Five Things – Week 86

Ischia Boat

Five Things I Did This Week

• On Tuesday I had a lovely evening in with my other half which included home cooking and a movie.
  • On Wednesday I headed on my first ever press trip to the Italian island of Ischia so the day included travelling to Gatwick, a flight, a ferry and a transfer.
  • Over Thursday and Friday in Ischia included a boat trip, time exploring the castle and botanical gardens and a hike up the island’s mountain.
  • Saturday was the day I came back from Ischia and we had a few hours in the thermal baths which was so relaxing and then we had our transfers and flight back home. It was strange being back but also really nice to be back to normality.
  • On Sunday I actually had a full-blown lazy day where me and my other cooked and watched a movie before he headed to work and then I spent the afternoon doing work and chilling with the cats.

Five Great Things To Happen

• My first press trip went really well, the whole four days was incredible and I feel so honored that I was chosen to go, and I can’t wait to start producing all my content surrounding my trip.
  • I learned quite a few things from spending a few days with some other bloggers and it’s given me so many ideas to try and push my blog.
  • I bought some beautiful new leggings and I am so excited for them to arrive and see how they look on.
  • As I had a pretty lazy day on Sunday I feel like I caught up on a lot and haven’t started the week playing too much of a catch up considering I was away for four days.
  • We sorted out travel insurance for my other half which is good and something I don’t feel like we need to worry about for a while now.

Five Things Which Sucked

• On Monday I was pretty ill which meant I didn’t go and spend the night with friends and I was so unproductive as I slept for most of the time. My body must have needed it.
  • I haven’t been back at my own flat and slept there for pretty much the whole of the last week and I feel like I’m missing my own space a bit.
  • I couldn’t get my boyfriends Netflix to work at his flat so I couldn’t watch more of Ru Paul’s Drag Race on Sunday when I was relaxing.
  • I ordered a duvet cover in the M&S sale but they sent it back as uncollected the day before I was going to go and now it’s out of stock to re-order 🙁
  • Due to lots of food in Ischia, my diet has completely gone out of the window and I need to work out how I am going to approach my weight loss going forward.

Five Things To Do Next Week

• Start pitching to some more brands and companies to work on my blog.
  • Unpack and sort out all of my clothes and things from my Ischia trip.
  • Sort out all of the thousands of photos I took in Ischia and schedule up social media and start creating the posts I want from the trips.
  • Not go too crazy on alcohol when I go out on Friday night as I’ll be getting a cab back to my boyfriend’s house after.
  • Start prepping more for Christmas now it’s October and get more presents and start prepping more for my gift guides.
What have you been up to this week?
October 9, 2017

• Reply Sarah Bailey

I am so glad you had an awesome time on your press trip, it must have been so exciting but sort of terrifying going on your first one!

October 9, 2017 at 3:09 pm
  • Reply melissa major

Sounds like you have been busy! Glad you had an amazing press trip. I am prepping for Christmas on my blog too ( favourite holiday over here lol)

October 9, 2017 at 5:10 pm
  • Reply Isabel

I like the format of this post, I’ve not seen one written this way before. 🙂 It’s amazing that you went away on a press trip, I think it shows how hard you must have worked on your blog and that it’s paid of. It looks lovely as well!

October 9, 2017 at 7:53 pm
  • Reply MELANIE EDJOURIAN

I’m looking forward to hearing about this press trip. I’m really pleased to hear you got to go and that you enjoyed it. ooo do share what you learnt from other bloggers. I am always looking for tips!

October 9, 2017 at 8:43 pm
  • Reply five little doves

Ahh sorry you’ve been ill, sounds like a great week other than that! Any week that involves thermal baths sounds good to me, I am super jealous!

October 9, 2017 at 9:01 pm
  • Reply Lima حليمه (@Fashionicide)

Wow, well done on scoring your first press trip! Sounds like you had a busy week but also took it easy with the night in with your husband. I need one of those night in sessions stat!

Lima
    X

October 9, 2017 at 9:12 pm
  • Reply Patrick

Can’t wait to read about your first trip…and sorry you weren’t feeling well either.
    What two movies did you two watch? asking for a cheetah…..

