Spending 24 Hours At The Oxford Belfry Spa Hotel

OxfordBelfryHotel

I’ve been dreaming of a spa weekend for a long time and after putting it on my 30 before 30 wishlist earlier this year I knew it was something to properly look into. Thankfully my best friend was totally into the idea and after a lot of searching on the internet, I settled on a package through Q Hotels at The Oxford Belfry. Spa weekends can be a mine field and vary in cost so drastically that some would require me to get a loan out just to afford one weekend. Thankfully Q Hotels offered such a great package that I couldn’t say no, but more on that later.

We knew we wanted to head out of our home county of Hertfordshire but we didn’t want to travel to the other side of the country so Oxford seemed like a great option, especially as it would allow us a day in the city after we’ve finished at the spa.

We arrived at 11am fully expecting to leave our bags at reception and nip back to properly check in later in the afternoon but despite being a Saturday within the school holidays we were advised that our room was ready and we could check in there and then. Little things like this make such a big difference when you’re having a weekend away and it was so nice to be able to unpack and change in our room rather than in the spa bathrooms.

Oxford

After a quick change, we headed straight to the spa where after getting our gowns and slippers we bagged some loungers ready for me to head off at midday for my treatment. Within the package, we booked we each got a one-hour treatment and I opted for a full body exfoliation which left my skin super soft along with a back and shoulder massage which was the perfect pressure I did almost fall asleep. My friend had her treatment at 1pm and as soon as we were done we headed to the bar to have our lunch. Despite missing the normal lunchtime buffet we had so many choices as I went for an omelet with chips and a side of onion rings which was included within the lunch package.

The rest of our afternoon consisted of relaxing with a book on the poolside loungers, doing some lengths in the warm pool and trying to endure more than three minutes in the sauna, I didn’t manage it! It was so relaxing and I truly think everyone deserves the chance to have a spa weekend and really turn off from the world. While down at the pool I didn’t have my phone and it was so nice to just turn off for a bit and be a bit selfish.

While down at the pool it was pretty warm being inside so it was really important to stay hydrated so I made sure to take some bottles of Aqua Carpatica* water with me. When you’re at a spa sometimes you forget about how much you need to drink especially if you use the sauna which is why I had a few bottles on hand to drink throughout the day.

The water is the world’s only nitrate free mineral water and the still spring water is derived from the Bajenaru aquifer and is harvested to the surface using environmentally friendly technology to keep it free of impurities. There’s a variety of still and naturally sparkling waters but the still versions are always going to be my favourite as I find them more refreshing. Some of the varieties come in glass bottles and it’s strange how much nicer water can taste being drunk out of a cold glass bottle, I get why people tend to prefer coke in a bottle.

We ended up spending a few hours lounging in our hotel room watching reruns of Would I Lie To You before our dinner reservation. All of the staff which we had contact with from those on the reception and in the spa to those in the restaurants and bars were all so lovely and made us feel really relaxed and at home.

OxfordBelfry

With dinner, we were given an allocation of £28 each for food off whatever we ordered and you just paid for drinks and anything extra. We decided to skip starters as nothing really took our fancy but our burgers, chocolate tart, and hot chocolates went down a real treat. I love how it wasn’t a complete set menu and you could order whatever you liked. Thankfully ITV was showing Crazy, Stupid, Love so we got into our PJ’s and settled down to watch Ryan Gosling’s abs, and you know the rest of the movie.

The following morning I felt so refreshed from a wonderful relaxing sleep that breakfast could not have come quick enough, and with a full English buffet included within our package I stocked up before we checked out ready to explore what Oxford city center had to offer.

Now I said I’d come onto the package later and it’s that time. I booked the spa package which included an overnight stay at the Oxford Belfry for two with access to the spa facilities, a one-hour treatment each, lunch, dinner, and breakfast and it cost us about £130 each. Considering a one-hour treatment alone is around £50-60 I thought this was great value for money and definitely something I’d be prepared to spend on again.

Pin It!

Have you thought about Spending 24 Hours At The Oxford Belfry Spa Hotel?

September 14, 2017

• Reply Patrick

Sounds like you had a lovely time being pampered and the price seems very good for a overnight.

September 14, 2017 at 2:25 pm
  • Reply Sarah Bailey

What a lovely looking spa and I absolutely love Oxford I could definitely see myself spending a night here to relax.

September 14, 2017 at 5:37 pm
  • Reply five little doves

Oooh I am super jealous! That sounds amazing, I would love to have a spa day right now!

