Things I Bought In August

Bought Alice in Wonderland

Amazon

Near the beginning of the month, I treated myself to the Mad Hatter and Cheshire Cat Pop’s from Through The Looking Glass as they were the only Tim Burton Alice figures that I was missing and they were reduced slightly on Amazon so I only paid about £15 for the pair.

B & Q

My big purchase of the month came in the form of a Rattan two seater sofa from B&Q which I bought with some money which I got from my parent’s after two car boot sales they’d done including a whole load of my things. This was the main thing I needed to complete my balcony transformation and I am so happy with how it looks and I know it’s going to get so much more use now.

balcony

Clothing

At the beginning of the month, I bought a black lace trim work jacket from Dorothy Perkins which was in the sale at just £12 and it’s perfect for work. I always like to have a chiffon/ casual jacket on while I am at work so this was perfect. Halfway through the month I had a London day with my friend and we made a trip into Forever 21 on Oxford Street this could have been disastrous but I did quite well, to be honest, I bought myself a long line grey top which will be perfect for throwing on with leggings and a pink top which says ‘Pretty in Punk’. The quote is actually an old Fall out Boy song which I absolutely love so I needed to buy it. I also picked up a new small black rucksack which will be perfect for trips away, and some knee length grey jogging shorts for my other half to lounge around the flat in.

Bought Forever 21 Rucksack

I also made a trip to New Look around mid-month as I happened to be in London and thought I’d check out their store as my local one is pretty rubbish now. I actually bought quite a few items but only kept one black chiffon printed skirt.  I seem to have a lot of skirts with this design of a short skirt covered in a dipped hem long chiffon print, but what’s the harm in having five variations of a similar skirt if you love it?!

When I was in Oxford we headed into a Fat Face and I bought my first two items from the store, both of which were on the sale. The first was a cream and burgundy striped top and the other was a long line black patterned top.

After reading a post on the Cosmopolitan website about ankle boots I saw this beautiful black studded pair from Zara which were only £29.99 so of course, I had to snap some up because soon enough it’s going to become boot weather and I love the subtle silver stud detailing on these and the very very slight heel.

Bought Zara Boots

Activities and events

I absolutely love booking things so this month I booked a Big Bus tour which I did in the middle of the month in London then I pre-booked three activities for the next few months. Firstly the zip line in London had to be booked as it’s only in the capital for a short while and I didn’t want to miss out, I bought Bury Tomorrow tickets for me and my other half when they play Brighton in October, and I also bought us a Chocoholics Afternoon Tea at the Park Lane Hilton. I have already done this one so know it’s great but we’ve booked it for Halloween weekend so the afternoon tea will be themed which makes me very excited.

To go alongside my Zipline trip I booked to go into Buckingham Palace and explore the State Rooms at the beginning of September. The Queen is on holiday which means more of it is open than normal so I’m pretty excited to explore.

Bought Lush

Homeware

In the Urban Outfitters sale, I bought this neon plastic vase, I have no idea what I am going to do with it but I think it will look awesome on a shelf somewhere in my flat. I made a trip to HomeSense this month which is one of my favourite places and I managed to pick up three artificial plants, I got a tall red leafed plant which you can see in my balcony image above, I think it really suits the place. I bought a stunning white orchid as I can’t ever seem to keep mine alive and a tall yellow flower to add to my tulips in my living room, it definitely adds a pop of colour.

Maison Du Monde was my final homeware spend of the month where I bought a gold version of my living roomwas my final homeware spend of the month where I bought a gold version of my living room side table for my balcony as it’s the perfect height, plus it was only £29.99 which considering this style is so in is perfect.

Other things

As soon as Lush announced their Jelly Bath Bombs I had to pop to their Oxford Street store and pick up two to try. I bought Defense against the Dark Arts because it’s a dark gray colour so either I’ll be bathing in darkness or Lush will have a hidden secret inside, and I bought Marmalade as it smells citrusy which is my favourite scent.

When I was in Oxford we headed to the Alice store where I bought three little items including a Christmas tree ornament which will look adorable on my tree in a few months time, an Alice pin which is going to be heading straight onto my jacket and a new small addition of both stories in this gold edged book. I collect the Nightmare before Christmas mini figures and you buy them as a mystery not knowing what you’d get so I bought two in forbidden planet only to find out they were both duplicates that I already had. Boo.

September 2, 2017

• Reply Lucie Aiston

I absolutely LOVE your bag and boots!! Those 2 things are definitely the sort of things I’d buy. The zip wire thing sounds fab as does the Buckingham palace tour. Hope you have a great time!

September 3, 2017 at 5:59 pm
  • Reply Jade Spall

I NEED those Zara boots in my life. I did see them in there the other day but didn’t buy them and you’ve just reminded me!!! Love all the items you’ve bought – the cute new look rucksack will be a good outfit choice with the boots – perfect!

