you in planning ahead for Christmas, I even did my first bit of wrapping the other day!

September 3, 2017 at 12:13 pm
  • Reply Eileen Cotter Wright

I do the same thing! I’m thinking about Christmas presents all year for sure.

September 3, 2017 at 2:38 pm
  • Reply Candice Nikeia

I start thinking about it in November before Thanksgiving! I love to start the holiday by listing to Christmas music!

September 3, 2017 at 3:46 pm
  • Reply Amy

All of my family say that as soon as The X Factor starts… it is officially the count down until Christmas! I love Christmas and I always got told off by my flatmates for talking about it and planning too early!

September 4, 2017 at 7:27 am
  • Reply Baby Isabella

We saw that liberty has opened its Christmas shop this week! We think September is far too early to start talking about christmas, after halloween then you are fair game ๐Ÿ˜‰ We do love Christmas though x

September 4, 2017 at 9:35 am
  • Reply Jen

That’s it! You set the C alarm off! You had to go and say the C-word. Uh oh.
    But I can see why, and if I’m honest I have considered it a little already. I’m not exactly organised or planning much, as yet, but if I see things that are suitable I do tend to get and keep.

September 4, 2017 at 12:02 pm
  • Reply Anosa

I must admit I have not even thought about Christmas as of yet as I am trying to survive September but honestly starting early is always better than last minute

September 6, 2017 at 7:17 am