September 14, 2017 at 5:49 pm
  • Reply Nichola - Globalmouse

That is really good value and sounds like a lovely experience, I am so in need of a bit of spa time right now!!

September 14, 2017 at 5:56 pm
  • Reply Rebecca

This sounds lovely, and really good value too! I would love a spa break so much!

September 14, 2017 at 8:28 pm
  • Reply Kara

That looks like a wonderful place to stay and reasonable meal costs too

September 15, 2017 at 8:29 am
  • Reply melissa major

Sounds like such great value for money! I want to go for a spa break soon

September 15, 2017 at 10:05 am
  • Reply Amy

Ahh I love a good spa break 🙂 This spa looks lovely – I’ve never been to Oxford so maybe I should incorporate a trip and a spa day…

September 15, 2017 at 10:26 am
  • Reply kirsty

The dinner sounds amazing, the chocolate tart would be something I would enjoy. I’ve never been to a spa hotel but to be pampered and having a relaxing time is something I could do with x

September 15, 2017 at 11:46 am
  • Reply Gareth Torrance

That looks like a really nice hotel! All of the ones around here are really dull…

September 15, 2017 at 12:36 pm
  • Reply Super Busy Mum

Oh, we all need a spa day every now and again, don’t we? This place looks lovely!

September 15, 2017 at 1:41 pm
  • Reply Flavour Seeker

I’m long overdue a spa weekend and this package sounds perfect. The last one I tried was the Rowhill Grange in Kent and it was incredible. Similar kind of package, with dinner allowance and use of facilities. I’d highly recommend if you’re ever down that way!

September 15, 2017 at 5:52 pm
  • Reply Jemma @ Celery and Cupcakes

I love a relaxing spa day to switch off, The Oxford Belfry sounds just the place 🙂 Great value for money too!

September 16, 2017 at 9:00 am
  • Reply Louise

I am long overdue a spa day and this place looks absolutely amazing! Next time I have the chance to go to Oxford I may just have to book myself in here for a nice, relaxing stay 🙂

Louise x

September 16, 2017 at 4:05 pm
  • Reply Jenni

That’s amazing value, any spas I have looked at have only included a mini treatment not an hour. It looks like a beautiful place to stay too

September 17, 2017 at 5:17 am
  • Reply Louise

I love spa breaks and this looks the perfect relaxing get away

September 17, 2017 at 7:49 am
  • Reply MELANIE EDJOURIAN

It sounds like it was lovely there. I am really feeling like I need to visit a spa even though the schools have just started as I am shattered already.

September 17, 2017 at 9:16 pm
  • Reply Tanya

Sounds like a fabulous package, bargain price! Glad you had such a good time, I could really do with a spa weekend

September 18, 2017 at 5:57 pm
  • Reply Olivia Thristan

That water looks so cool, I am always attracted to bottle water for the bottles. A spa weekend sounds perfect, I need to book myself in for one of those soon! x

September 18, 2017 at 8:15 pm
  • Reply Sarah

Ohhh everything about this sounds perfect! I would love a spa weekend, especially at such a beautiful location!

September 18, 2017 at 11:10 pm
  • Reply Ana De- Jesus

Aw I could really do with a spa break and I am so glad that you had a good time. I really love that you got a discount and £130 for everything is pretty good considering x

September 19, 2017 at 11:06 am
  • Reply Leigh at Fashion Du Jour LDN

I too LOVE it when you can check in right away! What a great thing to tick off your 30 under 30 too…LOVE a spa weekend and this sounds like a lush one.

Thanks for sharing!

Leigh at Fashion Du Jour LDN x

September 19, 2017 at 2:09 pm
  • Reply Leah Lander-Shafik

What a treat! And for £130! That’s incredible – I would love to have a spa break with my wife but we always have to take the dog and I don’t think he’d enjoy it as much lol x

September 19, 2017 at 8:31 pm
  • Reply Yaya

I’ve heard it’s super important to keep hydrated after a massage and that water sounds like the perfect option. I desperately want a massage weekend and this place looks fab!

September 20, 2017 at 6:08 am
  • Reply Crystal

Oh a spa break. What I would do for one of those right about now.

September 20, 2017 at 12:41 pm
  • Reply Agness of aTukTuk

This is such an awesome review! I would definitely love to stay at this hotel and enjoy all of the spa benefits!

September 20, 2017 at 6:44 pm
  • Reply Nayna Kanabar

What a lovely stay , sometimes you just need a couple of relaxing /pampering days to get refreshed and get your body fully charged for daily life. The hotel looks great and facilities are lovely too.

September 21, 2017 at 12:32 pm