September 3, 2017 at 6:09 pm
  • Reply Kerry Norris

Those Zara boots are fab. So much I want from there right now. Love the bag you got too x

September 4, 2017 at 6:29 am
  • Reply Gareth Torrance

I relly like the look of that sofa! It would be great for our new home once we move 😀

September 4, 2017 at 6:42 am
  • Reply The Frenchie Mummy

I love Rattan! They have beautiful pieces of furniture! And your bag looks lovely too!

September 4, 2017 at 8:07 am
  • Reply Laura

I’m very jealous of your rattan sofa, I’ve been debating making a similar purchase but can’t decide exactly where it would go (or if I really need it!)

September 4, 2017 at 6:49 pm
  • Reply Olivia Thristan

I am loving Home Sense at the moment, my town just got one and it’s full of AMAZING stuff including the Halloween stuff yay!! I love those boots too 🙂

September 4, 2017 at 7:36 pm
  • Reply HodgePodgeDays

Love your new rattan sofa, you’ll get so much use out of your balcony area now too.

September 5, 2017 at 10:35 am
  • Reply Kara

I am still gutted that Lush are discontinuing some of my faves but the jelly bath bombs sound gorgeous

September 5, 2017 at 10:59 am
  • Reply Musings of a tired mummy...zzz...

I love the backpack, looks very smart but useful. Your balcony looks fab!

September 5, 2017 at 2:16 pm
  • Reply Angela Milnes

I like the black studded boots. This is something i would wear for sure! I have not tried Jelly bath bombs but would sure like to some time.

September 5, 2017 at 4:05 pm
  • Reply Super Busy Mum

I am a huge lush addict – these are some great buys for August!

September 5, 2017 at 5:20 pm
  • Reply Sarah Ann

Really like your boots. I treated myself to some Topshop boots recently and whilst I love them, my feet are paying the price! Hopefully they become comfy soon.

September 6, 2017 at 11:20 am
  • Reply All about a Mummy

You balcony looks fantastic! I also need. Pair of ankle boots for the winter and love the look of those and so affordable!

September 6, 2017 at 11:20 am
  • Reply Tanya Brannan

What a great month you have had with your purchases. I love the rattan sofa (and the throw on it) and you can’t beat a good lush haul. I would love to go do the zipwire, so I need to go and look into that further xx

September 6, 2017 at 1:17 pm
  • Reply Michelle Kellogg

I like the backpack and the boots. Of course I’m a sucker for leather. Even fake leather because it just looks good:)

September 6, 2017 at 1:30 pm
  • Reply Helen

Oo I love the studded boots, so perfect for autumn/winter 🙂

September 6, 2017 at 2:22 pm
  • Reply Kirsty

I love the sofa you brought looks very cosy! Those ankle boots look nice as well x

September 6, 2017 at 2:52 pm
  • Reply Anosa

You’ve picked up quite a lot of items in August and so jealous or the activities and events you have coming up especially Buckingham Palace tour

September 6, 2017 at 4:28 pm
  • Reply Ana De- Jesus

Lush have new bath bombs?! Oh oh there goes my bank balance haha. Also love the sound of the Chocoholics Afternoon Tea at the Park Lane Hilton. How much was it if you don’t mind me asking? x

September 6, 2017 at 6:22 pm
  • Reply Cal at Family Makes

Wow what a busy shopping month you have had! I love the Rattan sofa, it looks great and I’m sure will get lots of use. Your bag and boots look lovely too, and oh my, those bath bombs! I bet you’ll have all your blog readers rushing out to buy them now!!

September 6, 2017 at 10:35 pm
  • Reply Nafisah

I wondered where You got Your sofa from , from the post on how You revamped Your balcony, now I know 🙂 . I love those boots. Zara here I come, I hope they will still be available…

September 7, 2017 at 11:17 am
  • Reply Jennifer @ The Champagne Supernova

Oh my gosh love the vintage-looking Alice in Wonderland goodies- my girls would go crazy over those.

September 7, 2017 at 5:00 pm
  • Reply Jayne @ Sticky Mud and Belly Laughs

Awesome buys! I love your balcony area. It looks like the perfect place to chillax! I must check out those new Lush bath bombs too 😉 x

September 7, 2017 at 5:11 pm
  • Reply Nayna Kanabar

You have certainly been on a shopping spree, and picked up some bargains along the way. Your balcony looks great with the new sofa.

September 7, 2017 at 8:30 pm
  • Reply Laura H

Omg I’d love to try Defense against the Dark Arts because I’m a huge Potter fan!!

September 7, 2017 at 9:51 pm
  • Reply Esthy

Great buys! I love the Rattan two seater sofa and that lovely bag. I use to have a similar bag, it was so handy and easy to use. I must go back to get another.

September 8, 2017 at 5:54 am
  • Reply Lisa - The Love of a Captain blog

Your balcony looks so cool! Love the new Rattan. I hope you enjoy your tour of Buckingham Palace, i’d love to do that one day. x

September 8, 2017 at 12:30 pm
  • Reply Jazmin Williams

Love a lot of this! The backpack and boots and of course the LUSH products. Great buys!

September 8, 2017 at 1:24 pm
  • Reply Linsay

I’m loving the bag and boots, perfect for Autumn.

September 12, 2017 at 4:10 pm