October 10, 2017 at 12:10 am
    • Reply Rhian Westbury

We watched father of the bride and King Arthur (the one which came out earlier this year), and both were really good x

October 10, 2017 at 10:46 am
  • Reply Lilinha

Sounds like you had a wonderful week. Can’t wait to hear all about your press trip as the pictures look stunning! 🙂

October 10, 2017 at 4:18 am
  • Reply John F

What an awesome trip and a great step forward in your blogging life. All the hard work and dedication really pays off when you get opportunities like that. Then to plan all the content to follow is an added bonus.

October 10, 2017 at 1:55 pm
  • Reply melanie

Sad to hear that you have been ill, but hope that you are better now. However, great news about the press trip 🙂 x

October 10, 2017 at 5:33 pm
  • Reply Kirsty

I’m glad you press trip went well and sorry to hear you’ve been unwell. It’s gutting when you order a product and it’s out of stock how annoying.

October 11, 2017 at 9:31 am
  • Reply Amy

Glad you enjoyed your first press trip 🙂 And well done for sorting out travel insurance – it’s so important x

October 11, 2017 at 9:58 am
  • Reply Emily Leary

Always great to have a Sunday that feels like a Sunday and not just a warm up to Monday 🙂

October 11, 2017 at 3:01 pm
  • Reply Tanya Brannan

Wow Ischia sounds fantastic! What an opportunity! I always love reading your 5 things posts as they are so inspiring xx

October 11, 2017 at 4:56 pm
  • Reply Louise

Your press trip sounds amazing! I can’t wait to read all your Ischia related content 🙂

Louise x

October 11, 2017 at 7:41 pm
  • Reply Jenny

That press trip sounds amazing! It sounds like you’ve had a busy week, your lazy day on Sunday was well earned!

October 11, 2017 at 9:33 pm
  • Reply Baby Isabella

Hope you enjoyed your press trip and we can’t wait to see all your photos x

October 11, 2017 at 9:41 pm
  • Reply Nichola - Globalmouse

I love your ‘five things’ posts. Your press trip sounds great and I love the sound of the thermal baths too.

October 11, 2017 at 9:45 pm
  • Reply Anosa

Sorting pictures will somehow gives you travel separation anxiety and will make you miss about the experience. I am glad the event went well, and ohh yes to thermal baths! Been wanting to have it since last few weeks.

October 11, 2017 at 11:20 pm
  • Reply Helen at Casa Costello

I’ve been wondering how you were getting on during your trip. Glad you enjoyed it. It does take a while to get back into the swing of things when you return though, doesn’t it. Hope you get the duvet set sorted.

October 12, 2017 at 11:20 am
  • Reply Sarah Ann

Sounds like you had a fantastic time on your trip and it’s great it;s given you so many ideas about moving your blog forward.

October 12, 2017 at 12:35 pm
  • Reply Ana De- Jesus

That is amazing that you were able to go on your first trip to Ischia and I can’t wait to hear more about what you got up to! Glad you had a good time x

October 12, 2017 at 3:36 pm
  • Reply Lucy | Real Mum Reviews

What an awesome press trip! Thermal baths sound amazing!

October 12, 2017 at 6:00 pm
  • Reply Harriet from Toby & Roo

I’m so pleased you enjoyed your press trip and learn new things from those with you! H X

October 12, 2017 at 9:03 pm
  • Reply Laura H

Your first press trip must’ve been exciting! I’ve never heard of Ischia before but it sounds great 🙂

October 12, 2017 at 9:06 pm
  • Reply Tanya

The trip to Ischia sounds amazing, and I bet that lazy day when you got back was needed! Sorry to hear you was ill and had to miss your plans

October 13, 2017 at 11:30 pm
  • Reply Angela Ricardo Bethea

I totally love this 5 Things Series … aside from learning about you, us readers get to have perspective and insight of things too! I bet your Press Trip was a total blast! xx

October 14, 2017 at 3:50 am
  • Reply Lubka Henry

Sorry to hear you were ill. I hope you’re back to speed now 🙂

October 17, 2017 at 5:29 am